Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Default Re: Steve Nash was the WORST signing for the Lakers

He had a horrible game, there's no denying it. But the team just isn't that good. Every single one of their star players is (or was, at least) overrated.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
    Oh, and:
    You have taken the art of trolling and removed the elements of thought, intelligence, cleverness and wit.

To be a troll you actually need to get under people skins, not just be a waste of broadband data.

Please raise your game a bit.

Local High School Star

did they really think he has 3 years in him ?

I'd take that boy Steve Nash over almost anybody. He has high IQ, high basketball IQ, positive attitude, poise, skill etc etc ..... This guy really is special and I'm gonna miss the hell out of him when he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    You have taken the art of trolling and removed the elements of thought, intelligence, cleverness and wit.

To be a troll you actually need to get under people skins, not just be a waste of broadband data.

Please raise your game a bit.

High School Starter

The problem is Kobe.

Dwight sucks..cause people can't play with kobe.
    Nash sucks...he doesn't even RUN THE OFFENSE when he's the best at it. How is Nash averaging a career low in assists?

Kobe is trying to run the offense..but he sucks.

The only reason KOBE won 2 champsionships is because he got CARRIED by TWO of the best AND MOST UNDERRATED bigmen in Gasol and bynum.

It's sad how Kobe gets all the credit when basically GASOL was more important than kobe in both laker championships

Quote Originally Posted by VeeCee15
    The problem is Kobe.

Dwight sucks..cause people can't play with kobe.
    Nash sucks...he doesn't even RUN THE OFFENSE when he's the best at it. How is Nash averaging a career low in assists?

Kobe is trying to run the offense..but he sucks.

The only reason KOBE won 2 champsionships is because he got CARRIED by TWO of the best AND MOST UNDERRATED bigmen in Gasol and bynum.

It's sad how Kobe gets all the credit when basically GASOL was more important than kobe in both laker championships

You give Bynum way too much credit dude. Seriously

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    You give Bynum way too much credit dude. Seriously
    Literally all your posts range from butthurt to severe asshurt.

I feel bad for Kobe trying to guard two opponents at a time just to hide Nash horrible defense.. People should at least consider Kobe in DPOY voting and should give that award to him this year in honor for his yearly consistency in defense.. I know he's not the best perimeter defender right now but dude is anchoring the Lakers defense by himself with a little help from Dwight.. Among the superstars today, Kobe has the most burden in his back.. You dont expect a 34 years old, 17 years in the league to carry all his team burden.. If only we have a winning record, Kobe deserve to win the MVP more than anyone in the league..

Very good NBA starter

The more I see Dwight, The more I think he was better off doing a Derrick Rose. I looked at 2011 Dwight and 2012 Dwight and the one thing i noticed is explosion in defensive stance. He used to be able to shadow athletic slashers in the lane and alter their shot or intimidate them. No one is intimidated.

He's stiff. He's also not as strong as he was before. I felt like if LA were to beat Denver I would safely predict theyd be in the playoffs. they looked bad against Denver and they are better off shutting it down in the next few weeks.

It's not the Lakers fault that they signed Nash. They couldn't sign Paul, because Stern blocked it. Imagine.... CP3, Kobe, and Dwight all playing together.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    I seriously don't understand how this laker team is WORSE than last year. You would think Howard > Bynum and Nash > Blake. Pluse Kobe looks better this year.
    Just shows you how little the average fan on here knows basketball and how complicated the game of basketball can people. lol @ all these people thinking basketball is as cut and dry as acquiring good players like a fantasy basketball team.

Good High School Starter Nashty's Avatar

Yes, he had too much turnovers(season high btw), but he scored 16 points on 6-8 shooting. He's playing exactly how Lakers expected him to play, he doesn't run the offense like in Phoenix, he's spotting up more(beacuse Kobe needs the ball in his hands to be effective, seriously, guy will make a fadeaway over two players, but will miss an open three) and he's playing very good as a spot up shooter, and he can score and pass off the pick and roll if he's given the chance to run the pick and roll. He's been defensive liability for years now, did you except that to change now when he's 39 years old?

Everybody has a bad game, but Nash is averaging 13 points, 8 assists per 36 minutes as being the second ball handler, and he is having one more 50-40-90 season, I don't know what do you want more from a 39 year old guy who is coming off from a knee injury.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

You'll never get lakers_kobe_fan to blame kobe for anything. It's always someone else's fault.

Everyone has been hurt, with Dwight being lame, the chemistry has been off.

This is not D'Antoni's fault, but he is not doing nearly enough to make it better. Why have Steve Nash if he can't run the team? You have to let him push the ball. You don't have to be running, but he has to push the ball and people have to move. Kobe has got to consistently run the floor ON DEFENSE. Howard has to keep getting better.

If you're going to take the ball out of Nash's hand...then why is he on your team?