Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Anyone here playing Sleeping Dogs?

This game is amazing. I don't usually like GTA-type games but this one is so good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M36-n0gSHoc

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone here playing Sleeping Dogs?

At the comments.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

I'm about 25% completed as far as all the side stuff and random stuff to find. I really, really enjoy it. I absolutely hated GTA4. This game is exactly what I wanted from open world crime. I really like movies like Infernal Affairs, Bittersweet Life, and Old Boy and this definitely has the same mood with Hong Kong (although those are Korean), undercover cop in the criminal underground, the shootouts and the giant brawls. They did a great job replicating the Batman melee formula and it's a ton of fun. Some of these environment kills are brutal. I was in a fish market and threw dudes up on hanging hooks and impaled them on swordfish heads. The driving in this game is excellent and you can hijack vehicles from another vehicle. The story is pretty solid. Even some quality voice over work. Whoever voices Wei Shen is a bad ass. Lucy Lui, Emma Stone (although I haven't heard from her in a long time) and Tom Wilkinson do a great job. You can definitely relate to the way you interact with the characters that Wei Shen meets as he forms bonds with these guys. All around great game so far. This was the 1st game I pre-ordered all year and it's been worth my money so far.
    Last edited by clipse026; 08-20-2012 at 01:35 AM.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Cant wait to get home and try it myself. Reviews are great and this game is definitely my type.

. I absolutely hated GTA4. This game is exactly what I wanted from open world crime.
    I haven't liked any GTA or GTA-clones till this game. The story, fighting and driving are amazing. So much fun

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I was burned out on GTA back when San Andreas came out. I like Hong Kong shoot em up films like Hard Boiled and Tiger Cage. After I'm done with Arkham Asylum, I think I'm gonna get Sleeping Dogs to fill my time before Borderlands 2.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    I was burned out on GTA back when San Andreas came out. I like Hong Kong shoot em up films like Hard Boiled and Tiger Cage. After I'm done with Arkham Asylum, I think I'm gonna get Sleeping Dogs to fill my time before Borderlands 2.
    So do i. You'll be in heaven.

This game has great voice acting and an actually compelling story. When your crew runs into a bad situation (great scene) you feel for the characters. I actually cared what happened. It wasn't like GTA where it's just a boring cut scene to show your motivation, i felt like taking action based on what happened.

It's a fantastic game.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Played for some time yesterday, and it was awesome! Great game. I liked it better than saints row, because of fighting and physics.

Wei is a great character. He drives two women around and is flirting with one of them and the other one says "Get a room you two" and he tells her " i don't think that's till later".

Great voicework.

is it a completely open-world? or is it one of those "its an open world, but there is nothing to do but main quests" kinda games?

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

There are main quests, cop missions, face missions (helping people with stuff), races, drug busts, and a few dates you can go on. Also various fighting dojos to train.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    So do i. You'll be in heaven.

This game has great voice acting and an actually compelling story. When your crew runs into a bad situation (great scene) you feel for the characters. I actually cared what happened. It wasn't like GTA where it's just a boring cut scene to show your motivation, i felt like taking action based on what happened.

It's a fantastic game.
    I picked this up last night. I only saw the intro and played a bit cause the install took forever! I hope it definitely maintains it

[QUOTE=glidedrxlr22]I picked this up last night. I only saw the intro and played a bit cause the install took forever! I hope it definitely maintains it

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I hadn't even heard of this until now. I'll stop and pick it up on my way home tonight. I haven't played anything in months. Pretty much since I burnt out on Skyrim I haven't played anything.

I've got pre-orders in for RE6, The Last of Us, and Assassin's Creed 3. But while I've been in Gamestop looking putting my orders in I never noticed anything I found intrigueing. I must've just walked by this.

GameInformer gave it a 7.75, but the user rating is 9.25, and it sounds like you guys are in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I hadn't even heard of this until now. I'll stop and pick it up on my way home tonight. I haven't played anything in months. Pretty much since I burnt out on Skyrim I haven't played anything.

I've got pre-orders in for RE6, The Last of Us, and Assassin's Creed 3. But while I've been in Gamestop looking putting my orders in I never noticed anything I found intrigueing. I must've just walked by this.

GameInformer gave it a 7.75, but the user rating is 9.25, and it sounds like you guys are in the same boat.
    It's just fun. the fighting is fun, the story is actually interesting (five times more so if you are into hong kong type movies or even if you really liked the departed), and the missions rarely every give you something you don't want to do. Games are supposed to be fun and this game is really fun.