Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: ESPN: NBA Players Performance Overseas Already Damaging NBA Brand

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Point that finger at yourself as well then. The MVP is based off of TEAM success as well....no MVP comes from a losing team.

Rose helped the Bulls...no, carried the Bulls at times to the best record in the NBA.

Wins>>>>>>Stats

All day...and that's in America, Europe, Uganda, Mexico, wherever.
    Do you have any logic at all?

The NBA regular season has no physical play, no defense, and zero intensity. NBA "stars" get help from the refs. Also, the rules are designed to help players like Rose.

Your coach is a one trick pony and is easily an overrated moron. All he does is have his team play hard, play with energy, and play defense during the regular season, where there is hardly any other team playing defense during the year.

He uses the crooked refs and slanted rules to allow Rose to get free trips to the free throw line all game long, as his "offense".

In the playoffs, even with those slanted rules (no hand check, no true zone, defensive 3 seconds violation) and refs that will give "star treatment" to Rose and award him free throws he does not deserve.....

even with that, your coach has no offense and now most of the teams are playing defense somewhat and playing hard somewhat.....your hustle advantage is gone.

Derrick Rose, even playing against no true zone defense, in a league with refs that baby him, and playing where there is no hand check allowed, AND you cannot stay in the lane for more than 2.9 seconds.........

even with ref help, could not do anything in the playoffs. Even though the NBA also does not allow a true zone defense, as you have to stay within an arm's length of the offensive player when you are on defense.

With all of this, just having to make perhaps 3 plays in an entire game based on his skill, for his team to win games, he could NOT do it.

He would be utterly awful in Euroleague.

Quote Originally Posted by Miserio
    Michael Jordan at 48 years old would dominate in europe.
    Yep. I am sure he could "dominate" in the second division of Switzerland.

So not ONE NBA player that has gone overseas has done well?

Does that have something to do with the fact that NBA stars don't go to Euroleague in their primes while their European/foreign counterparts come to the NBA in their prime?
    Oh yeah, Parker and Nowitzki sure came to the NBA "in their prime".

Default Re: ESPN: NBA Player's Performance Overseas Already Damaging NBA Brand

Being uninterested=being ignorant when it comes to foreign basketball?
    No. But not knowing anything about it and then making stupid and ridiculous claims about something you know nothing about is being both ignorant and arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Do you have any logic at all?

The NBA regular season has no physical play, no defense, and zero intensity. NBA "stars" get help from the refs. Also, the rules are designed to help players like Rose.

Your coach is a one trick pony and is easily an overrated moron. All he does is have his team play hard, play with energy, and play defense during the regular season, where there is hardly any other team playing defense during the year.

He uses the crooked refs and slanted rules to allow Rose to get free trips to the free throw line all game long, as his "offense".

In the playoffs, even with those slanted rules (no hand check, no true zone, defensive 3 seconds violation) and refs that will give "star treatment" to Rose and award him free throws he does not deserve.....

even with that, your coach has no offense and now most of the teams are playing defense somewhat and playing hard somewhat.....your hustle advantage is gone.

Derrick Rose, even playing against no true zone defense, in a league with refs that baby him, and playing where there is no hand check allowed, AND you cannot stay in the lane for more than 2.9 seconds.........

even with ref help, could not do anything in the playoffs. Even though the NBA also does not allow a true zone defense, as you have to stay within an arm's length of the offensive player when you are on defense.

With all of this, just having to make perhaps 3 plays in an entire game based on his skill, for his team to win games, he could NOT do it.

He would be utterly awful in Euroleague.
    1.) The NBA is physical and they play some d....evidenced by Team USA locking the best of Europe DOWN in the WC. Led the tourney in assists and steals.

2.) The Bulls offense IS stale, unimaginative, often unorganized, and sloppy (sometimes)...it happens when you have a new coach and 7 new players.

3.) Rose had a bad playoff series. No excuses. He did. But the things you're saying are crazy.

4.) Rose had little trouble playing in FIBA....a couple of off games but a few good ones as well.

5.) His FIBA numbers are okay. He did well against the Spanish zone you touted so much. He was the starting PG of the WC team. If you think the NBA and FIBA cheats for us then why even watch/waste your time on something invalid?

No. But not knowing anything about it and then making stupid and ridiculous claims about something you know nothing about is being both ignorant and arrogant.
    chains just said that dog fall back.

Oh yeah, Parker and Nowitzki sure came to the NBA "in their prime".

Parker and Nowitski came into the NBA BEFORE their primes and they were given a chance to grow and flourish in the NBA--something you say never happens because we are racists.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    I'm not so sure about that.
    I'm not saying he'd suck (don't think so), but I'd like to see how his game translates to the FIBA rules before giving him the "best PG" label. They were saying the same about Deron Williams and he's still adjusting.
    They also claimed Ty Lawson would be "the best PG in Europe".

Actually, they claimed Williams and Lawson would be "the GOAT in history of Europe".

They said the same exact things about Williams, that they are saying now about Rose. Even said the same about Lawson. Williams would "average 50-80 points a game in Euroleague with 20-40 assists a game", etc.

Well, he got so far 11/8 in the league that is two tiers below Euroleague. "Automatic GOAT in the history of Europe".

You can't just assume he'd get the same numbers as in the WC.
    Playing for an Euroleague team, he wouldn't have the same teammates, which could be good or bad, obviously (for his stats).

Actually, they claimed Williams and Lawson would be "the GOAT in history of Europe".

They said the same exact things about Williams, that they are saying now about Rose. Even said the same about Lawson. Williams would "average 50-80 points a game in Euroleague with 20-40 assists a game", etc.

Well, he got so far 11/8 in the league that is two tiers below Euroleague. "Automatic GOAT in the history of Europe".

Okay so are you going to stay butt hurt over the outrageous comments of a few people or can you be a man and get over it and take part in this discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Miserio
    I'm argentinian and I know a lot about Fiba basketball. My point is, the NBA is CLEARLY better so, you can't blame american people for not being interested in the euroleague. They aren't obligated to know about every league and they already have the best players in the world.
    You obviously don't know a damn thing about European basketball. Yet, you act like you are an expert on it.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    You can't just assume he'd get the same numbers as in the WC.
    Playing for an Euroleague team, he wouldn't have the same teammates, which could be good or bad, obviously (for his stats).

I'm only drawing upon his only FIBA experience. He did okay...struggled at times, and during other stretches looked pretty good.

It's hard playing PG on a team full of strangers with big egos.

Parker and Nowitski came into the NBA BEFORE their primes and they were given a chance to grow and flourish in the NBA--something you say never happens because we are racists.
    It's all about the situation.
    For example, Kwame Brown would have become a better player if he had not been in the Wizards (I do believe this).

You gotta learn to identify troll posts, you know,

I honestly believe these guys are playing to stay in shape and not giving 100% for fear of injury.

Add that to the language barrier, time adjustments, etc, etc it could take a season or so to get into the groove.

Of course I was using hyperbole to counteract Lakas'...who knows where Rose would rank...my real point is he'd be far from a buster.
    The only league in Europe that does not use English as a primary language is the Spanish League. Every other league is operated in ENGLISH. Besides that, the Spanish League has translators for Americans that need them.

So, if this is true, then EVERY European player that "played bad in NBA" did so because they were merely trying to avoid injury and were merely in USA as a holiday.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-15-2011 at 06:22 AM.