Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Dexter season 8

Love Live Life

Default Re: Dexter season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    Read an interesting article the other day of an interview of the original guy from the first 4 seasons and what he would have proposed as the ending.

It was something like Dexter being on the verge of getting caught, and before everything to come to a head, the scene would cut to Dexter waking up.

Basically the audicence would think the whole show was a dream.

Then the table would zoom out and it would be Dexter laying on the executioner table, and the show was actually his whole life flashing before his eyes.

http://www.eonline.com/news/461558/c...end-the-series
    That would have been awesome

Why would anyone cry? Softies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    Read an interesting article the other day of an interview of the original guy from the first 4 seasons and what he would have proposed as the ending.

It was something like Dexter being on the verge of getting caught, and before everything to come to a head, the scene would cut to Dexter waking up.

Basically the audicence would think the whole show was a dream.

Then the table would zoom out and it would be Dexter laying on the executioner table, and the show was actually his whole life flashing before his eyes.

http://www.eonline.com/news/461558/c...end-the-series
    That would have been dope!

Thorp you're not a fan of Ray Donovan?

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Why would anyone cry? Softies.

That would have been dope!

Thorp you're not a fan of Ray Donovan?

I've watched all of Ray Donovan this season. I just can't seem to get into it. Just an incredibly high volume of beating around the bush background story wise. Still completely unclear how he gets away with shit, or even what the hell he actually does. The Lian Neesan character I know people love, but its worn thin on me. As have both retard brothers, and now the wife. Too me it was just way more tough guy style than any substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I've watched all of Ray Donovan this season. I just can't seem to get into it. Just an incredibly high volume of beating around the bush background story wise. Still completely unclear how he gets away with shit, or even what the hell he actually does. The Lian Neesan character I know people love, but its worn thin on me. As have both retard brothers, and now the wife. Too me it was just way more tough guy style than any substance.
    Agreed.

Oviously late.. while I skipped parts of the 8th season because it was trash, I did want to finally see the last episode.... what kind of ****ing garbage was this? I kept myself somewhat updated to what happened before by reading reviews.. just tragic.

Here's some funny comments (AV Club)

AN F I AM SO HAPPY

**** this show with something sharp.

"I've spent the last few season talking about how I want to be a good father and be there for my son. LOL PSYCH I WANNA BE A BEARDED LUMBERYARD WORKER"
    His son will be much better off with a fugitive who murders people when she gets frustrated with them.

Harrison will not survive his angsty teenage years. Harrison might have been already pushed into puberty by all that proximity with Yvonne Strahovski.

Harrison will be lucky to survive the week, when Hannah realizes Dexter's gone and she's stuck with a whinging brat.

This is a well thought out plan.
    Calm before the storm, mutha-****a!

Just kidding, it was dumb as shit. I think the CGI backdrops of the storm were just rejected scenery shots from Myst.
    1. In the final hour, it all comes down to Saxon and Elway. Almost as good as Colin Hanks and Imaginary Adama.

2. Deb states the show's thesis: "No matter how much selfish shit you do, Dexter, nothing is ever your fault. You deserve to be happy."

3. Wanted serial killer Hannah, by the way, was recognized by the nurse when she took Harrison to the ER, but she can walk right through airport security and present fake documents without arousing any suspicion.

4. Dexter sends Harrison off into a hurricane on a bus with his serial killer girlfriend, so he won't have to do any parenting for the rest of the series.

5. Saxon, the subject of a manhunt, goes straight to the hospital, and is caught immediately.

This is the first time in several years that Miami Metro has caught a criminal.

6. There has to be an attempt at dramatic stuff, so Deb gets brain damage. Ghost Harry has returned to his home planet, so he can't show up to explain that we should feel sad. But now, Dexter will have Ghost Deb to tell him that he should do whatever he wants all the time.

7. Professional bounty-hunter Elway finds Hannah, but lets her stick him with a horse tranquilizer and escape.

8. Dexter kills a handcuffed Saxon in a police interrogation room. But it's okay, because in Florida, this is self-defense. Also, the interrogation room has a video camera, but no audio.

9. Dexter goes into the hospital, kills Deb, wheels her body out of the hospital on a gurney and carries her onto a boat, because nobody in Dexter's Miami pays attention to anything, and also, the hospital has boat parking.

10. On the boat in the hurricane, Dexter decides to abandon his parental responsibilities once and for all. He throws his cell phone in the ocean. Then, he throws Deb in the ocean

11. There are probably a lot of people who would like to mourn Deb, and she is entitled to a police funeral with full honors, but Dexter just throws her in the ocean, because he doesn't give a shit about anybody.

I'm sure they'll do something nice for Deb anyway. Like name a bench after her. The Deb bench next to the Laguerta bench, with Angel and Quinn sitting on the benches and crying, realizing how ****ing awful they are.

Dexter, meanwhile, will have the state of Florida renamed after him, the amazing human being he is.

Then, he drives his boat into the hurricane, because this is the responsible thing for the sole surviving parent of a small child to do.

12. Dexter is not actually dead! He just pretended to die so he could ditch his girlfriend and never have to see his son again! He is now a trucker, apparently.

Stealing Debs body and dumping it in the ocean is just ****ed up. Why would he even do that?

Felt like it was supposed to be some symbolic thing about his victims/how he has hurt his family/saying goodbye the only way he knows how.

**** it, it was just dumb.

He's basically honoring her the same way he honors people he decided deserve to die. How appropriate and respectful!
    When Dexter has Deb's body in the boat (headed toward the hurricane that is not creating any waves), and is about to pull the sheet off... I was really hoping it was going to be Doakes. And he was going to leap up and say:

"SURPRISE MOTHER****ER!"
    This actually would have redeemed this piece of shit episode. It wouldn't have made sense, but none of this season has, so who cares?

"There is one happy ending here: Michael C. Hall and his ex-wife Jennifer Carpenter no longer have to spend long hours at work together, which must have been supremely awkward."

I kind of feel like the last two seasons were specifically calculated by the writers to make things as awkward as possible for Michael C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter.

Starting the "Deb is in love with Dexter" plot after they got divorced was just mean.