Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Zelda for 3DS is fantastic...

All of you who got your 3DS for Pokemon, I'd recommend Zelda HIGHLY. It's a really good game, really really well put together. It's just fun. It's set up where you can explore at your leisure and is not so linear. It reminds me of a real old school Nintendo game, it flows so quickly and easily and there's nothing slow anywhere. I'm about 8 hours in and it's easily one of my favorite games this year.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

Default Re: Zelda for 3DS is fantastic...

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    All of you who got your 3DS for Pokemon, I'd recommend Zelda HIGHLY. It's a really good game, really really well put together. It's just fun. It's set up where you can explore at your leisure and is not so linear. It reminds me of a real old school Nintendo game, it flows so quickly and easily and there's nothing slow anywhere. I'm about 8 hours in and it's easily one of my favorite games this year.
    Isn't it literally a remake with a few additions and the paper thing? I'd say that's why it reminds you . I've actually never played a single Zelda in my life so I will get it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by clipse026
    Isn't it literally a remake with a few additions and the paper thing? I'd say that's why it reminds you . I've actually never played a single Zelda in my life so I will get it eventually.
    No, it's a completely different game. The overworld map is the same, that's it. Everything else is different.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I basically bought a 3DS XL on sale last week for this game. Also picked up Fire Emblem Awakening. It really is a great game with a massive nostalgia factor for anyone that was a fan of A Link to the Past (one of my favourite games of all-time).

I haven't had a Nintendo system since the SNES but it's obvious they at least still know how to control the handheld market.
    Last edited by Qwyjibo; 11-24-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I basically bought a 3DS XL on sale last week for this game. Also picked up Fire Emblem Awakening. It really is a great game with a massive nostalgia factor for anyone that was a fan of A Link to the Past (one of my favourite games of all-time).

I haven't had a Nintendo system since the SNES but it's obvious they at least still know how to control the handheld market.
    Link to the Past is one of the best handheld games of all time. From when you start the game to when you finish, you feel like you've been playing like 3 or 4 different games. The depth of that game (and really most Zelda games) is really unparalleled.

I recently stole my kid sisters' Nintendo DS and went out and bought three LoZ games - Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass and A Link to the Past for GBA which is DS compatible.
    I finished Spirit Tracks and am now halfway through AlttP, which is incredibly difficult compared to the other Zelda games I've played.

Good to know that this new game is more than a port of AlttP with some new gimmicks. I should get myself a 3ds. I also want to play Ocarina of Time again.
    Zelda games are awesome, even though I feel a bit silly when people see I'm playing these games at age 26..

Damn, I thought this game would be terrible but seeing all this positive buzz is making me want to play it. There hasn't really been a great Zelda game since TWW, maybe this is it?

I need a new Wars to really push me over the edge and get the system tho.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Tempted but saving up for the Xbone

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    I recently stole my kid sisters' Nintendo DS and went out and bought three LoZ games - Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass and A Link to the Past for GBA which is DS compatible.
    I finished Spirit Tracks and am now halfway through AlttP, which is incredibly difficult compared to the other Zelda games I've played.

Good to know that this new game is more than a port of AlttP with some new gimmicks. I should get myself a 3ds. I also want to play Ocarina of Time again.
    Zelda games are awesome, even though I feel a bit silly when people see I'm playing these games at age 26..
    People who think you looks silly playing games think you look silly playing any game. My friend had a date with some guy and he talked about games and she told him "are you talking about video games?" And he said something like "no, not kiddy games, adult video games like call of duty". It doesn't work like that unless you are 15.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Damn, I thought this game would be terrible but seeing all this positive buzz is making me want to play it. There hasn't really been a great Zelda game since TWW, maybe this is it?

Advance Wars? Or some other wars? Fire Emblem was pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    People who think you looks silly playing games think you look silly playing any game. My friend had a date with some guy and he talked about games and she told him "are you talking about video games?" And he said something like "no, not kiddy games, adult video games like call of duty". It doesn't work like that unless you are 15.
    truth! I think it's different with sportsgames though, so when you say you only play basketball games (which used to be the case with me) it's not that bad..
    With Zelda though.. Even my younger sisters were like wtf are you playing Answers like "it's a game with many layers and complex riddles" won't work

I also got a 3DS with the Thanksgiving deals. I have Fire Emblem and that game is so good. I'm more interested in OoT than this new Zelda though..

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

The one gripe I have with this game so far is that it is a bit TOO similar to A Link to the Past. The overall story/dungeon progression and bosses. But maybe there's a reason for that and I'll find out once I'm done. Still great overall though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

Twilight princess was pretty fantastic. Never got a chance to play skyward sword but I heard it was good, but not nearly as good as the others.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Twilight princess was pretty fantastic. Never got a chance to play skyward sword but I heard it was good, but not nearly as good as the others.

skyward sword was IMO hands down the best zelda game since ocarina of time.

this is the natural fan reaction to new zelda games post OOT:

Majoras Mask: This Sucks! OOT was way better!

Wind Waker: This Sucks! Majora's Mask was way better!

Twilight Princess: This Sucks! Wind Waker was way better!

Skyward Sword: This Sucks! Twilight Princess was way better!

All zelda games are really really good. I can't say i've played one that's been a let down or a disappointment.