Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Texas Petition to Secede Has Enough Signatures to Require White House Response

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    and New York though

it sounds to me like though Texas is getting all the attention because it is the only state that has the economy to pull it off...other states like Cali are in the hole and couldn't possibly do it

either way it shouldn't be taken seriously though
    Or maybe it's because the Texas petition has 10 times as many votes as the one in New York.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Texas Petition to Secede Has Enough Signatures to Require White House Response

I'm thinking about launching a new career as a right-wing hack. These guys make a lot of money. And they're having less and less of an effect on people's thinking, so there's little harm. Launching the secession attempt here in Massachusetts would be a good start.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Or maybe it's because the Texas petition has 10 times as many votes as the one in New York.
    yeah and 10x the population as well

all that is needed is 20k votes and all those states have that

if those other states where as enormous as Texas they would have as many votes

yeah and 10x the population as well

all that is needed is 20k votes and all those states have that

if those other states where as enormous as Texas they would have as many votes
    I thought New York and Texas were pretty close?

Either way, the Texas poll is by far the most popular secession petition and by far the most popular petition overall. Even if it's due to Texas' size in comparison to the other states, obviously it's still the most striking one at first glance. Texas is nr 1, the other states are somewhere below the legalize marijuana petition.

Either way, the Texas poll is by far the most popular secession petition and by far the most popular petition overall. Even if it's due to Texas' size in comparison to the other states, obviously it's still the most striking one at first glance. Texas is nr 1, the other states are somewhere below the legalize marijuana petition.
    A lot of people signing that petition aren't even from Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Is He Ill
    A lot of people signing that petition aren't even from Texas.
    They are signing it because they don't want Texas to be part of the country?

That's cold blooded.

They are signing it because they don't want Texas to be part of the country?

That's cold blooded.
    I guess so. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of idiotic Texans signing that petition. That being said, many of the signatures are indeed from outside of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Is He Ill
    I guess so. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of idiotic Texans signing that petition. That being said, many of the signatures are indeed from outside of the state.
    ha the internet

this went viral

If you read the article it all points to Texas' economy being the main reason...I can't even find New Yorks vote total compared to Texas

and there are 25m people in Texas....8m in New York

If you read the article it all points to Texas' economy being the main reason...I can't even find New Yorks vote total compared to Texas

and there are 25m people in Texas....8m in New York
    No, there are 8m people in NYC but 19-20m in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    No, there are 8m people in NYC but 19-20m in the state.
    okay, so they are close I guess

http://www.bizjournals.com/bizjourna...passes-38.html

and Texas up to 26m already...1 mill gained over just two years...:/

This is stupid and makes me ashamed to live in Texas. Anyway, just hope everyone realizes that 80k signatures still means these are the views of a VERY small majority of Texans. I mean, San Antonio alone has like 1.5 million people living in it. Now we just know that there are 80 thousand dumb-asses somewhere in Texas (imagine that). One is probably the dude outside my apt with trucknuts on his F150.

This is the state folks are calling the best in the country?

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    This is the state folks are calling the best in the country?
    In all fairness, EVERY state has a petition like this now, and I think several are now over 25K.