Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: ESPN pulls unflattering article about LeBron from website...

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kauaihawaii
    Exactly.
    They probably pulled it after realizing how stupid the article was. The article certainly wasn't damaging.
    The whole situation is embarrassing. The fact they had to cover their asses, because they let a professional journalist write a trivial article that any hater could, just shows how much news has changed.
    well, any hater with exclusive access to his party/dinner.

but, why did they not realize how stupid it was before they published it? Im sure at least one editor and assnt editor read it before publishing it.

Send Arash a tweet and tell him you think its BS:

http://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi

Real Men watch CBM

ESPN now doing some Damage Control:
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/2q0927

ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz tells us why the LeBron Vegas story was pulled:

"The story should have never been published. The draft was inadvertently put on the server before going through the usual editorial process. We are in the midst of looking into the matter.”
    Other writers calling BS on ESPN's "cover-up":

Kelly Dwyer (who wrote for ESPN/SI/Yahoo) from "Balls Don't Lie" Column had this to say:

BS. ESPN just lied to us. RE: Arash
    So basically, ESPN's own excuse made them look even WORSE. Because apparently anyone can just turn in a DRAFT, yes that's right, a simple DRAFT and have it published globally on ESPN.com before going through the "editorial process".

So professional ESPN, very professional.

ESPN = EPIC fail.
    Last edited by Jordan-esque; 07-28-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Lakers are MY TEAM

Well, hating on LeBron is becoming a popular story in many places. It's just one of the by-products of the dumb a$$ way he handled things and the way he chicken shi$$ed out by joining DWade's team.

Here's another example... that's more clear. "No choice but to hate the Heat."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ml?eref=sircrc

I'd say Kobe would just be in the gym practicing his newest improvement in his game, but I know he's in China at the moment selling billions of jerseys that James never will match. Kobe messed up with the rape thing (though I think that was all trumped up B.S.), but LeBron may have done worse -- if DWade hits all the GW jumpers in the championships Bron-Bron just cost himself megamillions (and he WILL be PISSED about it).

Decent college freshman

Lebron is the perfect example why as soon as you get rich and succesful you need to dump your ghetto ass homies from da hood and get some real professionals to manage your career and portfolio.

At this rate Lebron's going to be doing Burger King Commercial dressed in the King costume cause his friends will have wasted all his money.

SMH

another poor uneducated black becomes the victim of his upbringing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambis
    Well, hating on LeBron is becoming a popular story in many places. It's just one of the by-products of the dumb a$$ way he handled things and the way he chicken shi$$ed out by joining DWade's team.

Here's another example... that's more clear. "No choice but to hate the Heat."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ml?eref=sircrc

I'd say Kobe would just be in the gym practicing his newest improvement in his game, but I know he's in China at the moment selling billions of jerseys that James never will match. Kobe messed up with the rape thing (though I think that was all trumped up B.S.), but LeBron may have done worse -- if DWade hits all the GW jumpers in the championships Bron-Bron just cost himself megamillions (and he WILL be PISSED about it).
    It's ONE article on SI. There are other pro Lebron articles too. Are you suggesting having ONE article being anti Lebron meants there is an ANTI lebron bias?

The CoverUp is always worse than the "crime". As soon as the story is out there, just leave it there. Now there'll be all this press about ESPN censoring stories.....10X more press than if simply left an innocuous article on the site.......

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    The CoverUp is always worse than the "crime". As soon as the story is out there, just leave it there. Now there'll be all this press about ESPN censoring stories.....10X more press than if simply left an innocuous article on the site.......
    Yup.

It wasn't even a bad article.

Just goes to show how big of a douche this guy is ... they kept it quite under wraps in Cleveland for the past 7 years.

This guy won't let people approach him at a club.

But in LA at a resteraunt in 2003, 3 time NBA champion and world known superstar Kobe Bryant, was asked by my cousins friend directly to come over and wish her happy birthday ... and he gladly oblidged without censoring people from coming his way or having to complete an application in order to converse with him.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Yup.

Just goes to show how big of a douche this guy is ... they kept it quite under wraps in Cleveland for the past 7 years.

But in LA at a resteraunt in 2003, 3 time NBA champion and world known superstar Kobe Bryant, was asked by my cousins friend directly to come over and wish her happy birthday ... and he gladly oblidged without censoring people from coming his way or having to complete an application in order to converse with him.
    It's always gotta be about Kobe

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    It's always gotta be about Kobe
    Lately, sure ... he's the only thing relevant to me (5 rings, going for 6) besides LeBron James / Dwyane Wade / Chris Bosh villainy and douch baggery ... only things to talk about in this off season.

Thank God for FIBA in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Yup.

Maybe LeBron knows there are crazy Laker fans who want to stab him in his face. I think that garners enough to roll with security don't you?

On the other hand Greg Oden walks alone in Washington Square (mall in Oregon) cuz he knows that no Blazer fan will get within 10 feet of him in fear of injuring him.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    It's ONE article on SI. There are other pro Lebron articles too. Are you suggesting having ONE article being anti Lebron meants there is an ANTI lebron bias?
    One article doesn't suggest anything.

However, are you willing to contend there isn't an anti-Lebron bias right now in the journalist community?

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    Maybe LeBron knows there are crazy Laker fans who want to stab him in his face. I think that garners enough to roll with security don't you?
    He's always rolled like this ... only people he needs to worry about stabbing him is disgruntled Clevelanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    One article doesn't suggest anything.

However, are you willing to contend there isn't an anti-Lebron bias right now in the journalist community?
    Not on SI based on that article, no. READ the article. It's a pretty normal viewpoint a normal non miami/lebron fan will have. Do people understand Lebron will not be rooted for as much as before? That's not bias, that's reality.