View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #54
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Default Re: Players better than Dwight Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
When you made the thread, it was ridiculous to suggest Dwight was not a top 5 player. He was from 2009-2012. And after this thread, he went on to dominate during the 2011 season.

This Dwight is not the Orlando Dwight for a variety of reasons. He's still not near 100%, and has only shown flashes of his previous athleticism. He's missing close shots he would have brought the rim down with in Orlando, and his go to shot, the jump hook hasn't been there, he's probably made less than half of how many he use to make. Plus, he went from a system built around his strengths, to a system that he doesn't fit in at all. Went from one of the most underrated coaches(Stan Van Gundy) to a terrible coach.

The difference is obvious both offensively and defensively. Dwight has gone from a top 5 player 4 years in a row to probably not even a top 15 player this season.

I always welcome your input, but I respectfully disagree. As you alluded to, I attribute Dwight's success in Orl to the system implemented by Stan Van Gundy, the lack of quality big men in the league, and a weak conference. I agree that SVG is an underrated coach.

I realize that I must come off a little overzealous but it is because I get irate by how much Dwight is overrated. No way have i ever seen this guy as a top 10 player in the league, not even close, yet alone as a top 2 or 3 as many were suggesting at the time I made this thread. Everytime I watch him I can't get over his lack of fundamentals and can't help but fathom how this guy would've stacked up against even the second or third tier centers of past decades. I honestly believe this guy would've been outplayed by the likes of Rik Smits, Vlade Divac, Brad Daugherty, or Bill Laimbeer. More gifted players who were never considered among the top 2 or 3 players in the leagur.
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote