Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Deron Williams plays first game that matters for his Turkish team

15pts (3/15) ?

Euroleague :1
    ISH:0

Does he look healthy? He mentioned offhand his wrist is still not 100% and he should be resting (which makes playing in Turkey just super logical).

Jan95
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

This game had nothing to do with Euroleague.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Does he look healthy? He mentioned offhand his wrist is still not 100% and he should be resting (which makes playing in Turkey just super logical).
    Based on his horrible play, he better hope he is not healthy.

35 Minutes

3-15 (20%) Field Goals
    1-7 (14.3%) 3 Point Field Goals
    8-8 (100%) Free Throws

15 Points
    9 Assists
    2 Rebounds

3 Steals
    0 Blocks

4 Fouls
    2 Turnovers

Box Score:

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...4.teamID_.html

Default Re: Ironic fact from Deron Williams' game yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Deron Williams = potential Euroleague MVP?
    I believe he would actually have to play in the Euroleague (which he does not) to win that league's MVP award.

He would be going for the MVP award of the Eurocup.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-29-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Yep, looks like there's no limit in Belgium (and a few other countries) but there's a lot of ways of getting around it.

Erwin Dudley on D-Will's team has Turkish citizenship and goes by "Ersan Dagli" , so it helps get around the limit of non-EU/American players

Or take the team Gran Canaria in Spain, there's a limit of 2 or 3 non-EU players in Spain but they've got 5 Americans with other citizenships

Laurence Ekperigin (UK)
    Spencer Nelson (Azerbaijan)
    Taurean Green (Georgia)
    Marquez Haynes (Georgia)
    Michael Bramos (Greece)
    I believe you can have something like 6 foreign players in Spain. You don't really have to worry about dual citizenship when you can have something like 6 foreign players on the roster.

And Bramos has Greek citizenship rights from the time he was born. Just like Americans are Americans from birth no matter where they are born on the planet, Greece has the same laws for Greeks.

You cannot even play for the Greek national team unless you have Greek family. That's why Batiste was never allowed to play for the Greek national team despite wanting to and having Greek citizenship eligibility.

So there is nothing shady or wrong at all about Bramos counting as a Greek on their roster.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-29-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Once again... he isn't playing Euroleague games, his team didn't qualify.
    We have already explained this to the NBA fans here about 50 times. They don't seem to be listening. I will try to explain once more.

Deron Williams plays in Turkish League (national domestic competition) and Eurocup (European-wide competition). He does NOT play in the Euroleague.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-29-2011 at 07:45 PM.

raep tiem

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    We have already explained this to the NBA fans here about 50 times. They don't seem to be listening. I will try to explain once more.

Deron Williams plays in Turkish League (national domestic competition) and Eurocup (European-wide competition). He does NOT play in the Euroleague.
    How do you think he'd do in the Euroleague?

Banned

D-Will is the kind of PG that would do well in any kind of league, dude has hops, handles, quickness and great court vision. Also he's a good man and help defender.

Quote Originally Posted by b1imtf
    How do you think he'd do in the Euroleague?
    To me it would definitely depend on what team he played on. If he played in an average or bad team I am sure he would eventually put up some good numbers, although I don't think his team would go beyond top 16 in such a scenario.

If he played in a a really big club, I don't think he would be that much of an impact player to be honest. Not in his first year. But he would probably have a chance to compete for the final four then.

He probably doesn't work out much that would explain why he's out of shape.

Last I heard he said the wrist was fine after he landed on it.
    Why would he need rest for a wrist injury if it's healed? It's not a back or leg injury.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I don't think he ever recovered from this...sad