Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

It is not fair to drag Randy Moss into this. Moss may have falked up a few times, but IMO Randy comes across as a good teammate and guy with his heart in the right place at the end of the day. TO reminds me of Tyrese from 'The Mad Real World'

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    It is not fair to drag Randy Moss into this. Moss may have falked up a few times, but IMO Randy comes across as a good teammate and guy with his heart in the right place at the end of the day. TO reminds me of Tyrese from 'The Mad Real World'
    So are you denying that the Media also likes to portray Moss as a bad guy every chance they can?

Go look at a Randy Moss interview from 5 years ago. They ask a question and he answers without thinking/filtering his thoughts.

Check out his interviews now. He's obviously planning his thoughts out before speaking.

Its sad that a grown man has to edit his thoughts but it is what it is.

Randy understands what Terrell seems to not know or not want to accept: the media's perception is the public's reality.

NBA Superstar

Not denying anything, I just think TO is one hundred times worse a teammate and more a 'badguy' than Randy ever could be.

The meida will bash any flashy black man with unlimited potential at every turn. That is because the media is made up of angry white guys who were nerds growing up.

Local High School Star Joey Zaza's Avatar

The question is, where to draft TO.

Playing, TO is a 1st round pick. You should not draft him in the 1st rouind now - but how long can you wait.

3rd round? Will he be gone by then?

Intelligent fan

We should do a second fantasy league for ISH.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
    The question is, where to draft TO.

Playing, TO is a 1st round pick. You should not draft him in the 1st rouind now - but how long can you wait.

3rd round? Will he be gone by then?
    He'll still put up good fantasy numbers. He's more like a timebomb than just a flat-out unreliable guy in that incident after incident will pile up and that will likely lead to the end in Dallas, but not before he gives them some big games. Expect the end to come in December, not September.

Not denying anything, I just think TO is one hundred times worse a teammate and more a 'badguy' than Randy ever could be.

The meida will bash any flashy black man with unlimited potential at every turn. That is because the media is made up of angry white guys who were nerds growing up.
    In your opinion he's a worse teammate yet in the Philly locker room you had at least half the team on TO's side. So what does that mean?

Terrell's not a bad guy. He had a rough childhood and he's ultra-sensitive but not a bad guy. He also speaks his mind freely and tries to hide his sensitive by putting out a I don't care attitude.

Some people recognize it for what it is. Others think he's arrogant. Some feels he shouldn't say certain things while others feel a grown man in America can say whatever he wants.

TO is guy you either really like or really dislike. He's still a great WR so Dallas fans will be glad he's on the time come playoff time while Eagles fans will want to kill Donovan McNabb when the Birds miss the playoffs.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I'm not sold on Philly being bad. They made the NFC Championship game 4 straight years with McNabb healthy and the Superbowl run was also made without TO. In the end, what did Owens do for the Eagles? He had a spectacular individual year but lead them to 0 playoff wins and they make the postseason in the SB year with or without him. And if he doesn't start to fall in line like a good soldier he won't be helping Dallas much either because I guarantee you that Bill Parcells is not going to put up with his primadonna bull**** all season. That's one coach that isn't having it. That's why he got fined. So the question is, "can Owens change?" So far the answer is no.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    In your opinion he's a worse teammate yet in the Philly locker room you had at least half the team on TO's side. So what does that mean?
    This is dumb...who divided the locker room? It sure wasn't Donovan. Once you start bickering and guys pick sides it aint gonna be 100% to 0% ever. Some Cowboys will side with him over Parcells too, but the bottom line is he will divide his team once again due to his selfishness.

Terrell's not a bad guy. He had a rough childhood and he's ultra-sensitive but not a bad guy. He also speaks his mind freely and tries to hide his sensitive by putting out a I don't care attitude.
    Pathetic...

You are a TO apologist, he's falkin 32 years old, do you honestly belive that 'rough childhood' bullshyt, I guess we should coddle him and let him behave above the team because of past hardships lol. That aint how it works, the guy is a falkin millionnaire quit feeling sorry for his fur coat wearing as$.

Some people recognize it for what it is. Others think he's arrogant. Some feels he shouldn't say certain things while others feel a grown man in America can say whatever he wants..
    A grown man can say whatever he wants, but he has to answer to his own stupidity, especially when it specifically hampers the aspirations of others.

TO is guy you either really like or really dislike. He's still a great WR so Dallas fans will be glad he's on the time come playoff time while Eagles fans will want to kill Donovan McNabb when the Birds miss the playoffs.
    That is wishful thinking...time for reality...he has made a stable on the rise team in Dallas the focus for all the wrong reasons. TO leaves a mess everywhere he goes, I will agree with you about Philly, TO is like football version of Katrina, he goes in wreaks havoc with his shyt storm and leaves town while the others shake their heads and pick up the pieces.

No doubt he has talent, lets see him play a full season, not just show off his abs and do push up for the media

I'm not sold on Philly being bad. They made the NFC Championship game 4 straight years with McNabb healthy and the Superbowl run was also made without TO. In the end, what did Owens do for the Eagles? He had a spectacular individual year but lead them to 0 playoff wins and they make the postseason in the SB year with or without him.
    the only problem with us (the eagles) is that our division was a doormat for those years we rolled to the NFC title games. Me personally, I chalked up the wins before those seasons even started...6 wins right off the jump...thats half-way to home field through-out the playoffs right there...Now the division is very tough and we are gonna have to duke it out in the division just like the other teams...I think we are as good right now as those teams that got to the NFC title games...but we'll see if we can get there again..it wont be as easy as it was...

And if he doesn't start to fall in line like a good soldier he won't be helping Dallas much either because I guarantee you that Bill Parcells is not going to put up with his primadonna bull**** all season. That's one coach that isn't having it. That's why he got fined. So the question is, "can Owens change?" So far the answer is no.
    right...TO may just be the key to the division...If he gets himself together, he could help Dallas get to the super bowl, or he could keep the turmoil going and help some other team get there...Redskins look to be tough this year...Giants look to be good also..it'll be fun to watch

This is dumb...who divided the locker room? It sure wasn't Donovan. Once you start bickering and guys pick sides it aint gonna be 100% to 0% ever. Some Cowboys will side with him over Parcells too, but the bottom line is he will divide his team once again due to his selfishness.
    Media perception divided the locker room. Did Owens every have a public problem with anyone besides McNabb and the front office? Did Owens ever dog it in games or practice?

Pathetic...

You are a TO apologist, he's falkin 32 years old, do you honestly belive that 'rough childhood' bullshyt, I guess we should coddle him and let him behave above the team because of past hardships lol. That aint how it works, the guy is a falkin millionnaire quit feeling sorry for his fur coat wearing as$.
    I'm not an apologist nor do I feel sorry for him. I'm simply acknowledging and explaining why his "I Don't Care" attitude is a front to cover his sensitivty. He's like Shaq O'Neal pretends he doesn't care when he really does.

A grown man can say whatever he wants, but he has to answer to his own stupidity, especially when it specifically hampers the aspirations of others.
    Hampers the aspirations of others? :confused:

That is wishful thinking...time for reality...he has made a stable on the rise team in Dallas the focus for all the wrong reasons. TO leaves a mess everywhere he goes, I will agree with you about Philly, TO is like football version of Katrina, he goes in wreaks havoc with his shyt storm and leaves town while the others shake their heads and pick up the pieces.

No doubt he has talent, lets see him play a full season, not just show off his abs and do push up for the media
    So now Philly's current mess is Owens fault? So you ignore the fact that they were 4-3 w/ Owens but 2-7 w/o him? The problems in currently in Philly aren't about Owens. Its about a team for years got fat playing in a division with three rebuilding teams. People act like they forgot about the years where it was referred to as the NFL LEast. Now that the teams in the division are back to being good the Eagles have been exposed.

NBA Superstar

Media perception divided the locker room. Did Owens every have a public problem with anyone besides McNabb and the front office? Did Owens ever dog it in games or practice?
    No, I think he was cool with one of the trainers, so I guess he didn't have a problem with everyone.
    I'm not an apologist nor do I feel sorry for him. I'm simply acknowledging and explaining why his "I Don't Care" attitude is a front to cover his sensitivty. He's like Shaq O'Neal pretends he doesn't care when he really does.
    You keep comparing him to Shaq...that is just wrong...sensitive? yeah man he's falkin Ralph Tresvant.

Hampers the aspirations of others? :confused:
    His coaches (Parcells), his QBs (Garcia, McNabb, Bledsoe?, Romo?), his teammates who want to use some of his potential for the greater good (wins, team play), that TO refuses to buy into without his 'me first' attitude.

So now Philly's current mess is Owens fault? So you ignore the fact that they were 4-3 w/ Owens but 2-7 w/o him?
    Same way you forget they played in a few NFC title games and got to the Super Bowl without him.

Everyone else is wrong, you are right, you know TO, you understand his struggle, nobody gets him, its McNabb, Garcia, Reid, Mariucci, the Ravens....well damn its got to someone elses fault, they jsut got it in for TO...nobody understands his rough upbringing, because he along with Raja Bell just needed a little more hugging.

spare me your BS...

TO is a jerkoff who is pi$$ing away an opportunity to be the GOAT because in the ultimate team sport (Football) he cant buy into the basic concept of team before individual.

So now Philly's current mess is Owens fault? So you ignore the fact that they were 4-3 w/ Owens but 2-7 w/o him? The problems in currently in Philly aren't about Owens. Its about a team for years got fat playing in a division with three rebuilding teams. People act like they forgot about the years where it was referred to as the NFL LEast. Now that the teams in the division are back to being good the Eagles have been exposed
    last season the Eagles problems were TO and injuries..the team really wasnt prepared for the distraction that Terrell became.. the Eagles front office and Andy Reid had calculated that if TO ever became a problem, they'd have the players in the locker room unanimously clamoring to get him outta there...But that didnt happen. TO used Mcnabb's contract and ongoing issue of other players not being able to get 'McNabb' money as the wedge that divided the locker room...Its one of the reasons Trotter empathized with TO (as well as other players)...TO ran his yapper to the point that nobody could or would dare bother to defend his actions...McNabb (IMO) took the wrong course of action by not standing up to TO and laying down the law about whose team this is....It probably wouldnt have swayed Owens to act different, but there were 52 other players watching, and leaders need to remember their audience at all times...If McNabb would claimed top dog status, the rest of the team prolly would have sided with him also....

As it stands now, McNabb looks like he is getting back to his old form, the team wants to get behind him and they are getting back to the atmosphere that existed before TO.....

But like I said earlier, its a different division so there wont be any cake walks or games that we can scratch off as wins like there was from 2001 to 2004....

I personally think the Eagles can get back to the super bowl this year...the defense has been very impressive and McNabb looks like he is gaining his confidence back....We still have to monitor the injuries, but the division and the NFC is there for the taking and the eagles as good a shot as anybody...

just wont be as easy

What divided the team against McNabb was that a few months after saying he didn't want to be involved in Owens contract issues he gave the thumbs up on Brian Westbrook's new deal.

His coaches (Parcells), his QBs (Garcia, McNabb, Bledsoe?, Romo?), his teammates who want to use some of his potential for the greater good (wins, team play), that TO refuses to buy into without his 'me first' attitude.
    You are equating resting a strained hammie with not being a team player. The guy plays and practices hard when he's healthy. He's not yet healthy. When he is healthy he will play and play well.

Rasheed I think the Eagles will be bottom of the division again this year. I see them as a 8-8 team at best. What's the general feeling about McNabb in Philly? If the team fails but the Cowboys go far does it look like people will call for McNabb's dome on a platter?

NBA Superstar

You are equating resting a strained hammie with not being a team player. The guy plays and practices hard when he's healthy. He's not yet healthy. When he is healthy he will play and play well.
    Yeah whatever dude. I've got $9500 that says what you are saying isn't exactly accurate.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2562846