Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: SI's Top 10 Dunk Contest Dunks

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Not bad. No Jason Richardson off the backboard between the legs?

Also, totally open to interpretation (as is everything regarding dunk contest) but it's hard for me to throw Terrence Ross' dunk in the top 5 just because the execution struggled. Had he just come out and put that down immediately, I might be with you. However, after so many attempts, all surprise and incredulity had just about evaporated. And that's a big part of dunk contest dunks to me.
    Yeah...I was struggling with that one... but in general I tried putting dunks that'll stick out in the long run; aesthetically pleasing dunks no matter the circumstance. J-Rich's off-the backboard alleyoop could make any top 10 list, but in terms of visuals, I prefer all of the dunks I posted. It's definitely in my teens nonetheless, just not top 10. I was also questioning whether to put Iguodala's behind the backboard alleyoop somewhere in there... Darvin Ham's 360 backboard touch, Gerald Green reverse pump alley, Nique's two-handed windmill, MJ's side leaning windmill, Kenny Walker's 360 windmill or even Demar's east bay funk thingy.

Local High School Star

spud webbs' and also this dunk from brown

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Noob Saibot
    oh yeah. Iggy was robbed.
    Sorry to re-bump. It's just, after finishing the '06 contest again, I have to agree with you. Before I remember being a little indifferent about things, but to watch Iggy get a 45 in round 1 for a relatively routine one hand windmill then see him receive a 44 in the finals after completing a one-footed between the legs flush with the left hand... I don't know about that one. I'm not usually big on setups or conspiracy theories but for that slam to just happen to tie things up (with such an unusually low score for a dunk of that nature) just seemed a little suspicious.

Then, in the tie-breaker, I suppose I can better see that case, though I still don't agree with it. Nate Robinson completed a really baby windmill on a toss off the backboard on his 14th try. Iguadala then countered with a between the legs dunk from the baseline, finishing on the opposite side of the rim (I'm guessing he wasn't planning on a tie-breaker fifth dunk). Again though, for Robinson's 14 attempts and eventually weak finish to eclipse Iggy's final attempt... I suppose I understand why Andre was done with the contest after '06.