Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Lets get one thing straight: Dwight is gonna absolutely DOMINATE the league

Quote Originally Posted by krazymofo
    lol butthurt much?

What would my bum hurt about, mate?

I watch the nba for the enjoyment of competition and team execution. Not to worship an idol and vicariously live through their successes. I simply hate the way Brickbe plays, it's counterproductive and it irks me that there are fans as dumb as you who can watch 48 minutes of basketball, and not understand some basic principles about it.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Re: Lets get one thing straight: Dwight is gonna absolutely DOMINATE the league

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    has anyone ever missed the first two months of the season then won mvp?
    Was this confirmed? Just curious, cause i know Dwight openly tweeted that he started working out again.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

So when Howard comes back from his bad back he's going to dominate. One he has to be in game shape. He has to learn the new Princeton offense. Chemistry needs to be built. His back may hamper him. He's a diva and probably won't complain at first, but it will happen eventually. I doubt he's going to dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    Dwight has never been on this kind of team before... good defenders, good passers, good shooters, playmakers etc... everyone is locked in and focused which will allow Dwight to completely takeover the league.

I expect him to be MVP, DPOY, and Finals MVP. 29 pts/16 boards/4 blocks averages

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    So when Howard comes back from his bad back he's going to dominate. One he has to be in game shape. He has to learn the new Princeton offense. Chemistry needs to be built. His back may hamper him. He's a diva and probably won't complain at first, but it will happen eventually. I doubt he's going to dominate.
    He already is in gameshape.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Why is he going to start grabbing more rebounds? I do think he will eventually break past that low 20 scoring barrier he's been on. 29? I don't know about that.
    The Lakers have better defenders than the Magic do. Plus, Dwight has the length of Pau to help with defense, meaning more missed shots which leads to more rebounds.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    Dwight has never been on this kind of team before... good defenders, good passers, good shooters, playmakers etc... everyone is locked in and focused which will allow Dwight to completely takeover the league.

I expect him to be MVP, DPOY, and Finals MVP. 29 pts/16 boards/4 blocks averages

Not with Kobe on that team

Very good NBA starter

Posters were saying that if Dwight had Steve Nash on his Orlando Magic team they would be a contender. Now he has Nash, Kobe and Gasol and they honestly think this team isn't going to dominate? Nothing but bitter haters up in this thread. When I read that Dwight should be the first option it makes me question why I still come to this board because there is an obvious lack in basketball knowledge and just retards hitting key strokes.

How can Dwight dominate with all those weapons on his team. I don't understand how LeBron does it. You'd think with so much talent, the work load would be split more evenly. Dwight dominated in Orlando. I don't think that'll be the case in LA.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    It honestly wouldn't shock me for Dwight to do this with the Lakers.............

just not year 1.
    This. More likely to happen in year 2 when Kobe may not be Top 7 in the league anymore and Pau will be a step slower. I can see the Lakers offense primarily running through him and Nash pick and roll action, with him averaging more like 27-28 PPG, 13-15 RPG, on 58-60% shooting (he has shot 60% or more a few times in his career thusfar).

I think when Dwight is 100% healthy, comfortable enough in the Lakers franchise and offense, and the #1 option on the team, he will dominate. When healthy, Dwight is a MVP candidate caliber player, and he hasn't hit his peak yet as a player.

It all depends on how quickly he recovers and returns to 2010-2011, early 2012 form. I think him losing weight will ultimately help his game overall and prolong his prime and career in general. The bigger he is, the sooner his back or knees will begin to become chronic issues.
    Last edited by BlackVVaves; 08-27-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
    Whoever has the best matchup or whoever is open on a given play should be the "number one option" mate. Only idiots (like you) would disagree.

People like you suppose that Kobe should take more shots while being double teamed by James and Battier than Dwight or Gasol should while being attended to by the likes of Eddy Curry, just to stick with the 'hero fantasy' that Kobe is the #1 option....

You're a bloody simpleton, mate, it just don't get much more clearer.
    so why is it always the selfish guys that win the most? in history how many nashes have won compared to kobe like players?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    so why is it always the selfish guys that win the most? in history how many nashes have won compared to kobe like players?

Mate, guys like Magic, Lebron, Bird, Nowitzki, Duncan, Gasol, Shaq have all dominated without being overtly selfish.

Jordan was fairly selfish some say but was competitive enough to be dominant in off-ball phases of the game like defense and rebounding, and even was a quality distributor.

Kobe is the most selfish player the game has ever seen, refuses to take charges, never guards the other teams best player, is not an efficient shooter, continues chucking even when he doesnt have it going, has myriad bad nights and still has to hog attention by staying after to 'shoot around' and all the while gets disproportionate credit from idiots like you when the TEAM and the ORGANIZATION win, usually by having guys step up while Kobe is bricking.

It's only the lowest of the low, the complete dummies of the base, the biggest retards, the most excitable sheep, the fools like yourself who think that whoever attempts the most shots on a winning team must be the best player and some automatic GOAT candidate. What a clown ye are, mate. Kobe was never the most impactful player on any of the five championship teams he was a part of. Shaq for three, Gasol for two.

starface is obsessed

Banned

I still find it funny how people act as if Dwight's teams were bad in Orlando. They were no Miami Heat or OKC Thunder but that doesn't mean they were bad.

Will be tough....