Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star scott0326's Avatar

Default Re: MLB 2K11 / MLB 11 The Show Thread

I got 2k11 yesterday,I would of got the show if I could, but I cant because I have 360. I played my first online game was winning 13-1 in 6th inning when the other guy quit. The game is pretty fun, I love using the Sox especially with the new guys. Crawford is a beast on this game, he has insane speed

Almost threw a perfect game w/ Rick Porcello (lost it in the 8th). I started new with the Pirates, got Max Scherzer and Rick Porcello from the Tigers, my offense is on beast mode, Alvarez is really good in this game.

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Mr. Posterize, let me know if you're up for any online games sometime.

I still REALLY suck at hitting for some reason. I was never this bad last year. Consistently striking out 12+ times vs the AI in Franchise mode.
    Anytime. If you see me online just send an invite. Sometime tomorrow night might be good.

I cannot throw a curveball for shit in RTTS.

I mean, my 97 mph 4 seamer, cutter and circle change are DEADLY, but I can't locate a curve, even though my control is a 89 and I hit the yellow part of the meter almost always. I don't understand it.

Oh, and I had a no no going into the 9th the other day and my phone rang. I answered it and got into a half hour convo. I came back, first pitch I threw was a gapper.

I have trouble locating curveballs and sliders as well. And i give up a lot of homer's on change ups.

Also, Ryan Doumit is a ****ing beast in this game, 11 HR's in 18 games so far.

I think I am just going to intent walk Nick Markakis from now on. It does not matter what I throw him, he hits hit hard every time. And I'm a lefty too.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

GG Poster/State.

I hate this game online so much. Anything you practice is single player doesn't mean a single thing because the timing is so way off when you're hitting online. I was "too early" on everything. 82 mph changeups, 92 mph fastballs, 78 mph curveballs that I swear I had timed properly. TOO EARLY, somehow. I feel like either I have to play single player or multiplayer only because getting used to one will doom you until they fix this game.

I read that if you choose a minor league stadium, it lessens the lag. Less things happening on the screen that way. That's why I did that.

EDIT: Here's our game's boxscore: http://www.theshownation.com/boxscore/542593 47 strikeouts between the two of us
    Last edited by Qwyjibo; 04-13-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Didn't see your post in here I had already started talking shit in the mlb thread lol. I couldn't figure out if the lag was messin me up, if I wasn't used to playing on all star, or if I just sucked lol. I got lucky on the HR. Since when does J Roll hit opposite field homers? Sucks Drabek got hurt too...well, for you.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by StateProperty
    Didn't see your post in here I had already started talking shit in the mlb thread lol. I couldn't figure out if the lag was messin me up, if I wasn't used to playing on all star, or if I just sucked lol. I got lucky on the HR. Since when does J Roll hit opposite field homers? Sucks Drabek got hurt too...well, for you.
    The timing is just really bad online. It's also pretty much impossible to check your swing. The lightest of taps still turns into a full swing.

How many times per game are you striking out against the CPU?

When I first got the game I was K'ing 12-15 times a game and drawing 1-3 walks. Now, I'm down to 10-12 a game, which I feel is still too high, since I'm doing that even against a team's #4 or #5 starter.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I'm usually in the 10-12 K range when playing the AI. I still get fooled badly on low changeups and let too many fastballs high in the strike zone go by me. I always use the "regular" swing until I hit 2 strikes, then I use the contact swing. I almost never use the power swing.

With online I'd basically have to condition myself to wait a bit longer to make better contact. But then that's gonna screw the game up for me in single player where I'll probably be late on everything. I'd rather they just fix the online issues since that should be expected of a game these days.

Anytime I leave a game with a runner on base, the bullpen almost ALWAYS allows the runner to score.

Then they tie the score, and then our bats regain the lead and Chad Qualls and his 7.00 ERA vultures the win off me. Happened 4 times in 10 starts

I've gotten a lot better at hitting. What i do is always pick 4-Seam FB on the Guess The Pitch, there fore if it's not right it's probably going to be something off speed and i'm less likely to swing, Also, when they do throw fastballs, i use the power swing, in fact i use the power swing almost all the time, and i hit home runs like crazy. If you're not getting on base and want to score runs, just use to power swing, because if they leave one over the plate or hang a breaking ball, it's out of there. I hit a 500+ foot HR with Pedro Alvarez.
    Last edited by irondarts; 04-29-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Just started a Road To The Show as a starting pitcher. Got drafted by the Yankees and I dominated out of the bullpen and just got put into the AA rotation and pitched really well in my first start. Holy shit this is fun.