Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Who should Pistons draft in 2013 NBA Draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Here's the thing,they're cheap gambles. They cost you almost nothing. Also, you aren't likely to move up much, if at all, for 37 and 56.

We've found some good talent in the 2nd. Jerebko clashed with Frank it seems, but he's a 4 or 5 win player on average. Middleton showed promise and Singler seems like he could be part of an NBA rotation. Johnson is a pretty solid big man in this league and we also picked up Okur and even Rebraca in the 2nd.

Not to mention other teams have found guys from Ginobili to Boozer in the 2nd. Plus you can usually find a Euro to stash for a while and you have the D league now, so you can get them more playing time and wait to make decisions.

If anything, I'd want to use 56 and cash to move up, using two higher 2nd roudners. I'd LOVE to get Wolters and Roberson/Muscala
    There's a lot of teams that are basically trying to give away their first round picks because they don't have any cap space. We do. A mid to late first rounder isn't all that expensive. It's just a guaranteed contract vs. 2 non-guaranteed for the 2nd rounders. I'd rather have the extra roster spot open so we can make a trade. There's a lot of good names getting thrown out there in the trade discussion now. For us to be able to compete with Indiana & Chicago we really need another big time player and a solid contributor off the bench, not guys who will be in the d-league. Even an earlier 2nd rounder would be better, if there's someone who slips.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

I am warming to the idea of Cardwell-Pope - The more I see footage of him the more I think his game translates to the pros - Rangey SG who has a very nice touch from outside, very athletic and huge potential as a defender too - I read somewhere that he is pretty much a taller version of Mclemore but doesn't get the same attention because he played for a college that isn't as prestigious...

I really don't want to grab Bennett - massive talent, but tweener forwards have a very hard time thriving in this league, just ask Derrick williams, Thomas Robinson, who both play a similar brand and were both a lot more highly regarded...

As much as I hate combo guards, McCollum is growing on me, again, very similar to both curry and lillard, and they have both dominated in todays style of play

I also see that Bobcats want to trade Kidd-Gilchrist so they can draft Porter at #4

I would happily offer then our #8 for him!!! But doubt they would pull the trigger on that, but who knows, weirder stuff has happened...

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    I am warming to the idea of Cardwell-Pope - The more I see footage of him the more I think his game translates to the pros - Rangey SG who has a very nice touch from outside, very athletic and huge potential as a defender too - I read somewhere that he is pretty much a taller version of Mclemore but doesn't get the same attention because he played for a college that isn't as prestigious...

I really don't want to grab Bennett - massive talent, but tweener forwards have a very hard time thriving in this league, just ask Derrick williams, Thomas Robinson, who both play a similar brand and were both a lot more highly regarded...

As much as I hate combo guards, McCollum is growing on me, again, very similar to both curry and lillard, and they have both dominated in todays style of play
    I absolutely agree about Bennett. He's actually supposed to be better than the other guys you mentioned but I really don't like those guys who don't have a true position in the league. Plus we have Monroe and Drummond.

I think Caldwell-Pope was a higher rated prospect coming out of high school over McLemore wasn't he (even though there's an age difference)? I would be a little leary about drafting him, but we do need a SG. Actually a lot of people seem to think Oladipo may get drafted before McLemore now too.

McCollum can go somewhere like the T-Wolves. I've heard his stock is falling fast. There's a lot of people out there saying he is not a PG at all and doesn't have the same skill set as Lillard. People are saying he just doesn't have those handles and it's shown in his workouts. He may be able to score the ball, but since we already have Knight I'm not sure what kind of role he could have on this team.

There's been numerous reports that Shabazz has had very good workouts. I still see him as being a very good fit too.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    There's a lot of teams that are basically trying to give away their first round picks because they don't have any cap space. We do. A mid to late first rounder isn't all that expensive. It's just a guaranteed contract vs. 2 non-guaranteed for the 2nd rounders. I'd rather have the extra roster spot open so we can make a trade. There's a lot of good names getting thrown out there in the trade discussion now. For us to be able to compete with Indiana & Chicago we really need another big time player and a solid contributor off the bench, not guys who will be in the d-league. Even an earlier 2nd rounder would be better, if there's someone who slips.
    Don't get me wrong, I love that 18-28 area of the draft. I'd love an extra pick there.

Decent college freshman

I think Bennett does have a position fwiw. He's a PF. He's a little short, but he has a huge wingspan, plus athleticism and good strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    I think Bennett does have a position fwiw. He's a PF. He's a little short, but he has a huge wingspan, plus athleticism and good strength.
    Yeah I would tend to agree with this - it is not often a "tweener" forward ends up being a SF due to the majority of todays power forwards being somehwta stretch 4's.

I guess the PF position has evolved to be a tweener position in itself.

For an SF - I would much rather a rangey wing player like a Leonard / Batum type skill set...

A player who fits this mold who is looking to be drafted between 14-22 range is Giannis Adetokoubo. I wouldn't mind trying to trade into that area of the draft...

Do you guys see Shabazz as a SG, or a SF?...

nbadraftnet.com has Porter slipping to us at #8... This would be amazing - but highly, highly unlucky. Would be highly unlucky he makes it outside of the top 4...

Apologies for the triple post, but is there any chance what so ever that Franklin will fall to us in the second round>? Damn his stroke is so fluent / quick / effective
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...WEI81h0#at=342

Decent college freshman

Porter might not fall, but I get a good feeling that someone will fall to us that shouldn't. Guys like Len and Zeller are rising, Bennett and Noel should go in front of us and hopefully 2 of Mccollum,Burke and MCW will go in front of us too. If things work out similar to that, we get one of Oladipo,Mclemore or Porter

Decent college freshman

Apologies for the triple post, but is there any chance what so ever that Franklin will fall to us in the second round>? Damn his stroke is so fluent / quick / effective
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...WEI81h0#at=342
    Franklin might be the guy I want most in the draft. I think he goes around 17 or 18, worst case maybe mid 20s.

[QUOTE=Nastradamus]Porter might not fall, but I get a good feeling that someone will fall to us that shouldn't. Guys like Len and Zeller are rising, Bennett and Noel should go in front of us and hopefully 2 of Mccollum,Burke and MCW will go in front of us too. If things work out similar to that, we get one of Oladipo,Mclemore or Porter[/QUOTE]

If we can get one of those 3, then we have had another massive win in the draft

But if this doesn't happen, I would look at trading down to get a guy like Franklin and another player in that range instead of picking the wrong guy at #8 like a Bennett or MCW

#8 for Jazz #14 + #21

#8 for Hawks #17 + #18

Wonder if those would work

NBA lottery pick

I do think there will be suprises tomorrow night. There's definitely going to be trades. I just don't see one of those players sliding to us this year. I think teams are going to go after the guards much earlier this year. They've been the guys who've come in and been the most effective. That doesn't really help us out. I saw the Porter thing. I think it was just something to generate discussion. I don't see that happening. Oladipo will be long gone by the time we pick too. His stock is sky high right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I do think there will be suprises tomorrow night. There's definitely going to be trades. I just don't see one of those players sliding to us this year. I think teams are going to go after the guards much earlier this year. They've been the guys who've come in and been the most effective. That doesn't really help us out. I saw the Porter thing. I think it was just something to generate discussion. I don't see that happening. Oladipo will be long gone by the time we pick too. His stock is sky high right now.
    This is true, however, if the draft plays out like this:

#1 - Len (we want this)
    #2 - Mclemore
    #3 - Bennett (we want bennett to go here to have a chance)
    #4 - Noel (bobcats want porter, but will not be able to pass up Noel here)
    #5 - Oladipo (it seems like Mclemore / Oladipo will go #2 and #5 either order)
    #6 - Burke
    #7 - McCollum (kings will take Burke if he is available, but are very high in McCollum)
    #8 - Porter...

It is not too hard too see a draft look something like this - If Len and Bennett are both top 3, I say we are a fairly good shot at Porter

NBA lottery pick

This is true, however, if the draft plays out like this:

#1 - Len (we want this)
    #2 - Mclemore
    #3 - Bennett (we want bennett to go here to have a chance)
    #4 - Noel (bobcats want porter, but will not be able to pass up Noel here)
    #5 - Oladipo (it seems like Mclemore / Oladipo will go #2 and #5 either order)
    #6 - Burke
    #7 - McCollum (kings will take Burke if he is available, but are very high in McCollum)
    #8 - Porter...

It is not too hard too see a draft look something like this - If Len and Bennett are both top 3, I say we are a fairly good shot at Porter
    I already read the same mock draft. Porter is just too good to not go to someone before us. I actually think teams are trying to not talk about him because they don't want to tip their hand and let others know who they're after.