Page 142 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4292132139140141142143144145152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2487

Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

+ Nick Young had his best season probably this year. It's all downhill from here as we get to the other side of 32. There is no further upside to him but there is for KCP. Also, Nick Young seems to have an odd personality - he has questionable effort too often. I have seen him get lazy and sometimes not give his 100% on plays.

I believe it was time for change. We need hustle, energy and more versatility. Also, KCP can guard the opposing pointguards like Westbrook, Curry, etc and Lonzo, who is slower and not athletic, to be put on 2-guards.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    KCP is a lock down defender. Very under rated at that. He will play defense on the best guard from the other team which will keep Lonzo and Clarkson from getting burned.
    I sure hope and pray you are right about him being a "lock down defender". Bec Im not sure he is a very good 3pt shooter (career ave of 33.3% from3pt are)a.
    It seems like at least half of Lonzo's passes are going to open 3pt shooters, it'll be useless if guys who struggle taking those shots are on the court, guys like Brewer who shot under 23% last year and Clarkson who regressed and shot under 33% last season.
    Also, most teams now use a ton of pick and rolls where top defenders now are being forced to switch because of screens.

NBA lottery pick

He will certainly guard the opposing team's best wing player.

Whats up fellow Laker fans.

Looking forward to this year (haven't said that in a while).
    Hope all is well with you guys!

Go Lakes!

Home of the 16

Same here, bro. Same here.

Can't wait to watch Kuz & Lonzo.

OT: How about that Game of Thrones episode last week though?

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I'm ready for the NBA season too! We need to get the real sports back in season (NFL and NBA lol).

NBA lottery pick

Shabazz Muhammad might sign for the minimum. I like him coming off the bench. http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-r...-a/2017/08/31/

Shabazz Muhammad might sign for the minimum. I like him coming off the bench. http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-r...-a/2017/08/31/
    He definitely have talent but it worries me that 29 other teams have chosen not to sign him. Didn't exactly made a huge impact at UCLA, broke rules when he was a rookie etc.

NBA lottery pick

I think 29 teams didn't sign him because of the asking price. The Lakers would get him at a bargain. That's the difference. I'm all for getting guys on a discount for a year so they can try for a bigger pay day next off season.

I think 29 teams didn't sign him because of the asking price. The Lakers would get him at a bargain. That's the difference. I'm all for getting guys on a discount for a year so they can try for a bigger pay day next off season.
    Yes, I'm aware that the Lakers do NOT have any incentive of having a bad record this season but I was hoping that the real improvement will be because of the current Lakers esp Brandon Ingram who has tweaked his shot.
    Kuzma's accuracy from the Vegas tourney shows a lot of promise. If Nance Jr and Randle truly improve on their shooting while Brook maintains his good clip, I think the Lakers will do well. Having another SF might pose a logjam with that position esp if Kyle proves to be a great rookie. Yes he can play the 4 in certain situations but I just don't see both Jr and Randle being BOTH a bust for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Same here, bro. Same here.

Can't wait to watch Kuz & Lonzo.

OT: How about that Game of Thrones episode last week though?
    Man we got to wait for 2 more years for the next season!!!!

Preseason begins Saturday vs twolves!!! I'm so excited for this season as I'm sure you all must be too =]

After last 4 years of disappointing basketball (saw some glimpses of excellence last year but still disappointing basketball overall), I believe it's time for the excitement to return. I know we are not a playoff team yet and still 1 piece away from becoming a playoff team, we are going in the right direction. I think 35 wins is 100% within striking distance this season.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Preseason begins Saturday vs twolves!!! I'm so excited for this season as I'm sure you all must be too =]

After last 4 years of disappointing basketball (saw some glimpses of excellence last year but still disappointing basketball overall), I believe it's time for the excitement to return. I know we are not a playoff team yet and still 1 piece away from becoming a playoff team, we are going in the right direction. I think 35 wins is 100% within striking distance this season.
    35-45, maybe? I'm so f* excited.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    35-45, maybe? I'm so f* excited.
    I wish we could hit the 40s

We are not yet a playoff team, broski!

Default Walton needs to go

This guy brought all of his college buddies to be assistant coaches.+ What the hell is that?