Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Default most comfortable headphones?

I'm not even an audiophile overly concerned with the best possible sound.

I want some decent headphones that I can wear for at least an hour without any lingering discomfort.

Earbuds get on my nerves, and the last pair of over-the-ear phones I owned were some budget-friendly Koss joints that made me ache after a while.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore AirMike's Avatar

Default Re: most comfortable headphones?

go for AKG

Earned not given

I got a pair of Solo HD Beats by Dre 3 years ago and they were the best investment I've ever made on headphones. I use them to play on my electronic drum kit, work out, and look like a boss at school. K, just kidding about that last part. But seriously, they're very comfy (start to hurt a little after 4 or 5 hours though)

Bought these at Office Depot in November for $20, and they are by far the best pair of headphones I've ever owned. The sound is great, doesn't break easily, and they are as comfy as it gets. You'll forget you are even wearing headphones after a while. Ear pollution cs40 headphones, they come in a variety of colors but I think black looks the best.

Those look like a good move, Bosnian Sajo.

I tried finding them on the Office Depot website, but they weren't on there. Maybe they're in-store only.

I see them on Amazon.com for $37, but about half the reviews are complaining about cheap construction and others replying to them that they're satisified. May take a chance in ordering them, not sure yet.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, everyone.

Another pair I'm considering is the Sennheiser 248. Anybody got experience with these?

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Another pair I'm considering is the Sennheiser 248. Anybody got experience with these?

I heard Sennheiser's are the best sounding headphones you can get. I know you said you're not an audiophile but those look comfy and probably have great performance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    I heard Sennheiser's are the best sounding headphones you can get. I know you said you're not an audiophile but those look comfy and probably have great performance as well.
    Yeah I'll probably be listening to music one hour a day. Not a beatmaker or marathon listener or anything like that. Just need something comfortable with adequate sound. Being affordable helps too, and these are $60.

I wish they had the boss looks of Dre's beats though.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Yeah I'll probably be listening to music one hour a day. Not a beatmaker or marathon listener or anything like that. Just need something comfortable with adequate sound. Being affordable helps too, and these are $60.

I wish they had the boss looks of Dre's beats though.
    That's the debate on a lot of audio forums that I looked at for research.

Beat's by Dre are good quality sounding headphones but some people feel they are overpriced for the sound you get. However the style, customer service, and customization are absolutely top notch. I bought my Beats off of eBay and they were defective after about a month or so. Monster gave me a FREE pair of brand new Beats, even though I didn't buy them from a certified seller. That is amazing and I doubt many companies would do that.

With Sennheiser you get world class quality sound for a much better price. The style is lacking though and they don't have as much bass as Beats.

There is no controversy about it either, everybody with an opinion worth listening to agrees that Beats are the absolute worst sounding headphones in it's price category.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

everyone who buys beats by dre deserves to get punched in the face.

theyre so overpriced its ****ing hilarious.

op if you're listening to music for an hour a day look no further than the pair i'm currently using.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica.../dp/B000ULAP4U

gorgeous look and good bass that doesnt murder everything else. they won't initially blow you away but once they're relatively broken in they're great.

comfort is really my only complaint but i only notice it after like 2 or 3 hours and it's not as bad as some other pairs i've tried.

these headphones are generally recommended for people on a more entry-level of really nice headphones, and the main complaint people make is the top being too heavy on your head and stiff. i personally don't really notice that and it's not that big of a deal.

코비=GOAT

These are very comfortable. I was a bit skeptical about its durability but it hasn't broke for almost 7 months and I treat my earbuds like shit. I'm not really into sound quality so im not sure if this is overpriced, but I would pay for it again because they're lasting me over 7 months. Maybe I got lucky with this one as the cables are very thin.

Speaking from experience here, my suggestion is the Sony MDR-XB series. Clearly the most comfortable headphones ever. And there are different models depending on your price range

The cushioning is the softest around, with a headband system basically with the same idea.

Learn moar:

http://store.sony.com/p/Headphones-E...en/p/MDRXB1000

I don't get picked last at the park anymore AirMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Speaking from experience here, my suggestion is the Sony MDR-XB series. Clearly the most comfortable headphones ever. And there are different models depending on your price range

The cushioning is the softest around, with a headband system basically with the same idea.

Learn moar:

http://store.sony.com/p/Headphones-E...en/p/MDRXB1000
    Wow, looks more comfortable than my couch.
    Ears must swet a lot tho...