Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: HBO's True Detective

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Yeah, i was shocked when i heard Monster was being made on HBO. I used to work at Time Warner, and the head of the movie division at some point was anime crazy and bought up licenses up the ass for movies, Bleach, Naruto, a lot of obscure things to. They are farming them out now to be made before they expire.
    interesting, I hope they do a good job with them and don't rush. some of those series lend itself more easily to live action or film adaptation. For live action adaptation, i actually find most japanese versions to be quite lacking, they make it too much about the cosplay instead of just making a good movie/show.

what did you do at time warner? and good luck with interview tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    interesting, I hope they do a good job with them and don't rush. some of those series lend itself more easily to live action or film adaptation. For live action adaptation, i actually find most japanese versions to be quite lacking, they make it too much about the cosplay instead of just making a good movie/show.

what did you do at time warner? and good luck with interview tomorrow
    I'm an analyst/finance manger/acct mgr. Did a lot of different things. I liked that I had friends in funding so i knew in advance (years) what movies were approved. Bleach for instance was approved for funds for next year. It might have been cancelled though. Godzilla was another one i knew, Pacific Rim I posted about on the board.

Finally saw the first episode. This was as well-done as anything I've seen on TV. Matthew McConaughey is killing it right now. He's probably gonna win the Oscar and the Emmy within the next year. What a run he's having. Makes you wonder what he'd be if he hadn't wasted his talents for 10 years on shitty rom-coms. Dude coulda been a legend

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raymone
    6/10

Good face but saggy boobs.
    You gay as **** she perfect.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Second episode also great... We are just two episodes in and I'm already feeling like this is one of the greatest shows ever created

I have a fear that it will have a shitty ending though...:\... I'm hyping it up to much already I think

When something seems this great it usually end up letting down

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I think the show is fantastic, I am totally hooked. Do you know MONSTER? Look it up on wikipedia, MONSTER (Manga/Anime). It's about a doctor who saves a childs life and it turns out being the worst thing imaginable. It's in this slot, next year. It will be a great drama because the source material is awesome.

Not gonna lie, just wikied it and that synopsis is damn intriguing. HBO coming out with some major additions to replace Boardwalk Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Rust Cohle
    I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature, separate from itself. We are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, the accretion of sensory experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody. When in fact, everybody is nobody. I think the honorable thing for our species to do is: deny our programming. Stop reproducing. Walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight. Brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.
    Hart: You don't say f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck all about my wife. Don't say her name!

Cohle: You got some self loathing to do this morning, that's fine. But it ain't worth losing your hand over.

Hart: and how would that work exactly?

Cohle: Well I'd just apply a couple pounds of pressure. Snap your wrist... You seeing me, detective? Think I'm lying?
    This character has some f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking potential. Great acting, great dialogue. Intellectual but mentally messed up. Not a meathead, but definitely not a p[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ssy.

I saw episode 1.

That ****ing slap was the greatest slap I've ever seen.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    I saw episode 1.

That ****ing slap was the greatest slap I've ever seen.

Wait, that was episode 2 wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Wait, that was episode 2 wasn't it?
    In episode 1 Mcnawhatever's character slaps another detective who calls him a rat phukk.

i thought its gonna be years/decades since we see a show even remotely close to breaking bad but boom few months after and this comes on.. huge potential

I love how they keep adding intoxicants to the table when Cohle is getting interviewed. Starts with a cigarette, then a six-pack, then a flask. I'm waiting for him to start shooting up.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

oh shit i didn't know this thread existed, i only cared bout one thing

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    GOTDAMN, who is hotter? Her or Annie's boobs?