Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Suns release Michael Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturn
    So grateful the Bulls took Rose and not Beasley that day..
    Seems like both were bad choices. Who knows when the next time we see Rose play, or if he's even the same player.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

If I were a contending team I would take a flyer on him, as terrible as he has been recently he's still a guy with a lot of talent who can single handedly win you a game from pretty much nowhere. Maybe a team that needs fire power e.g Bulls, Grizzlies and these types...will he play much no....but he's a guy who can turn a game or a series on it's head.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrush25
    Why would the Lakers want him? They are better than that POS.
    Yeah, they only have an alleged rapist on the team... And won two titles with a guy who admittedly played drunk and caused the worst fight in the history of the league, etc.

Beasley doesn't deserve to be in the NBA, and by all accounts, he doesn't even want to be on the NBA. He continues to blow all of his chances. He's a drug addict who is not willing to quit smoking pot and be a professional. Being a professional basketball player is not in the cards for this guy. And he's really just not even that good.

Decent college freshman

Dude needs to go to the Thunder. His best friend is Durant.

Huge disappointment. He still young, and has the physical tools though, so I expect another team to give him a look.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Bulls should go after him and they'd have the first two picks of the '08 draft.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    Seems like both were bad choices. Who knows when the next time we see Rose play, or if he's even the same player.
    Enough already. Seriously, the jokes are old. We know Rose missed last season. I criticized him for it just as much as anyone. But it's over, it's done. Rose will be back on the court come opening night and after an entire season off he'll probably be close to his MVP form, maybe even better if he spent his down time becoming a better shooter.

Seriously, I can't f*cking wait until he comes back and proves all the haters wrong and wins his second MVP this coming season.

Banned

Anyone have an explanation for why hes gotten worse every season? He showed lots of potential as a small mobile stretch 4 his first season. I mean, I think hes been stuffed in some awful roles but still its awfully odd.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    He can come to the Hawks.
    We can use a crazy dude since we lost DeShawn Stevenson and Ivan Johnson.
    We can use a little drama as well.
    Not happening under Danny Ferry.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Never had it between the ears to make it as a professional. Incredibly immature off the court. And on the court, he's just as much of a mess. He's proven to be fully incapable of playing system offense , and he's a terrible defender as well.

His next stop will be overseas.

Thank god the Heat were able to Get LBJ/Bosh, or this pick would've haunted me for years.
    Come to think of it, the Heat's draft history since Dwyane Wade is pretty awful... even if they obviously haven't been focusing on the draft the last few years.

2004 - Dorrell Wright (19), Pape Sow (47), Matt Freije (53)
    2005 - Wayne Simien (29)
    2006 - N/A
    2007 - Jason Smith (20), Stanko Barac (39)
    2008 - Michael Beasley (2), Darnell Jackson (52)*
    2009 - Marcus Thornton (43), Robert Dozier (60)
    2010 - Dexter Pittman (32), Jarvis Varnado (41), Da'Sean Butler (42), Latavious Williams (48)
    2011 - Bogan Bogdanovic (31)
    2012 - Arnett Moultrie (27)

*Later traded 2nd round picks/cash for Mario Chalmers

Really, the trade for Chalmers in '08 is the only draft night win they've had in the last eight years. Granted, most of these were relatively low picks, but you will see most teams hit at least a couple times on mid-first rounders or even an occasional second rounder.

Luckily, they're much better when it comes to free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Anyone have an explanation for why hes gotten worse every season? He showed lots of potential as a small mobile stretch 4 his first season. I mean, I think hes been stuffed in some awful roles but still its awfully odd.
    I'm no expert on Michael Beasley, but it appears as though he doesn't really care much for basketball. That's usually the case when talented guys never improve and eat themselves out of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Enough already. Seriously, the jokes are old. We know Rose missed last season. I criticized him for it just as much as anyone. But it's over, it's done. Rose will be back on the court come opening night and after an entire season off he'll probably be close to his MVP form, maybe even better if he spent his down time becoming a better shooter.

Seriously, I can't f*cking wait until he comes back and proves all the haters wrong and wins his second MVP this coming season.
    Too easy, effortless.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I'm no expert on Michael Beasley, but it appears as though he doesn't really care much for basketball. That's usually the case when talented guys never improve and eat themselves out of the league.
    Id think the experience alone would allow him to improve a bit. Its weird hes just gotten plain worse.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Id think the experience alone would allow him to improve a bit. Its weird hes just gotten plain worse.
    The NBA is probably the first time in his life wherein his natural gifts were not enough to be a standout player. My guess is, when he experienced that feeling of going against guys as talented as him who actually work at their craft every day, his confidence took a hit and he pretty much gave up on the game.