Page 23 of 130 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425263373123 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Ya, Gonzaga has a couple really good Canadians. They're obviously in the category of good/great college players that won't amount to much or anything in the NBA, but it's great to see so many of them now in the NCAA.

Kabongo from Texas is a borderline first round NBA prospect. Another full season would have helped him. He's not exactly Wiggins/Bennett, but he has a legit chance of having a career in the NBA if he can get time on the court.

I know I'm missing a lot of players.
    yea Kelly Olynyk! I remember him when we were kids. His dad was a coach and they lived in Toronto for a while. Dude was like a 5 foot 8 yr old everyone knew he would be massive, but dude can play

It sucks about Kabongo, the whole situation, he didin't even lie to the NCAA he lied to the university's compliance personnel, but when the NCAA interviewed him he told them everything. I mean, the dude chose to STAY at school and they punish him? I don't think thats a message the NCAA should be sending

youre right tho, because of that, probably a borderline first-rounder, shouldve been a lottery pick dude has amazing speed and vision. Hoping Texas does well in conference play without him until he's back so he can at least play in the tournament and bring his draft stock back from the dead

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Just seen a Stanford game and a guy who really caught my eye as a potential solid NBA prospect was Dwight Powell.

I have only seen him once but the guy impressed the hell out of me he moves and has a body like a slightly less athletic Blake Griffin (or as good obviously) and his stroke seems fairly nice. Hes 6'9/6'10 tries to dunk everything still abit raw around the bucket. Solid handle as well basically hes a poor mans Blake Griffin type, a couple things against him tho are hes a junior but still the guy should get a look in into a NBA squad imo.

Anyone else seen more of him?

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Just seen a Stanford game and a guy who really caught my eye as a potential solid NBA prospect was Dwight Powell.

I have only seen him once but the guy impressed the hell out of me he moves and has a body like a slightly less athletic Blake Griffin (or as good obviously) and his stroke seems fairly nice. Hes 6'9/6'10 tries to dunk everything still abit raw around the bucket. Solid handle as well basically hes a poor mans Blake Griffin type, a couple things against him tho are hes a junior but still the guy should get a look in into a NBA squad imo.

Anyone else seen more of him?
    Toronto!!

he's a good prospect. I know for a fact he has a very good skill set, I thikn confidence in his offensive game is what has held him back from opening up a bit more. Stanford staff has a done a good job bringing him along slowly, he's consistently shown more and more of what he can do, I personally think that's a great way to coach raw big men.

Yep, there's a basketball renaissance over the border right now.

Tristan Thompson, Cory Joseph, Kyle Wiltjer, Khem Birch, Kevin Zabo, Tyler Ennis as well. Don't they also have one of the top young PGs in like '15 or '16? Saw a mix of his not that long ago.

Lots of talent.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Wiltjer is canadian? You learn something new every day.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Yep, there's a basketball renaissance over the border right now.

Tristan Thompson, Cory Joseph, Kyle Wiltjer, Khem Birch, Kevin Zabo, Tyler Ennis as well. Don't they also have one of the top young PGs in like '15 or '16? Saw a mix of his not that long ago.

Lots of talent.
    Not sure who the player is in '15/'16, maybe Jamar Ergas? He's a SERIOUS high flyer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dZTDwWY6gBE

the one guy who might be the most influential Canadian basketball player when all is said is done is Xavier Rathan-Mayes. If he convinces Wiggins to choose FSU instead of KU, Seminole fans are gonna make a bronze statue of him Going by your avatar im pretty sure you already know that

I don't really think Wiggins is truly considering KU. But I do think he ends up at FSU, so it doesn't really matter. Things are fluid, tho, and it can change when/if he visits the other schools.

This is the guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy6qjQWgR0Y

Not sure if he's all that or not. Looks alright in the video. Doubt he stays a PG if he's a 6-7 freshman already. Unless he completely stops growing.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    I don't really think Wiggins is truly considering KU. But I do think he ends up at FSU, so it doesn't really matter. Things are fluid, tho, and it can change when/if he visits the other schools.

This is the guy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy6qjQWgR0Y

Not sure if he's all that or not. Looks alright in the video. Doubt he stays a PG if he's a 6-7 freshman already. Unless he completely stops growing.
    yea i posted on this board that he'll probably end up at FSU and people ridiculed me saying UK was a lock. Not so farfetched now
    Him and Rathan-Mayes have played ball together for years, Rathan-Mayes parents went to FSU, so did Wiggins'. Unless Rathan-Mayes opens up his recruitment again (unlikely) im sticking with the FSU prediction, they'll do WORK together in the ACC

yea i've actually seen Jackson play at a tourney I was coaching at and the kid is definitely super talented. Takes plays off but that is understandable from a 14/15 yr old. Might still be growing, which is the crazy thing. Needs to work on his athleticism but I hear he's still getting used to his body

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Snapshot of a few very excited members of a Temple squad after their upset over 'Cuse.

[IMG]http://media.philly.com/images/567*395/20121224_dn_0mfiat6g.jpg[/IMG]

Only caught the last two possessions of the NM/Cincy game. Anyone watch it?

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Brandon Trise looks like Delonte West 2.0 (without the mental issues) does everything well stuck in between a PG/SG good defender

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    Snapshot of a few very excited members of a Temple squad after their upset over 'Cuse.

[IMG]http://media.philly.com/images/567*395/20121224_dn_0mfiat6g.jpg[/IMG]
    Amazing game, Wyatt played the last 5 mins with 4 fouls too, dude is a great competitor, went at Michael Carter-Williams all night and terrorized him on defence.

Seth Davis' weekend picks reminded me about the Jan 19th game between Gonzaga/Butler. That is gonna be sick....hopefully the Zags can beat teams like Baylor and OK St leading up to it so the hype doesn't damper.

anybody got a stream for the ucla-missouri game?

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    anybody got a stream for the ucla-missouri game?
    http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1606...3-gonzaga.html

Gonzaga's Canadians dominant tonight against Baylor. Pangos with 31 and Olynyk with 21. Heslip?....Not so much. lol