Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718
    Banned

Default Re: 2014 Australian Open of Tennis

Nadal will back in French Open

Hate to see any match decided by injuries, but I'm glad Wawrinka won.

I still stand by my earlier point that injury timeouts needs to be looked at. I remember last season I think it was Azarenka was in the middle of choking away a match to Stephens (I think), and she decided to take a 10 minute "injury" timeout. When play resumed it was a completely different match, which Azarenka went on to win.

Imagine something similar being allowed in other sports. Getting your ass kicked in Boxing/MMA... oh wait 10 minute break please. NFL team is driving down the field for the winning TD... oh wait 10 minute break please.

   

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    I'm really hoping Fed grabs Wimbledon or the US Open this year. He could have had 20+ if not for missing break chances or just mental barriers.
    hmm, was that post meant for the cocaine thread?

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Hate to see any match decided by injuries, but I'm glad Wawrinka won.

I still stand by my earlier point that injury timeouts needs to be looked at. I remember last season I think it was Azarenka was in the middle of choking away a match to Stephens (I think), and she decided to take a 10 minute "injury" timeout. When play resumed it was a completely different match, which Azarenka went on to win.

Imagine something similar being allowed in other sports. Getting your ass kicked in Boxing/MMA... oh wait 10 minute break please. NFL team is driving down the field for the winning TD... oh wait 10 minute break please.
    It doesn't apply there because in boxing/MMA injuring your opponent is actually the desired result. In team games, players can be substituted.