Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: The Knicks are seriously the worst franchise ever.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    This is it right here. Dude has no problem spending money but does it in all the wrong ways. He's also impatient and shirt sighted. Instead of waiting to get Melo in the off season, he forced a trade during the season and mortgaged their future. Not smart.
    Did they have the capspace to sign Melo outright? I can

NBA lottery pick

It's scary now. Atleast back then they fed us a dream of 2010 and what their goals were. No there is no direction I have no idea where this team is going and nobody in management is saying anything. Should true to get some pieces and picks for melo. Then coulda traded chandler for some pieces next year. But now when melo leaves we're gonna have a core of Tim hardaway, bargnani, and Tyson chandler lol time to buy a lebron jersey....

Quote Originally Posted by Connor B
    Given how big the market is, how huge and loyal the fans seem to be, how iconic their arena is, how much history their supposedly is, and how many greats have come through...

They still haven't won since 1973.

Yeah the Bucks might technically suck more, or the Bobcats, take your pick, but those are small markets that we shouldn't expect to be great. the Knicks though? You would think NY would be like L.A. where you can never rule them out because the popularity and money is there. I can't possibly believe James Dolan is that bad of an owner or their GMs have been that poor. I know Isiah was shit and I know they've had some other bad people but at the end of the day how is it possible for a team to be so disappointing?

The Knicks are like a fat guy who goes to a super nice gym with state of the art equipment and after 40 years at the gym he is still fat. Its just proposterous. Yeah he may have had a few bad trainers and the owner might be crazy, but at the end of the day the gym is still way too nice for anyone to suck.
    You're not being fair to the team. They haven't been good since Riley and Van Gundy left other than a slight resurgence under Donnie Walsh.

I do not think it's fair to discredit the whole history of the franchise simply because of the level of mismanagement we're seeing now.

Whenever there has been a great basketball mind at the helm (and someone that can install discipline) the Knicks have been a very good team and great to watch for basketball purists. I loved those 90's Knicks teams. The problem is personnel, and the idea that success should be achieved right away. Dolan is too concerned with hot names, and competing with the Nets.

Option 1:
    They need to rebuild, and to start now. There are lottery teams that want to compete that would take Melo - but he won't go there. I think the real idea is to trade him to Houston. Next year Lin and Asik have massive expiring deals. I would send Chandler and Anthony for Asik and Lin. I would also want a first round pick and Donitas Motiejunas.

Why so little coming back? The Knicks need to be bad. I don't even know what picks they still own though, so this may be a bad idea.

Option 2:
    The other idea is to try again next year. How? Stoudemire, Anthony, Bargnani and Chandler will all be HUGE expiring deals. They could take Sanders and Mayo off the Bucks hands for Stoudemire, and look to grab Josh Smith for Bargnani or Chandler's expiring deal. Or look to get a guy like McGee and Lawson for expirings and picks. They need to trade any assets like Hardaway Jr. for defenders. Melo should have a team built around him like Iverson did in Philly. The Knicks need to do EVERYTHING they can to draft players like Patric Young and Aaron Craft. Guys that play hard nosed Knicks style D that will know their roles right away. They need to go after Jimmer as well. It helps to have a player on your team that people like. Maybe trade JR Smith for Biyombo as a project. Fire Woodsen. Offer JVG an offer he can't refuse (hire him as GM as well). Bring back Patrick Ewing as an assistant coach. Hire Shaka Smart as an assistant on a huge salary. Fire the GM, fire Allan Houston as well. Offer Kyle Lowry a salary starting at $10 million a year and work out a sign and trade with the Raptors. Sign Dimitris Diamantidis to the MLE

Ideally, the Knicks could [COLOR="White"]magnum[/COLOR] roll[COLOR="White"]e[/COLOR] out a whole new team:
    CT: Sanders/ Biyombo/ Young
    PF: Smith/ Ilyasova
    SF: Anthony/ Shumpert
    SG: Diamantidis/ Mayo
    PG: Lowry/ Craft/ Fredette

Defense, athleticism, shooting. That's a team that can cause match-up problems all over the floor

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

If you criticize the Knicks, the first thing they do is call you a hater. Is that a NYC thing?

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    Trying to threaten us

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    If you criticize the Knicks, the first thing they do is call you a hater. Is that a NYC thing?
    It Depends on how you word it. Most of the time I don't really care what people say good or bad.

They are not the worst Franchise Ever but Since Van Gundy left it's been on a down hill slope.

Like the other poster said before either blow it up or try again in 2015. Dolan needs to sell this team ASAP or get someone that can run it that has league wide respect. Dolan needs not to be involved at all.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Anfernee's Avatar

They really should have given Riley the power he wanted and not let him leave. Imagine if Riley had the power in NY that he has had in Miami all this time. The Knicks would probably have won 6 or 7 more titles by now.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anfernee
    They really should have given Riley the power he wanted and not let him leave. Imagine if Riley had the power in NY that he has had in Miami all this time. The Knicks would probably have won 6 or 7 more titles by now.
    most probably 4-5 rings by now. i really want knicks to start doing better because most of my friends are knicks fans plus the fact that i want to see some epic ECF and finals in MSG again.

Knicks are sort of like the Clippers only they are the only team in town.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks
    Then your just an idiot. They were an elite franchise in the 90s and had some brilliant Bernard King led teams in the mid 80's. It's all gone downhill since 2002, and whose the owner since then?
    Elite like the Jazz or Sonics were in the 90s. Brilliant like the Hawks in the 80s.

The Hawks and Bucks are much worse if we consider title droughts.

Clippers if were considering teams that didn't win a title and having horrible playoff records, despite how long they have been in the league.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    The Hawks and Bucks are much worse if we consider title droughts.

Clippers if were considering teams that didn't win a title and having horrible playoff records, despite how long they have been in the league.
    Atlanta and Milwaukee aren't places that superstars want to play. and the clippers are still relatively new (to LA) and have to go up against the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Atlanta and Milwaukee aren't places that superstars want to play.
    There's nothing to prove superstars want to go to New York either, outside of Amare who had 1 good season and then his knees gave out.

and the clippers are still relatively new (to LA) and have to go up against the Lakers.
    They've been in LA since the 84-85 season. 29 seasons is "relatively new" ? The fans of LA can switch or be a fan of both teams. I've seen clips of this. The Lakers weren't dominating the 90's when Magic and Worthy were gone and the Clippers didn't "take over".
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 02-27-2014 at 03:40 PM.