Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2128293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Real NBA Height

Cuba

Default Re: Real NBA Height

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    How tall was Danny Manning? To me 6`10

Here next to Charles Barkley. Manning is Clearly atleast 6 inches taller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8OfFDN7CnE

How tall is Grant Hill? To me 6`8

Here next to Charles Barkley. Hill is Clearly atleast 4 inches taller.

Grant is closer to the camera than Charles (Grant's right arm in front of Charles left), the picture is taken at an angle and pointing up. Using a picture like that isnt very accurate, especially when there's a picture in this thread that shows Charles is a minimum of 6"6 in shoes.

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    Grant is closer to the camera than Charles, the picture is taken at an angle.
    Agreed, that is why in the pic he even looks way more than 4 inches taller

National High School Star

Agreed, that is why in the pic he even looks way more than 4 inches taller
    More like 2

Quote Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
    More like 2

No way. 3 minimum.

Carmelo Anthony has grown so much since he was 19 yr old 6'6.5 kid he looked taller than Lebron in the olympics can somebody get a side by side Melo and Bron in the olympics

i say Lebron 6'8 w/o and Melo 6'8 .20 without just a hair taller because melo really did looked taller than LBJ in the olympics did anybody else notice that

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    Carmelo Anthony has grown so much since he was 19 yr old 6'6.5 kid he looked taller than Lebron in the olympics can somebody get a side by side Melo and Bron in the olympics

i say Lebron 6'8 w/o and Melo 6'8 .20 without just a hair taller because melo really did looked taller than LBJ in the olympics did anybody else notice that
    You are the only one that noticed that because your'e a drug addict. LeBron is always taller than Melo Anthony.

NBA rookie of the year

First of all Barkley is 6'5 3/4" tall barefoot and second of all Lebron is taller than Carmelo. The latter is common knowledge.

Here are some interesting pictures for comparison from Media Day

Andrew Bynum's 7'1" claim looks legit near 7'0.5" Pau Gasol.

7'1" Shaq dwarfs 6'10" listed Amare

Amare is no more than the 6'9.25" Phoenix claimed they measured him in '03. He may have not even grown past his 6'8.5" pre-draft height. No point estimating Nash as we know he's 6'1" and he's much closer to the camera.

Some interesting pictures of Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon who were both listed at 7 feet.

The 6'10" figure thrown around for Hakeem is probably correct but Ewing's claim of 6'9" for himself is obviously BS. If you don't know what claim I'm referring to here it is.

MUTOMBO: [Sipping a virgin strawberry daiquiri] I like your restaurant, Yao. It's made for 7-footers and guys like Patrick Ewing, who is really 6'9". [Ewing has always been listed as 7 feet.]

EWING: Hey, I may be 6'9", but I'm a bad 6'9". And what about you? When I first met you, you told me you were from Zaire.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...st_person0314/

In conclusion...

Andrew Bynum is 7'1"
    Pau Gasol is 7'0 1/2"
    Kobe Bryant is 6'4 3/4"
    Shaquille O'Neal is 7'1"
    Amare Stoudemire is 6'8 1/2" or 6'9 1/4"
    Steve Nash is 6'1"
    Hakeem Olajuwon is 6'10"
    Patrick Ewing is probably 6'11" and change

Sir Charles also still can't over the fact that Charles Barkley is almost 6'6".

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    In conclusion...

Andrew Bynum is 7'1"
    Pau Gasol is 7'0 1/2"
    Kobe Bryant is 6'4 3/4"
    Shaquille O'Neal is 7'1"
    Amare Stoudemire is 6'8 1/2" or 6'9 1/4"
    Steve Nash is 6'1"
    Hakeem Olajuwon is 6'10"
    Patrick Ewing is probably 6'11" and change

When my dad met Ewing around '92, he said he seemed 6'10".

I regards to that Shaq/Amare pic,remember that Shaq is 7'2 in shoes. It would be reasonable to estimate that the difference between Shaq and Amare in that pic is about 4 inches, putting Amare at about 6'10 in shoes, about 6'9 w/o.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate
    When my dad met Ewing around '92, he said he seemed 6'10".
    Yeah but how tall is your dad? You also must remember that Ewing slouches. Hakeem probably isn't under 6'10" so Ewing has to be atleast around 6'11".

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.
    I regards to that Shaq/Amare pic,remember that Shaq is 7'2 in shoes. It would be reasonable to estimate that the difference between Shaq and Amare in that pic is about 4 inches, putting Amare at about 6'10 in shoes, about 6'9 w/o.
    I'm not ruling out Amare being 6'9" legit but the difference looks to be more than 4 inches. I've heard Shaq is closer to 7'3" in shoes though. That'd explain it.

Yeah but how tall is your dad?

6'4".

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    Grant is closer to the camera than Charles (Grant's right arm in front of Charles left), the picture is taken at an angle and pointing up. Using a picture like that isnt very accurate, especially when there's a picture in this thread that shows Charles is a minimum of 6"6 in shoes.

Sorry Man but How tall Do You Think Danny Manning was ?

To me 6`10...Some Stupidly say 6`9 (so that would make Charles 6`3)

Here in this Video You See Him next to Charles Barkley and....

Manning is Clearly atleast 6 inches taller. Check The Video and See For Yourself

Barkley aint Close to 6`6 he is slightly under 6`5 as he has been measured such as the Barcelona Olympics: 1.95 mt (6`5 = 1.9558)

Sorry Man but How tall Do You Think Danny Manning was ?

To me 6`10...Some Stupidly say 6`9 (so that would make Charles 6`3)

Here in this Video You See Him next to Charles Barkley and....

Manning is Clearly atleast 6 inches taller. Check The Video and See For Yourself

Barkley aint Close to 6`6 he is slightly under 6`5 as he has been measured such as the Barcelona Olympics: 1.95 mt (6`5 = 1.9558)

The Olympics generally knock off 1.25" off of everyone. Scottie Pippen was listed at 6'5.75".

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate
    6'4".
    Well that's tall enough to get a pretty good estimate but 6-7 inches would still be difficult to tell. I'm 5'7" and if you asked me to judge if a guy was 6'1" or 6'2" I might have trouble deciding. Plus as I mentioned Ewing slouches. IMO 6'11" or 6'11.5" is a perfectly reasonable estimate for Ewing judging by how much taller he is than 6'10" Hakeem and 6'9.5" Alonzo Mourning. He did oddly look 6'9ish next to Shaq and 6'10ish next to Mutombo though.

By the way considering I've always believed Jermaine O'Neal's 6-11 listing(thanks to that massive forehead) I believe Chris Bosh's 6-11 claim as well.

They look the same height. Bosh claimed 6-11 back when he was on the Tongight Show with Jay Leno covering the Finals.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_MO_FYEf6M

The 6'11" claim is at 1:20. He was measured 6-10.25 without shoes at 18 or 19 so it's not unreasonable to think he grew that extra 0.75 of an inch.

By the way this shows why I find NBA listings so funny. Kevin Durant is listed at 6-9 and Beasley at 6-10.

Durant was measured at 6-9 legit but Beasley at 6-7, it's not surprising judging by that picture.

Edit: Sir Charles take a look at my post from August 1st, 2008 on page 30. It destroys your crappy estimate of Barkley's height. Barkley was 6'5 3/4" barefoot and 6'7" in shoes, don't believe me? Check his mugshot or the barefoot pictures next to Kenny Smith. You can also see he was barely shorter than 6'7" Magic Johnson or Dominique and as tall or taller than 6'5 1/2" Dr. J!
    Last edited by VCMVP1551; 09-30-2008 at 02:18 AM.

Well that's tall enough to get a pretty good estimate but 6-7 inches would still be difficult to tell. I'm 5'7" and if you asked me to judge if a guy was 6'1" or 6'2" I might have trouble deciding. Plus as I mentioned Ewing slouches. IMO 6'11" or 6'11.5" is a perfectly reasonable estimate for Ewing judging by how much taller he is than 6'10" Hakeem and 6'9.5" Alonzo Mourning. He did oddly look 6'9ish next to Shaq and 6'10ish next to Mutombo though.

Ewing probably was slouching when my dad met him, so 6'11" is probably right. My dad is generally good with guessing heights. He said Jordan was 6'5", Rodman 6'6", and Pippen 6'7".