Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star

Default Re: TV show: Vikings

I like this show a lot. It's relatively fast paced and filled with good action and twists. What I also like about it is that they studied viking history pretty deeply and based the show on that. It's also based on true events and people so don't make the same mistake as I did when I went reading history of Ragnar Lothbrook on Wikipedia and spoiled myself everything

I think Travis Fimmel(actor who plays Ragnar) is also pretty cool dude, he doesn't give a fck, many interviewers asked him if he would move to Hollywood or somewhere else in USA and he always says that he's doing all this just because of the money, he doesn't even try to hide it
    His biggest dream is to buy himself a big farm in the middle of nowhere in Australia and raise cattle true farmer like Ragnar lol
    Last edited by LBJ 23; 05-02-2014 at 06:32 PM.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    I like this show a lot. It's relatively fast paced and filled with good action and twists. What I also like about it is that they studied viking history pretty deeply and based the show on that. It's also based on true events and people so don't make the same mistake as I did when I went reading history of Ragnar Lothbrook on Wikipedia and spoiled myself everything

I think Travis Fimmel(actor who plays Ragnar) is also pretty cool dude, he doesn't give a fck, many interviewers asked him if he would move to Hollywood or somewhere else in USA and he always says that he's doing all this just because of the money, he doesn't even try to hide it
    His biggest dream is to buy himself a big farm in the middle of nowhere in Australia and raise cattle true farmer like Ragnar lol
    Yeah I read the Wiki but I still didn't know how they would go on the last ep. I really like Ragnar. This show is great and hasn't gotten much exposure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23

His a true alpha

Local High School Star

I just finished watching last episode of the season. Ragnar beast mode activated

Travis Fimmel (Ragnar Lothbrok) doing a Reddit AMA if anyone is interested.

Season 3 premiers tomorrow night.

sweet,this show is good.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
    Season 3 premiers tomorrow night.
    Love this show.. thanks for the heads up

Struggled through season 1 and by season 2 the show had lost me but i see from comments alot of you like it so i shall give it another go.

NBA lottery pick

Can't be compared to GoT on any level...

but the main character is good looking and a good actor. Other then that, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Can't be compared to GoT on any level...

but the main character is good looking and a good actor. Other then that, meh.
    Nah I wouldn't compare it with GoT. Honestly I don't think anything can compare with GoT (yet).

But this is definitely an underrated TV show.. doesn't get the exposure it should. Good acting, great choreographed fighting scenes, badass characters, great visuals, etc. Plus, it's (loosely) based on actual history that took place; Ragnar Lothbrok and his sons were real historical figures. It's already had me researching Vikings culture