Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Blu Ray

Default Re: Exclusive: Charlie Sheen Says He's 'Not Bipolar but 'Bi-Winning'

Quote Originally Posted by RaininThrees
    I can't believe there was a mbell reference and we'v e gone 5 pages without...
    my ISH shining achievement

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Someone needs to group all the epic quotes he layed out in the past few days together . That one where he talks about if someone else were on the drug Charlie Sheen or whatever was hilarious.
    Charlie Sheen quotes as a new yorker comic strip

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/charl...toons?s=mobile

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Craving is a byproduct of psychological addiction, not physical. Physical addiction is what happens when you come off of alcohol, heroin, etc. and you are sitting in a corner, shivering, sweating, sleepless, insane... Basically as miserable as humanly possible.

Cocaine doesn't do that.
    Are you sure? What about the lack of dopamine production when stopping cocaine? It may not cause physical pain or anything but it's still a physiological effect...it may cause sadness, which is a mind-state, but it's from a physical/chemical problem no?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    Are you sure? What about the lack of dopamine production when stopping cocaine? It may not cause physical pain or anything but it's still a physiological effect...it may cause sadness, which is a mind-state, but it's from a physical/chemical problem no?
    Of course your receptors get all out of whack. Again, this is not limited to drugs. Eating chocolate can impact your dopamine receptors.

There are two kinds of drug withdrawals, by definition... psychological and physical. Some drugs can have both (heroin) and some just one (cocaine). Now, by the medical definition, cocaine does not produce physical withdrawal. Does that mean that there are things that may happen in your brain chemistry? Sure.

I'm just giving the medical definition... It isn't a physical withdrawal.

There is a reason why cocaine is referred to as 'girl' on the streets and heroin is 'boy.' For anyone that has experienced withdrawal from heroin, cocaine is absolutely nothing.

He fought to get them paid and he won. That was one of his major crusades since they shut down production and the company finally caved.

I think that people are so used to the model that is used in every contrived celebrity scandal that seeing something different and someone actually being honest about life has thrown them off and made them think that something must be wrong with that person.

Charlie was 'supposed' to release a statement that he was in rehab, go away for a few weeks, come back and act totally contrite... Maybe break down in tears about how he hit 'rock bottom'... Beg for his old job back and eventually get to work again. Then, the country would predictably 'forgive' him (even though he did nothing wrong and certainly nothing that impacts anyone outside of he and his family... ie: no one's business) and he would continue making millions per episode.

He has refused that pathetic template and people are literally freaking out over it. I'm just curious what exactly he is saying that makes him insane? That he did nothing wrong? He didn't. That the people who are judging him are self-righteous hypocrites? He is right. That AA is a bullsh!t cult for the weak-minded? It's true. That he is allowed to live his life as he sees fit? Absolutely right.

[COLOR="Red"]Where is the insanity?[/COLOR]
    "I wish I could let you borrow my brain, my thought patterns are not from this terrestrial world"

"I am on a drug, it is called Charlie Sheen, and if you take it your face will melt off"

(something like that, not exact quotes)

ect...ect...ect

I agree with you that he it is admirable that he isn't trying to fit the "good guy mold" or feel that he has to comform to society...THAT IS AWESOME!!!

but RBA, how can you listen to some of this stuff and not question his mental state?...some of it does come off as insane...

what I was saying earlier though, is that I can't tell how much of that is joking around, and how much of it is serious...it is hard to sense sarcasm with a lot of his comments...

obviously he isn't in physical withdraw...that shouldn't even be discussed with Sheen...lol...he isn't shaking and suffering

it is the mental issues...the mental withdraw

and RBA I brought up xanax and valium cause he has a supposed pill problem too...it isn't just coke I don't think...

Denise Richards said he was a monster pill head when they were together...

he also did a lot of shit that could be deemed INSANE with her btw...

Quote Originally Posted by -playmaker-
    and RBA I brought up xanax and valium cause he has a supposed pill problem too...it isn't just coke I don't think...
    Not true... Charlie Sheen said he is 100% anti-pills.

wouldn't even take pain pills for his hernia

I will respond to you guys when I get a little more time to formulate my thoughts, but I just wanted to throw this out there, because a lot of people probably don't realize it...

There are only two withdrawals that can actually be the direct cause of you dying... Alcohol and anti-anxiety medication (xanex, valium, etc).

That's it.

Not that it really applies to this conversation, but food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler

he did say that about the bi-polar thing too...

sigh, now I have to look up the Denise Richards quotes...F*CK I didn't want to have to spend time doing that...lol

Blu Ray

Do you guys know what insane means? I know what you're trying to say, but insane is the wrong word to use.

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler

Youre mistaken he just doesnt like them in pill-form, he prefers to smash them up and snort some lines.

I will respond to you guys when I get a little more time to formulate my thoughts, but I just wanted to throw this out there, because a lot of people probably don't realize it...

There are only two withdrawals that can actually be the direct cause of you dying... Alcohol and anti-anxiety medication (xanex, valium, etc).

That's it.

Not that it really applies to this conversation, but food for thought.
    yeah that is true for the most part...that is what I was told while in rehab anyway...

cause you can have seizures withdrawing from those...seizure can result in death obviously...

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Do you guys know what insane means? I know what you're trying to say, but insane is the wrong word to use.
    yeah just in poor mental health...

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Right. That is sort of my point. Being insane means that someone is not in control of their faculties and aren't responsible for the things that they are saying.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone in MORE control of their faculties than Sheen currently is. The guy's wit is on a really, super high level... In fact, I think it is going over some peoples' heads, which is more of the problem.

The guy is completely killing it in these interviews with some of the wittiest material I have ever heard in my life. He should do stand-up (not joking).

Blu Ray

Isn't insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?