Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Default Re: How will people remember T-Mac when his career is over?

I keep seeing that people say he is playing with the best center in the league and he hasn't got past the first round. Yao was only the best center in the league this year (if he even is). He was injured last year and the year before that shaq was the best. If Yao was playing all year this year and didn't miss 2 months, I bet the rockets would have been in the second round because they would have won more games and faced like the Nuggets or Lakers which would have been much easier than the Jazz. T-mac has performed great in the playoffs his worst year was hes one year on Toronto. If you guys think Paul Pierce is better than him than theres no hope for you. And those who said Pierce had an ok team when he made it to the WCF you are dumb. That team was very good. They had Walker and a bunch of very good role players. T-mac even on the rockets has one great player Yao and a bunch of inconsistant not reliable role players. Add a coach that didn't know how to run an offense and you get the rockets getting kicked out first round. By the way the Jazz are better than Houston this year. Rockets were the favourites because the jazz has still not shown all that they were capable of. If you people honestly think that pierce is better than T-mac now or the last 4-5 years than you are wrong.......

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
    Actually, I'd put blame solely on him.

Is he a top 10 player? I say no, you say yes

Is he the leader of the team? Yes

Does the team have very good talent? Yes

Are the Rockets one of the best defensive teams in the league? Yes

T-mac is the "leader" of that team and has led them no where. It is in large part his fault. He hasn't been the same player since he started taking more jump shots than going to the basket. T-Mac in Orlando (when he went to the basket and his FG% was high) was a top 10 player. Now...borderline, at best.
    The talent on the team other then T-mac is Yao and the rest are too inconsistant to relay on. They are a good team but I would say elite.

The Rockets do one of the best defense in the league but they have below average offense. Other then T-mac and Yao the team has no offense, when T-mac leaves the court the offense is horrible. They are lost and Alston doesn't know how the run the offense properly. Yao can still score but he can't run the offense so they are lucky to keep a lead when T-mac is on the bench.

IF he had the work ethic of a Kobe Bryant and IF he did not have his back injuries, he would go down as a top 10 player of all time IMO.
    What?!
    They had Walker and a bunch of very good role players.
    Not really... I think back then they had players like Rodney Rogers and Tony Delk if I remember properly. Pierce and Walker ran that team.

How far up the All-Time ladder can T-Mac rise if he starts to have some success the upcoming years?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    How far up the All-Time ladder can T-Mac rise if he starts to have some success the upcoming years?
    Define "success".

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease DAXX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    Define "success".
    Advance to the second round. A possible MVP award.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    Define "success".
    He starts winning some playoff series (not necessarily winning ships) buts starts taking Houston on some deep playoff runs and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by DAXX
    Advance to the second round. A possible MVP award.
    He still would be behind many players if he got to the second round. Only a personal accomplishment. On a ranking scale, getting to the second round is nothing special. If were to win an MVP, he'd be a lock for HOF. Which he probably already is.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xxxSuperStar
    Actually, I'd put blame solely on him.

Is he a top 10 player? I say no, you say yes

Is he the leader of the team? Yes

Does the team have very good talent? Yes

Are the Rockets one of the best defensive teams in the league? Yes

T-mac is the "leader" of that team and has led them no where. It is in large part his fault. He hasn't been the same player since he started taking more jump shots than going to the basket. T-Mac in Orlando (when he went to the basket and his FG% was high) was a top 10 player. Now...borderline, at best.
    The only thing you said here of any relevance was that McGrady shoots too many jumpers. And while he did shoot poorly, averaging 25 points, 7 assists, and 6 rebounds per game saying that the loss was mainly his fault is idiotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    If you guys think Paul Pierce is better than him than theres no hope for you. And those who said Pierce had an ok team when he made it to the WCF you are dumb. That team was very good. They had Walker and a bunch of very good role players. T-mac even on the rockets has one great player Yao and a bunch of inconsistant not reliable role players. Add a coach that didn't know how to run an offense and you get the rockets getting kicked out first round. By the way the Jazz are better than Houston this year. Rockets were the favourites because the jazz has still not shown all that they were capable of. If you people honestly think that pierce is better than T-mac now or the last 4-5 years than you are wrong.......
    The third best player on that ECF team Pierce lead was Eric Williams. It could be argued that the EC being weak helped Pierce out, but I don't get how anyone that actually watched that team in actiuon could say that it was especially talented or deep. They played hard, which can make up for a talent deficit, but they weren't that good. And FYI, Pierce did better than McGrady in 03-04 (the year McGrady quit on Orlando) and 05-06 (McGrady's back killed his season). Tracy McGrady is more talented than Paul Pierce and if he can stay healthy will normally have a better season, but issues have held him back from reaching his full potential in the past. Taking Pierce over McGrady isn't as unreasonable as you'd like to believe. I'd definitely rather have Pierce when things are going badly, as his loyalty to the Celtics has been demonstrated whereas McGrady did give up on the Magic in sad fashion.

Serious playground baller EuJazz's Avatar

I'll always think about T-Mac as a whiny b!tch who thinks he's a shooter, but can't shoot.

NBA Superstar

he's never been out of the first falkin round people.

that might not be a big deal to all you prepubescent wankers who have his poster on your wall and think he jumps really high and is really cool, but the only reason players play this game is to win, and if not making a finals affects someone's legacy, not winning a playoff series destroys a legacy.

It just does...this year he had the best center in the league andhe said it was 'all on him' and he still came up lame.

doesn't have 'it'

yes I know he dropped thirteen in 35 seconds, but I also saw Meadowlark Lemon drop five in a row from half and Clyde the Glide Austin throw down from the foul line at a Globetrotters game when I was young and that was pretty special too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe_6/8
    He made the finals, don't be rude.

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Springsteen
    He made the finals, don't be rude.
    He didn't even play in the regular season and scored 0 points in the playoffs. I still wish he had won a ring that year, but oh well.