Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Jashaun Agosto vs Seventh Woods

Default Re: Jashaun Agosto vs Seventh Woods

Those names.

If Agosto can grow up to about just under 6 feet, he can become a decent NBA player.
    Seventh Woods is a beast already. If he keeps it up, he can be the new Andrew Wiggins.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    Those names.

This.

America be on dat life support.

Don't worry America. It'll all be over soon.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    The little dude in the first video has decent handles and looks solid... but I have to question the level of competition. They are playing on side courts... the lines to the real court criss-cross it, so you can tell they are not playing on the main court. I feel like "real" competition, even at that young age, would play on "real" courts.

That being said, still has solid moves, particularly for someone so young. But I don't see anything eye-popping

Some people (the African-American flavored ones) shouldn't be allowed to name their kids unless it is approved by some committee.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Some people shouldn't be allowed to have kids unless it is approved by some committee.

edited where bolded.

Also this kid Jaylin Fleming is the next Lenny Cooke it seems.

He's like 4 foot 10 but against Agosto he looked lost trying to defend him.

Local High School Star

Cant believe he was hyped as the next MJ/Lebron when Agosto was 12 years old.

As good as he is fundamentally, I just see him as a decent PG at most. Just doesnt look like he has the takeover effect, his also only 5'7 at 15 years old.

Seventh woods looks like a beast, probably a very good NBA player in the future.

Learning to shoot layups AndOn3's Avatar

Jashaun Agosto probably won't make the NBA, imo. If he does, he's not going to be more than a really poor man's Ty Lawson of the bench. Seventh Woods most likely will be a serviceable rotation player, but I don't see anything really special out of either of them.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Jashaun WON'T make the league and I've been saying it for years.

It's a damn shame that people like his father exist out there... psychotically pushing him to do this rather than focus on educating himself and becoming a productive member of society... chances are he's going to end up bagging groceries once he realizes he is not NBA level talent.

What he has right now is a result of an incredible amount of work put into practicing his game. That is soon going to not matter once he starts going up against insane athletes. He's not making the NBA.

His dad is trying to live vicariously through him and it's going to end up costing Jashaun a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    The little dude in the first video has decent handles and looks solid... but I have to question the level of competition. They are playing on side courts... the lines to the real court criss-cross it, so you can tell they are not playing on the main court. I feel like "real" competition, even at that young age, would play on "real" courts.

That being said, still has solid moves, particularly for someone so young. But I don't see anything eye-popping
    It's the John Lucas Camp, it's basically all the best 7th, 8th and 9th graders in the country that go to this camp. And they are playing on side courts because there are multiple games going on at a time.

NBA rookie of the year

Jashaun Agosto's father is an ass, seriously.
    It's so wrong to expose your kid that way, the kid has been hearing for years about how amazing he is and how he's going to the NBA and all kind of stuff.

The kid is great but he's too short and it's not very likely that he will grew enough to even have the standard body of an NBA player.

The kid will instead have to deal with failing at the one thing that mattered and his dad is going to have to deal with it in a better way then what he dealt with all this.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    Jashaun WON'T make the league and I've been saying it for years.

It's a damn shame that people like his father exist out there... psychotically pushing him to do this rather than focus on educating himself and becoming a productive member of society... chances are he's going to end up bagging groceries once he realizes he is not NBA level talent.

What he has right now is a result of an incredible amount of work put into practicing his game. That is soon going to not matter once he starts going up against insane athletes. He's not making the NBA.

His dad is trying to live vicariously through him and it's going to end up costing Jashaun a lot.
    It's really sad, I remember seeing these videos like 5+ years ago.

I think he is a good athlete though. He was running sub 5 minute miles at 10 years old and is a track star.

Unfortunately the most important factor regarding the NBA is size and athletisicm, not skills. Anyone can get skills, but size and elite athleticism is what really turns scouts head.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HeatFanSince88
    It's really sad, I remember seeing these videos like 5+ years ago.

I think he is a good athlete though. He was running sub 5 minute miles at 10 years old and is a track star.

Unfortunately the most important factor regarding the NBA is size and athletisicm, not skills. Anyone can get skills, but size and elite athleticism is what really turns scouts head.
    Seventh Woods athleticism and size mixed with Jashaun Agosto's fundamental skills