National High School Star

Default What's the shopping like in Kuala Lumpur? Especially Basketball Stores

Me & the missus are headed to KL just before Christmas and I'm looking to drop some cash on basketball gear.

For those that have been..
    Where's good? Is there a good selection? & what are the prices like?

shhhhhhh

Default Re: What's the shopping like in Kuala Lumpur? Especially Basketball Stores

Beware of counterfeit goods. Honestly 85% of the stuff you're going to think is a good deal isn't the real deal

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Default Re: What's the shopping like in Kuala Lumpur? Especially Basketball Stores

If you're white, be prepared to be followed in every store you go to.
    Last edited by Balla_Status; 10-30-2013 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Beware of counterfeit goods. Honestly 85% of the stuff you're going to think is a good deal isn't the real deal
    This. You singaporean lah?

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    This. You singaporean lah?
    As far as i remember his and white and his wife is asian.

NBA Superstar

KL is a big city, and the infrastructure is more modern than the US in the main downtown tourist areas.

Fakes are harder to come by, it isn't China, though you will find fake soccer jerseys in night markets and a lot of places, in fact if you like soccer, buy the fake jerseys, they usually go for like $10.

As for hoops, it isn't big there, there are sports stores in the big malls, but it is more soccer and shit like that, as the EPL etc. are massively popular, the NBA, meh, not so much. You will find Nike counters in department stores, and they will have a bit of hoop stuff there but its mostly for the hip hop crowd, and you'll pay top dollar.

Despite what Balla Status said, people won't follow you, and while Malaysia is a Muslim country it is a much friendlier, softer less hardcore version of the religion than in the Middle East.

^Based on personal experience. I was followed in every store I went into. That was seven years ago. I agree with everything else you said.

I can't wait to get back there. They had a lot of awesome soccer shit.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    ^Based on personal experience. I was followed in every store I went into. That was seven years ago. I agree with everything else you said.

I can't wait to get back there. They had a lot of awesome soccer shit.
    Really? I've never had that problem there...

To your earlier question no, I'm just another white guy from the USA I worked there for a couple years and my wife is M'sian Chinese from Melaka. Spent tons and tons of time there. It's a good country I like it.