Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 263334353637 LastLast

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    lol@Billups taking Denver to the WCF. Why the hell would you type that? Since when did Billups cure ALL of Denvers problems? You're overrating the hell out of Billups potential impact. I just love how this team loses Iverson/Camby and replaces them with Billups and moves Nene/Jr Smith into the starting lineup and this is a better TEAM. Also love how George Karl becomes a better coach as well. Seriously, rethink what you typed. Try breaking down Denvers strengths, weaknesses, how the team is coached and player personnel. Then tell me with a straight face adding Billups you wouldnt be surprised to see them in the WCF. Like really. Stop.
    i'm not saying he will take them that far, but i wouldn't be surprised at all if he did. chauncey is that good, although if they still had camby they'd almost be a shoe-in for the WCF. chauncey billups made that detroit team go and he got everybody the ball in the right spots. you're completely underrating the value of a great point guard, especially in the western conference. what happened in 2007 when larry hughes shut down chauncey in the ECF? the pistons lost to the god damn CAVS. marinate on that for a minute... the CAVS.

and this nuggets team is much better off without iverson. chauncey is a fantastic point guard who can shoot the three, defend, body smaller guards down in the post, and he get everybody involved on offense. he's a leader, and his impact will show in the next few months. the nuggets offense will be a lot more fluid with chauncey running the show.

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

And thier defense? Billups will make it better?
    Thier cold spells on offense? Billups will make sure that doesnt happen?

Billups = Obama of PGs...change gon come!

Just dont see how 1 player solves the problems in Denver. They didnt exist last season because of Allen Iverson.

I'll be surprised if they get out the first round

Billups will help but Hit do is smokin crack. Like Billups will make everyone rotate on defense? You're gonna watch your FT attempts plumit, your points in the paint, your defense against smaller pg...

NBA Finals

Just dont see how 1 player solves the problems in Denver. They didnt exist last season because of Allen Iverson.

it doesnt really solve their problem but the trade helps the nuggets because now they dont have a small backcourt which is one of the reason they lost to Kobe Bryant and the lakers.

so are you telling me you'd rather have allen iverson guard ANYONE over chauncey billups? that's hilarious. billups brings a culture of winning and defense to denver, which is something that was missing before. he'll set a great example for everybody else to follow.

cold spells on offense? are you serious? you're asking how a POINT GUARD can't help reduce the number of cold spells on offense... have you ever played basketball? that's just a ridiculous question in itself. you add a great point guard who can run an offense [in a MUCH more fluid manner than allen iverson], that's how their 'cold spells' on offense will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by hito da god
    so are you telling me you'd rather have allen iverson guard ANYONE over chauncey billups? that's hilarious.
    I'm telling you AI wasnt the only problem defensively for Denver. Replacing him with Billups doesnt change much.

billups brings a culture of winning and defense to denver, which is something that was missing before. he'll set a great example for everybody else to follow.
    Right. 1 player at the PG position will do that much for a teams defense.

cold spells on offense? are you serious? you're asking how a POINT GUARD can't help reduce the number of cold spells on offense... have you ever played basketball? that's just a ridiculous question in itself. you add a great point guard who can run an offense [in a MUCH more fluid manner than allen iverson], that's how their 'cold spells' on offense will be fixed.
    "I wouldnt be surprised if Denver makes it to the WCF"

Thats the definition of rediculous my friend.

Like I said before if you took time to break down Denver Nuggets problems? Chauncey Billups doesnt solve them all. There is a reason why you may be one if not the only person who feels this team with Billups now wont surprise you making the WCF.

But hey all Denver needed was a PG like Billups. Lets sit back and watch them be a better team than last yr with AI.

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    it doesnt really solve their problem but the trade helps the nuggets because now they dont have a small backcourt which is one of the reason they lost to Kobe Bryant and the lakers.
    I'm not arguing Billups wont help. He will. And he is what Denver has wanted. But help them how much? Billups on Denver is not getting the Nuggets past Kobe & the Lakers. Billups on Denver is not getting them past Houston, Utah.

WCF? For Denver to even sniff the WCF you are telling me NeNe Hilario looks like the player who is worth the contract he was given. you're telling me Kmart is back to form when he was in Jersey. You're telling me Jr Smith has become the player some said he had the potential of becoming. You're telling me George Karl is coaching one of his better seasons in his career. You're telling me alot of things and not "Denver got Billups, look out! WCF? I wont be surprised!". This isnt about slamming Billups. He's a dope PG, heck I'd love him in Philly. But Billups in Philly doesnt make Iggy look any better than he has shown thus far. He doesnt answer the shooting woes of the team. He doesnt make Lou Williams more controlled, less eractic nor does he improve sammy Dalemberts low bball IQ. He'll do and help areas that Andre Miller doesnt. Lets be straight on that. And he make them a better team just because. But there are problems, issues, weakenesses with the Sixers that Billups alone just does not solve. It takes more than him. And it will take more than Billups if Denver is to be any more successful with him than they were with AI.

I'm telling you AI wasnt the only problem defensively for Denver. Replacing him with Billups doesnt change much.

Right. 1 player at the PG position will do that much for a teams defense.
    so cutting off the dribble penetration of an opposing PG won't change much? that could be an easy 4-6 point swing in any given game. it doesn't sound like much but that could be the difference between winning and losing a lot of games.

"I wouldnt be surprised if Denver makes it to the WCF"

Thats the definition of rediculous my friend.

Like I said before if you took time to break down Denver Nuggets problems? Chauncey Billups doesnt solve them all. There is a reason why you may be one if not the only person who feels this team with Billups now wont surprise you making the WCF.

But hey all Denver needed was a PG like Billups. Lets sit back and watch them be a better team than last yr with AI.
    AI is a better player but he doesn't fit the team's structure as well as billups does. now JR can get up his shots, melo can be the man on the offensive end, and everybody else can get their touches within the offense. i see this making a huge difference in what they're doing out in denver.

NBA Finals

I'm not arguing Billups wont help. He will. And he is what Denver has wanted. But help them how much? Billups on Denver is not getting the Nuggets past Kobe & the Lakers. Billups on Denver is not getting them past Houston, Utah.
    im not arguing that if they had billups they would've won but he does help them out a little defensively.

They went from a small Anthony Carter/Allen Iverson backcourt that couldnt guard a brick to a Chauncey Billups/Dahante (who cares how i spell his name right?) Jones backcourt. Now, i dont know how good a defender Jones is but the Billups trade did help their perimeter D because at least now they have size to match up against opponents.

WCF? For Denver to even sniff the WCF you are telling me NeNe Hilario looks like the player who is worth the contract he was given. you're telling me Kmart is back to form when he was in Jersey. You're telling me Jr Smith has become the player some said he had the potential of becoming. You're telling me George Karl is coaching one of his better seasons in his career. You're telling me alot of things and not "Denver got Billups, look out! WCF? I wont be surprised!". This isnt about slamming Billups. He's a dope PG, heck I'd love him in Philly. But Billups in Philly doesnt make Iggy look any better than he has shown thus far. He doesnt answer the shooting woes of the team. He doesnt make Lou Williams more controlled, less eractic nor does he improve sammy Dalemberts low bball IQ. He'll do and help areas that Andre Miller doesnt. Lets be straight on that. And he make them a better team just because. But there are problems, issues, weakenesses with the Sixers that Billups alone just does not solve. It takes more than him. And it will take more than Billups if Denver is to be any more successful with him than they were with AI.
    i never said anything about WCF
    Last edited by 1~Gibson~1; 11-08-2008 at 07:19 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by francesco totti
    an agreement has been reached between denver & mcdyess...

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/n...s_gives_u.html

mcdyess will give up big bucks in buyout...
    Wow he must really hate that place.

Bump and moved to Nuggets forum

Decent college freshman

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by francesco totti
    why did the nugs give into mcdyss? was the payout just so good financially? was his trade value nothing after threatening retirement?

i was thinking that mcdyss, if to much of a baby to accept the reality of professional sports, would have been our top trade peice- this team is now imo a few peices away from championship contendors & i thought mcdyss could maybe be one of those peices or get one in a trade-

is there a positive in this buyout for anyone not named kroenke? will he ever believe his gm's again if they say a couple more peices and win? is walmart no longer willing to pay luxery tax now or ever?

he'd be perfect for us right now, especially with bird man out. gotta go out and get someone else.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by tsforthrees
    he'd be perfect for us right now, especially with bird man out. gotta go out and get someone else.
    Re-sign Howard.