Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption discussion

I am sure most know this, but for those who don't, fame grows regardless of being a hero or not. So you don't have to be good to be famous. Apparently townsfolk will cheer your arrival if you are very famous and good, or run and hide when you enter a town with low honor and high fame.

Future D1 Dad

can u play multiplayer w/o auto-aim on? sounds like some bullshit playing w/ it on.

Banned

love the detail on this game, i was just riding my horse down a path and i see this guy get off his horse and walk towards a rock, i walk up to see what hes doing and i see the piss stream and he turns around all mad

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    love the detail on this game, i was just riding my horse down a path and i see this guy get off his horse and walk towards a rock, i walk up to see what hes doing and i see the piss stream and he turns around all mad
    that would be sick to shoot and kill someone, only to find some vultures eating them later on.

Quote Originally Posted by jbot
    can u play multiplayer w/o auto-aim on? sounds like some bullshit playing w/ it on.
    Yeah you can...I'm unsure what level you have to be to have that option. I'm confused. When i first played multiplayer I went into a free for all match and auto aim was on. Just tonight tho I played every game mode and auto aim was disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by jbot
    Yes. Go to your options and change your multiplayer aim from Normal to Expert. I wouldn't recommend it though, most on RDR use Normal and it could cost you a lot of kills if others had the auto-aim and you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Yes. Go to your options and change your multiplayer aim from Normal to Expert. I wouldn't recommend it though, most on RDR use Normal and it could cost you a lot of kills if others had the auto-aim and you don't.
    So I can play in a match where my auto aim is turned off, but the opposing player could have it on?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    So I can play in a match where my auto aim is turned off, but the opposing player could have it on?
    I believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    I believe so.
    That would explain why some guys were killing me super quick tonight. Also why this one guy who was camping on the outskirts of a game mode was picking people off so fast as you got near. I know when I first played RDR the auto aim in the match was on. I could take my shotgun or whatever gun it was and hit a person long range from afar because I was locked on him.

Atleast in GTA4 you either played with everyone that had it disabled or it on. Here? Its mix n match until you unlock the game modes that disabled it for everyone.

Also if i had to make a complaint its changing weapons on the fly. GTA4 you could switch it quick. Say you had an AK47 and in a shoot out you get closer to the guy, you can switch to a shotgun and blast them. Here you gotta hit LB to pull up the option. By that time you're dead. Unless there is a way to switch weapons I didnt find out. Let me know. Cuz i was in a shootout with someone inside a building. I wanted to switch to my knife instead of trying to reload and cut his throat. I couldnt do it quick enough.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease LbloodOjunkieG's Avatar

So as I was taking a stroll with my horse, I came across a lady who was being attacked by wolves. As I raced over to try and save her, I aimed my weapon and fired. Well, with the auto aim, it aimed directly in front of me on the gravel, and I ended up shooting my horse in the head. I'm actually really upset about it, because I became attached to my horse. I loved her. It's the only horse I've had in the game, and now she is gone. She was a beautiful brindle color, with a black tail and mane. I contemplated loading from a checkpoint, but ultimately decided against it because in life, accidents happen, and you must move on. I didn't skin her, just let her be. R.I.P. my friend.

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

I Hope Mine Gets Here Today!!!

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I've done a couple of the damsel being attacked by coyotes missions too, and both times, I helped, took out the dogs, and then, because I had the gun drawn, she seemed to think I was gonna attack her or something, and freaked out running. I'm not sure what that did for my honor rating. I've also trampled on some people in need of help in the desert because I could hear them, and ran over to the dot, but my horse squashed them.

I like the collection stuff. I have to kill five coyotes with my knife next. Five birds from a moving train, and collect an herb that's now on an unavailable part of the map. I guess I did the herbs fast.

I also finally did a couple missions last night finally. Opened up the Armadillo sherriff, and purchased a save house there. I really love the way the map is laid out so far. A lot of access, you can go in a pretty straight line from one point to the next.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LbloodOjunkieG
    So as I was taking a stroll with my horse, I came across a lady who was being attacked by wolves. As I raced over to try and save her, I aimed my weapon and fired. Well, with the auto aim, it aimed directly in front of me on the gravel, and I ended up shooting my horse in the head. I'm actually really upset about it, because I became attached to my horse. I loved her. It's the only horse I've had in the game, and now she is gone. She was a beautiful brindle color, with a black tail and mane. I contemplated loading from a checkpoint, but ultimately decided against it because in life, accidents happen, and you must move on. I didn't skin her, just let her be. R.I.P. my friend.
    damn man you got attached!

i was doing the mission with marshall johnson, the one in pike's basin
    and as i was leaving, i whistled over my horse.. and i guess i was near a cliff, and he just like ran off the cliff lol

i 'd then 'd then 'd again

NBA lottery pick

Is this game worth the $60?

I'm a huge fan of Western movies and the Old West time periods.

I told myself after buying The Show 10 that I wasn't gonna waste anymore money til Backbreaker and Madden, but this game is enticing.

Anybody else really disappointed with the online? Whoever made the online trailer sure made it look good , the real thing isn't like that! At least for me, although I've only tried the free roam and the gang war one