Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Biggest chokers of all time (That's what she said)

All right....I want to compile a list of the biggest chokers of all time.

I nominate our first player....... Chris Webber

[LIST][*]The infamous time out call in college.[*]Never winning a title with the Kings in the early 2000.[*]His many disappearances during crunchtime.[*]Left the Warriors after his Rookie of the Year season due to being afraid of Earthquakes. (He really said that).[*]Did not want to play in Sacramento at first because of their lack of Soul Food restaurants.[/LIST]

Default Re: Biggest chokers of all time (That's what she said)

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner

[LIST][*]The infamous time out call in college.[*]Never winning a title with the Kings in the early 2000.[*]His many disappearances during crunchtime.[*]Left the Warriors after his Rookie of the Year season due to being afraid of Earthquakes. (He really said that).[*]Did not want to play in Sacramento at first because of their lack of Soul Food restaurants.[/LIST]

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Tha bitties I be messing with

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Lebron, tmac, cwebb,

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    I expect you to give the old game 6 business.

Answer this...if they were a championship team. Then why did they not win at home during a game 7 in OT no less?

Waiting for your answer.

Answer this...if they were a championship team. Then why did they not win at home during a game 7 in OT no less?

Waiting for your answer.
    The wasn;'t to get into some big argument. Just ing that you would purposely add that knowing exactly what shitstorm it would bring.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

[Left the Warriors after his Rookie of the Year season due to being afraid of Earthquakes. (He really said that).

Did not want to play in Sacramento at first because of their lack of Soul Food restaurants.

How do these 2 things have to do with being a choker?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    The wasn;'t to get into some big argument. Just ing that you would purposely add that knowing exactly what shitstorm it would bring.

LMAO

Of course I put that there for the sh*t storm! Somebody has to stir it up!

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Waiting for your answer.
    If they weren't cheated in game 6 there wouldn't be a game 7! This game more than any other I've seen over the past 25 years was the biggest travesty ever.

Every single one of Chris Webber's regular season numbers drops in the playoffs. Granted, some of that has to do with him playing different roles later on in his career, but only 1 memorable playoff run and he's had too many bad games in the playoffs.

It didn't help that injuries cut short his prime.

-Michigan was losing. They played each other earlier in the year on a neutral floor and Michigan won on a buzzer beater by a point. It wasn't exactly David vs. Goliath.
    -He travelled seconds before that in the same play.
    -Derrick Phelps read that Webber and Rose were only taking in the ball so he told Lynch during a free throw huddle to press and trap if Webber brought it up.
    -UNC had a lot of fouls to give so getting a good shot, even if Webber didn't pick up his dribble after crossing halfcourt, wasn't a given.
    -However, he still did and was trapped between two of the best defensive players in college basketball and didn't exactly have anywhere to go if he didn't call a timeout.

Point? Really strong chance Michigan still loses the game if he doesn't call a timeout. The timeout just sealed the fate.

7-time NBA All-Star

I actually really liked C-Webb's game(increasingly settled for too many jumpers from 2001 on, but still a great player) but he's a valid name to throw into this discussion. The Kings were truly loaded and had C-Webb showed up like Bibby, Sacramento would be champions. Say whatever you want about the officiating, but the fact is, C-Webb didn't step up like his teammate, and in such a close series, that's the biggest difference.

Eddie Jones is another example. A lesser, but a very good 2 guard who rarely played up to his ability in the playoffs, whether it was with LA, Charlotte or Miami.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

I thought he also left GS because Nelson played him at C

The ISH'ers Champion!

Overtime Game 7 vs. Lakers - chance to tie or go ahead - keeps bricking shot after shot after shot. And people say the series was rigged. Sure Game 6 had a lot of biased calls on Shaq...that's undebatable. The fact that the Kings had more than enough chances to win the series and choked it away is the truth some can't handle.

Runner up: Lebron 2011. And people still claim he was a champ in 2009/2010. Dude came to his senses when he matured in all aspects and become a winner, 2012.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 04-05-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    -Michigan was losing. They played each other earlier in the year on a neutral floor and Michigan won on a buzzer beater by a point. It wasn't exactly David vs. Goliath.
    -He travelled seconds before that in the same play.
    -Derrick Phelps read that Webber and Rose were only taking in the ball so he told Lynch during a free throw huddle to press and trap if Webber brought it up.
    -UNC had a lot of fouls to give so getting a good shot, even if Webber didn't pick up his dribble after crossing halfcourt, wasn't a given.
    -However, he still did and was trapped between two of the best defensive players in college basketball and didn't exactly have anywhere to go if he didn't call a timeout.

Point? Really strong chance Michigan still loses the game if he doesn't call a timeout. The timeout just sealed the fate.
    It's a panic move and he carried that out during clutch performances through out his career.