Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Default Re: Dan Gilbert's open letter to Cavs fans

that's less professional than the diehard cleveland fans' stuff that was posted here in the last few days.

whoever said the 5 shots of liquor thing is dead on. he must be an angry whiskey drinker. no professional in their right mind would send that sober. this is much worse than the kevin pritchard threat over darius miles a couple of years ago.

yeah, he has a right to express frustration and disappointment, but shit, he just goes on and on! i really wasn't expecting it to play up any angle of 'betrayal'.

Default Re: unbelievable letter from Dan Gilbert

WOW
    war of the big heads in the NBA

Saw a basketball once

dan just did something very very very stupid. does he realize the free agents he could attract to cleveland are lebron's peers. what do u think they will say after the whole league reads this?
    wow lets go play for this guy! really bad move on his part....makes clevelands supposed only real advantage(having a strong owner) now a reason not to sign. or at least give FA's more reason to second guess going to the cavs

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by sixer6ad
    WTF do you know? Your amateur, childish approach to the childish letter forgot to mention that LBJ would never sign long term - so no big time FA would ever commit to here. He handcuffed everyone in the organization by having the "Summer of 2010" out there like Armageddon, so Ferry had to sacrifice near future for immediate future. LBJ did as much creating of this situation as anyone involved.
    No big time free agent was going to sign to play in Cleveland, OH. Wasn't going to happen. No big time free agent was going to play 2nd fiddle to anyone outside of a washed-up Shaq.

Dan Gilbert failed at his job and now he's mad about it.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Gilbert just paid +15 million dollars in luxury tax money for the second straight year while LeBron quits on the team to go to a squad who's been dumping salary for three years.

F*ck outta here. There is no lines of professionalism here. LeBron quit and bailed on his team for no reason. SMFH at you b*tch-ass suckas acting like this dude didn't quit right in front of your eyes just to basically set this move up.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

It was betrayal. But LeBron is doing it the best way he can.

He isn't good enough to win as the only star on the team.

Very few player have. He chose to join forces to win.

Nothing wrong with that.

But I do think he should have called the Cavs owner, and let them know in a better way than this.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Why are people criticizing Gilbert for this? This is easily the most awesome thing I've read since Harry Potter.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    This is very bizarre.

As much as Gilbert and Cleveland are upset at the situation, Lebron is hardly the first free agent to leave a team.
    He is the first FA to handle things in such a public, callous way. Gilbert is obviously speaking openly when maybe the best thing would be to sleep on it and react in the morning, but he also speaks for a lot of people that are stunned by this 'decision.'

Make no mistake... LeBron 'went hard' on us before Gilbert fired back at him. This whole debacle which culminated in 'The Decision' was possibly the most pretentious, self-centered thing I have seen any sports figure do.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Hotshoot's Avatar

LMAO at Dan Gilbert when has he ever contacted a player before he trades them away but he is complaining about Lebron not doing the same, what goes around comes around.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Court Vision
    I hope LeBron drops 50 on his pathetic team and awful city.

LeBron made the best decision for HIM. Not his legacy, or bball fans, or Dan f*cking Gilbert.

The guy sounds like a whiny b*tch right now who just got dumped. This letter is the classic "you're gonna want me back when I'm rich" line that people say after a breakup.

Cleveland will win won before LeBron? LMAO with who? No one wants to play in that dead town.

Gilbert should be thanking James for the past seven years and all he has done for that team.

In 7 years, they could never put a good team around LeBron. Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison, a broken down Shaq...what a joke.
    You should like you like to suck NBA players dick.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    This is very bizarre.

As much as Gilbert and Cleveland are upset at the situation, Lebron is hardly the first free agent to leave a team. Lebron has to stay there his whole career because.....why?

I think he might regret that letter. Why isolate yourself from Lebron's eventual legacy? Ya know what I mean?

Seems unprofessional to me.

Yeah but the difference is, Bosh let Toronto know he is not coming back. Amar'e did not go on Larry King and say Phoenix has a good chance of retaining his services. LOL, and Boozer certainly did not bring his ego on national TV and dump Utah. And of course lets not forget Cleveland was his home. Its the way he did this to us. I am feeling Gilbert and so is Cleveland. What he has up his sleeve though, I have no idea.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101
    Why are people criticizing Gilbert for this? This is easily the most awesome thing I've read since Harry Potter.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Regardless of whether or not Lebron "betrayed" the city of Cleveland, this comes off as EXTREMELY petty and unbecoming of any adult, much less the owner of a franchise. I'd be shocked if it turns out to be legitimate. After all, NONE of the owners of NBA teams got as wealthy as they are without doing things FAR more questionable than signing with a different team. Fact.
    What do you expect when the guy stages a nationally televised event to dump on the city and organization. LeDiva did not have the courtesy to give the guy a personal phone call, refused to talk to him all week. As much as Gilbert has done for the franchise, he had to find out by watching it on TV like the Cleveland fans. LeDiva is CLASSLESS

Default Re: Scathing Letter from Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert

What can I even say about this?

No Gilbert, Cleveland will not win a ring before King James. In fact, you will probably have to watch Lebron win several championships starting next season. You sunk so much into Lebron but in the end you and your city failed him, and by doing so you have hurt Cleveland so much worse than any basketball team should ever be able to hurt a city.

Gilbert, it's not totally your fault, you tried really hard to do the right things to make Lebron happy and keep him in Cleveland forever, but you didn't do it right and you didn't try hard enough and now you are going to pay the price of watching your former King go win on a level that you could never quite reach in a city that doesn't love him half as much as yours ever did.

NBA rookie of the year

Anyone else think the "Decision" special on ESPN wasn't really LeBron's idea?

It seems like something his punk business managers (Mav Carter or whatever the f-ck his name is) pushed as a good idea.

Because he did not look comfortable or even all that happy to be doing that at all.

I think LeBron needs to cut that entourage off, he doesn't need them.