Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    I rule the local playground

i wonder how many users on this board have, at one point, been regular users of Yahoo! Launch..

Quote Originally Posted by asd
    i don't know if you remember what you wrote prior to that, but you attempted to discredit youtube's success by mentioning its spending of venture capital in a weak attempt to prove broadcast's success...
    Not at all. Again, please do not distort my arguments. You've already done so once, saying that I support Cuban for commisioner. The point I made was that while youtube was successful in attracting users and has indeed taken over the marketshare for online video, they had no business plan other than to be bought. I didn't add this in my initial post, but by 1999, broadcast.com was bringing in close to 100 million annually. Cuban obviously had a business plan. My point is that in the end, Cuban did better than those who developed youtube even though their express purpose was to be bought and his wasn't... there is no reason for him to be envious... he has his money and he didn't spend nearly as much as youtube in venture capital... In fact, he made money before his company was bought.

Stern is a racist little clown. Thinks he is George Bush Jr. of the NBA.

myopic? after comparing the number users and estimating the amount of time that it took yahoo to make the $5 Bil back, just to get back to neutral, the product fell short...

what else is there to review?
    Not really... When you've broken even, have made money, are still making money, and will continue to make money based on an investment a number of years ago, that's success. Perhaps you expected Yahoo to dominate online video, but they were dominant long enough and are still profiting on their investment...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Not at all. Again, please do not distort my arguments. You've already done so once, saying that I support Cuban for commisioner. The point I made was that while youtube was successful in attracting users and has indeed taken over the marketshare for online video, they had no business plan other than to be bought. I didn't add this in my initial post, but by 1999, broadcast.com was bringing in close to 100 million annually. Cuban obviously had a business plan. My point is that in the end, Cuban did better than those who developed youtube even though their express purpose was to be bought and his wasn't... there is no reason for him to be envious... he has his money and he didn't spend nearly as much as youtube in venture capital... In fact, he made money before his company was bought.
    you must be tired. go to sleep. i never said that cuban didn't rake in money. cuban made the majority of his money by selling a product that turned out to be a bust. it's simple as that. the reason why we've been arguing all this while.

before the sale, cuban was making millions. after the sale, he made billions. big difference.

It wasn't a fair exchange. $5Bil. for a bust. Cuban got lucky, and Yahoo got the short end of the stick.

If you want to make up some numbers on how Yahoo made great profits through Broadcast, because that's what you'd have to do to disprove me, go ahead.

Not really... When you've broken even, have made money, are still making money, and will continue to make money based on an investment a number of years ago, that's success. Perhaps you expected Yahoo to dominate online video, but they were dominant long enough and are still profiting on their investment...
    still profiting? haha...that's a good one...you must not be aware of the current state of the online, video market...google video and youtube are the major players...other video sites are also coming out, copying youtube...and you think that there's room for profit for yahoo...as if there ever was profit after the $5Bil cost that they had to overcome...your argument has just turned towards the direction of the inane

Last edited by asd; 11-02-2006 at 04:05 AM.

i'm calling it a night..thanks for ending it with a laugh.

still profiting? haha...that's a good one...you must not be aware of the current state of the online, video market...google video and youtube are the major players...other video sites are also coming out, copying youtube...and you think that there's room for profit for yahoo...as if there ever was profit after the $5Bil cost that they had to overcome...your argument has just turned towards the direction of the inane

I get the feeling you haven't checked out launch in a while, so I'll let you do a little homework and figure out how Yahoo is still drawing a profit from Launch... It's pretty easy to deduce... Hopefully you're smart enough to figure it out... If not, I've wasted my evening just talking to you... you wouldn't have understood anything...

I get the feeling you haven't checked out launch in a while, so I'll let you do a little homework and figure out how Yahoo is still drawing a profit from Launch... It's pretty easy to deduce... Hopefully you're smart enough to figure it out... If not, I've wasted my evening just talking to you... you wouldn't have understood anything...
    Online Video Market
    YouTube www.youtube.com 42.86% ($1.65 Billiion)
    MySpace Videos 27.36%
    Yahoo! Video Search 7.22% ($5.7 Billion)

there it is according to hitwise.com...look at the utter domination by youtube compared to Yahoo...like you said, launch must be reeling in those huge profits

Not airballing my layups anymore KingofKings718's Avatar

D. Stern is that dude, but he seriously need to fall back and go to a barmitzvah or something. Classic Red Auerbach though LOL. R.I.P.

Internet Deals of the Damned

Broadcast.com: Yahoo bought the company for $5.7 billion as a way to marry TV and the Internet in 1999. It eventually happened, but in 2005, not in 1999 when Yahoo bought the company. The assets were never fully exploited by Yahoo, but it turned Mark Cuban, a PC reseller from Indiana, into a billionaire celebrity.

http://news.com.com/Internet+deals+o...3-6124131.html

why don't you do us a favor and stop talking out of your ass...
    it's starting to smell in here...

good points Kblaze, Max, Ced

Stern needs his ass kicked if he was seriously considering raising the goal...

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Stern needs his ass kicked if he was seriously considering raising the goal...
    you sound like a fan of the wwf who is hating on vince mcmahon. stern has been doing a good job of promoting himself and marketing his own character to the fans. i mean, he's not even a player, but everyone knows about him and can recognize him in a crowd.
    that's awesome.
    Last edited by asd; 11-02-2006 at 01:48 PM.

Internet Deals of the Damned

Broadcast.com: Yahoo bought the company for $5.7 billion as a way to marry TV and the Internet in 1999. It eventually happened, but in 2005, not in 1999 when Yahoo bought the company. The assets were never fully exploited by Yahoo, but it turned Mark Cuban, a PC reseller from Indiana, into a billionaire celebrity.

http://news.com.com/Internet+deals+o...3-6124131.html

why don't you do us a favor and stop talking out of your ass...
    it's starting to smell in here...
    no meritless reply this time, ay, maxfly?

Very good NBA starter

i would endorse the idea of raising the rim in the nba.