Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: TRADE CLOSE!: Suns may trade J-Rich, others to Magic for Vince Carter, others

Sources say Nash is "thrilled with the deal"

@chadfordinsider Nash thrilled with deal RT @SteveNash Everyone wish @jrich23 the best in Orlando. Great player and great teammate! He will be missed. Damn.

Default Re: TRADE CLOSE!: Suns may trade J-Rich, others to Magic for Vince Carter, others

Quote Originally Posted by Faberg
    I feel like this trade could go either way for Phoenix. Vince might have a reniassance in PHX, like a lot of vets have, and Gortat plays up to his potential becoming a good defensive/rebounding center and Nash makes him looks great on offense. OR VC continues to decline and Gortat looks like a stiff with true minutes.

I think Orlando knows what they're getting out of this deal.

Local High School Star Magic Vinsanity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Why do people keep bringing this up as if it's a positive thing?
    Because Turk didnt get worse since he left Orlando, he just got exposed. He should still play well in the Magic system.

ok my thoughts on this, hmmmm....

Vince and Rashard are both washed up. I hate to say it, I'm a huge fan of Vince and loved hearing he was coming to Orlando 2 years ago, but the guy has been a bust. He shows flashes of his former self here and there but in general, he just isnt the guy he was, and we shouldnt have expected him to be, it wasnt fair on him.

Rashard has never been the same since he was suspended for PED's. I'm not saying that has anything to do with it, but its a fact. I like Lewis though, I've enjoyed his time in Orlando, I wont miss his play this year or that massive contract though.

Pietrus. I LOVE this dude. Yes, he is a chucker, but once he gets hot, holy shit, he can burn you for 15 points in like 6-7 minutes! I'll miss him, although this year again, has to be his worst since being in a Magic uniform.

Gortat. Same thing, horrible year, but once he gets starters minutes he will either become the guy alot of people think he can be and the guy the Suns desperately need him to be, OR he'll be the overrated, foul prone guy that he was 90% of the time that he started when Howard was absent. I think Orlando will definitely miss him the most though, as a backup he was great, as a starter, I'm not convinced, yet. Good luck to him though.

Turk. If he can come in and do what he used to, I'm happy. I hated when he left and I'm glad he's back, if he has fallen off though, thats not good, at all, he'll be untradable with that deal.

Jason Richardson. Have no idea, havent paid attention to him, I've no idea what he brings, or what type of player he is, can anybody clue me in on his strengths and weaknesses? Same with Earl whoever.

Gilbert. The wildcard. If the guy's knee plays up and we have another Grant Hill on our hands, we're in the shit, no question about it. If he can come in, find his own shot, be an offensive spark and give up 20PPG, thats double what we are getting from Lewis, we need scorers.

Its all on paper right now so who knows what it will play out like, with team chemistry, injuries, stuff like that. We'll see, but Orlando were in a funk and sadly, as people have been saying, wherent contending this year so was it desperation? Maybe, but whats worse, desperation move that doesnt make you any worse, or standing still and just letting yourself lose games?

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Carter Nash should be fun to watch on the fast break.

ROSE > THAN YOU IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar

Magic are a better team after this deal. Vince/Lewis are done and Gortat is a backup C who plays 12 minutes a game. Who gives a shit/.

This is starting to look like a defensive disaster for Orlando... not that VC and Shard were good defenders but wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Faberg
    haha I love he completely ignores Turk. BURN!

Default Re: Report: Magic- Suns Trade Almost Done

Quote Originally Posted by 824
    Ewww

Why are they moving sideways
    This exactly. And that's all teams liike orlando, denver, new orleans, and cleveland ever do. All have a player that's capable of leading a team to a championship. And all these teams do is get has beens or solid role players. And the sad thing is that they have a blue print to follow. You must have two players capable of leading a team as the best player. Two players that are really good, and role players. They always det the role players and the really good players, but never get that number 2 guy that's capable of leading a team.

I really don't blame lebron for leaving or carmello for wanting to leave. And I wouldn't blame howard and paul if they did likwise.

Great trades for both teams. PHX really isn't anything anyway so they get bigger and get VC. The Magic really improve. Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    This exactly. And that's all teams liike orlando, denver, new orleans, and cleveland ever do. All have a player that's capable of leading a team to a championship. And all these teams do is get has beens or solid role players. And the sad thing is that they have a blue print to follow. You must have two players capable of leading a team as the best player. Two players that are really good, and role players. They always det the role players and the really good players, but never get that number 2 guy that's capable of leading a team.

I really don't blame lebron for leaving or carmello for wanting to leave. And I wouldn't blame howard and paul if they did likwise.
    Someone knows the Secret!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    SUNS
    Nash / Gragic
    Carter / Pietrus / Childress
    G.Hill / Warrick
    Frye / Dudley / Lawal
    Gortat / Lopez / Barron

Great deal for Orlando, though I don't think they really have improved enough to guarantee playoffs.
    SCREW GRANT HILL!!! That guy is terrible!!!

Pietrus has to start over that old man.

Nash
    Carter
    Pietrus
    Frye
    Lopez

You underrate Lopez. He just got back from injury. But Gortat will still get 20-25 min a game, maybe more if he is outperforming Lopez which he will on some nights.

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Like I said earlier, Orlando desperately needs a back up man. JJ Redick and Q Rich are now very available, I assume. Not too many bigs they can get. Closer to the deadline some new names will be available, but considering how many other teams also need big men, I can't think of a trade that would really net them a decent big.

Maybe if Sheed comes back from retirement, but that's a long shot. Is it time for an Antoine Walker? lol
    think Orlando would be interested in a something that involved JJ Redick for Taj Gibson as the key pieces to a trade?

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    SCREW GRANT HILL!!! That guy is terrible!!!

Pietrus has to start over that old man.

Nash
    Carter
    Pietrus
    Frye
    Lopez

You underrate Lopez. He just got back from injury. But Gortat will still get 20-25 min a game, maybe more if he is outperforming Lopez which he will on some nights.
    Dude that isn't cool don't disrespect Grant Hill. He plays very very well even at his advanced age. I agree they should start Pietrus though. I've always thought they needed a smart veteran leader to come off the bench for the Suns.

WTF? Why didnt they go for Carmelo? Dude would be great with Dwight..

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
    think Orlando would be interested in a something that involved JJ Redick for Taj Gibson as the key pieces to a trade?
    I hope so. I love Gibson, but JJ Redick on the bulls