Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Cops shoot down a homeless man in LA

[QUOTE]The man continues to scuffle with four of the officers, even after he's wrestled to the ground. What appears to be one of the officers is heard saying "Drop the gun. Drop the gun."

Then, at least one of the officers opens fire on the man, who remained on the ground with at least two officers near him.

Five gunshots are heard on the recording.

Police have not identified the dead man or said how many officers were involved, or how many shots were fired. The man was declared dead at a hospital shortly after the shooting, which occurred about noon, according to police spokesman Sgt. Barry Montgomery.

The officers had responded to a robbery call in the 500 block of San Pedro Street, Montgomery said. He added that at one point during the struggle a Taser had been deployed, but investigators did not know if it was used on the man who was subsequently shot.

No officers were injured during the altercation, Montgomery said.

lRelated VA details plan to eliminate veterans' homelessness
    CALIFORNIA
    VA details plan to eliminate veterans' homelessness
    SEE ALL RELATED
    Witnesses at the scene identified the victim by his street name,

Banned

Default Re: Cops shoot down a homeless man in LA

LA...ok now it's really on

Why the hell do people resist the police?

If you are innocent, you don't win against the police on the street...you win against them in court.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx

If you are innocent, you don't win against the police on the street...you win against them in court.

Well, in this case it appears to be because he was a skid-row crackhead.

I hope they riot. SRS. I hope a cop dies in LA over this. I won't feel bad at all. One innocent dead for another innocent. There has to be a price. Police need consequences.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I hope they riot. SRS. I hope a cop dies in LA over this. I won't feel bad at all. One innocent dead for another innocent. There has to be a price. Police need consequences.

Banned

they resist potential exectioners, as would all.

wtf kind of training do police get nowadays?

i mean, if the man was struggling with other police officers, why the **** would you fire on him? you coulda hit your own men, ffs!

trigger happy policemen are everywhere!

it's like they don't even screen these guys anymore.

you want a gun?

here, take this badge and patrol the streets

that happened so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I hope people do riot, and hopefully they burn down your house in the process for saying such a scummy thing.

Hoping for some unknown individual, whose life and personality you do not know anything about, to be murdered, in reprisal for another event that has nothing to do with you and which you know nothing about, is the sign of a real piece of shit, a petty and vengeful low-life, with a bloodlust when it comes to situations which do not involve him.

i.e. a coward who wants someone else to be killed (obviously, from afar) for not being as much of a coward as they are. A coward putting on a front of childish bravado is what you are. I'd like to see you go and inform the family against whom the right and just 'price' and 'reprisal' had been made, and that whoever's father/husband/son/brother had been killed to even up the score and satisfy your piece of mind.

That's how the tribal societies of old used to live (a life would be sacrificed to balance things out, to bring peace between tribes). I see this tribal instinct still runs hot in your blood. I'm only glad we have a Constitutional framework that specifically guards against such petty tribalism, and seeks to protect the rights of the individual against such arbitrary nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawker
    they resist potential exectioners, as would all.
    If they are really looking to kill, you really think resisting is going to help?

Obviously any kind of non-compliance is going to increase the leeway for them to shoot you.

If you are going to get arrested, there's nothing you can do. Don't move a muscle against them, and you won't get blasted.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Because not everybody reacts rationally or intelligently in those situations.

Just tell me if he's black or not. Otherwise I'll have no way of knowing if this is important.

If he got a hold of a gun, the shooting was justified in my eyes. I'm curious if he got a hold of it because it sounded lik they were tasering him right before the shots.

In any case, this happens, every day, all over the world. Put aside race, religion, creed, beliefs, whatever...it's in our destiny to destroy each other. And will continue doing so. Our loved ones will die, people we don't know ever existed will die. Can you live in a world like this?

NBA Legend

Based on the article I'm assuming this happened on skid row, which for those of you who arent familiar with it, is basically a living nightmare. It's a huge strip literally full of homeless, disturbed, addicted, crazy zombies. It's a homeless encampment on the street that stretches way down the road and s FILLED with people. People who are completely unpredictable, and literally nuts.

If youre a cop, this is not the place you want to be struggling with a suspect, because who knows what kind of crackhead is gonna jump in? Who knows who around you has a weapon?? There are people ALL around you. Hell what if the guy youre struggling with has AIDS and he gets a cut during the struggle and puts you at risk?

Bottom line, this was a crazy person who WAS endangering the lives of cops. Even if the threat doesnt materialize, when youre on wearing that blue uniform youre basicaly a target for people trying to make a statement. And if youre trying to wrestle some kook into cuffs in the middle of skid row, that shit is scary as ****. No chances are gonna be taken if thats me.

The only regret is that it couldnt have happened to the menstrual crybaby of pretend injustice, Rosecity