Thread: Teresa Edwards

Default Teresa Edwards

I was looking at USAB on nba.com and spotted this article.

Ten years later: Teresa Edwards
    By Brandon Penny, USOC

Most people do not know what it feels like to be a world-class athlete and make it to the Olympic Games.

"Just imagine when you’ve played and represented your country so many times. Understand the scale of things of that magnitude – just being at the top and being a part of something that is the best in the world,” said basketball legend Teresa Edwards.

“It’s something that becomes quite addicting to you. And the fact that my body didn’t quit on me and it constantly allowed me to perform at that level, I felt no reason to stop.”

And she did not stop. Edwards played through five consecutive Olympic Games, earning four gold medals and one bronze.

She is the only basketball player – male or female – with five medals, and the first female player to compete in five Games. She holds the record for being the youngest gold medalist in basketball history (1984, age 20), as well as the oldest (2000, age 36).

It is an unmatched career that all started in 1980 when University of Georgia head coach Andy Landers first saw Edwards play in her sophomore year of high school and could only find one word to describe her: "special.”

“She had two things, either one of which is outstanding for a young player to have,” Landers said. “She had a hunger about her and a drive to do well. The s

econd thing was she was competitive.”

It was clear she was good, in high school and in college, but no one, including Landers, could have guessed she would make the Olympic team at age 20.
    http://www.usabasketball.com/womens/...010_09_17.html

That is truly amazing man or woman....she's a true winner.

Saw a basketball once intertabakru's Avatar

Default online store tobacco products intertabak.ru

Hi !rnNews for smokers: )

Shop Online Tobacco -known British brand Richmond Tobacco Trading offers its products in retail at wholesale prices. Come and see it !rnElite Pipe and hookah tobacco and cigarettes, cigars and cigarillos at an incredibly low price from the manufacturer.rnFree delivery throughout Russia and gifts to each buyer !rnThe annual drawing of valuable prizes for all customers !In the next raffle prize i-pad2!rn***rnThe proposed prices will be beneficial even to wholesalers !

Default Re: Teresa Edwards

Thanks, Go-Getter. Teresa Edwards is a legend in the women's game. I mean plaing in five Olympics, winning Gold four times. I feel bad that a lot of young ladies and fellas did not get a chance to see her play in the states, until she was past her prime. Thankfully, hopefully there are youtube clips of Ms. Edwards in action. Those of us that saw her play in the 80s, we know. Great talent.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    Thanks, Go-Getter. Teresa Edwards is a legend in the women's game. I mean plaing in five Olympics, winning Gold four times. I feel bad that a lot of young ladies and fellas did not get a chance to see her play in the states, until she was past her prime. Thankfully, hopefully there are youtube clips of Ms. Edwards in action. Those of us that saw her play in the 80s, we know. Great talent.

She has great genetics...I mean from her physique to her longevity....you can't teach that.

Hfdfghhfdeeggg

Hfdfghhfdeeggg