Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: JJ Hickson is an amazing rebounder for his size

I still think Portland needs to trade him. His value is as high as ever. If we could turn him into a lottery pick for picks and a decent back up. I don't like Hickson's game. I'm always afraid he is going to do something stupid with the ball.

He's one hell of a rebounder but he isn't satisfied being that guy. He always jacks up ill advised shots. We need a guy that can grab boards and be happy not getting shots. I sense Hickson wants more than this team has to offer.

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I still think Portland needs to trade him. His value is as high as ever. If we could turn him into a lottery pick for picks and a decent back up. I don't like Hickson's game. I'm always afraid he is going to do something stupid with the ball.

He's one hell of a rebounder but he isn't satisfied being that guy. He always jacks up ill advised shots. We need a guy that can grab boards and be happy not getting shots. I sense Hickson wants more than this team has to offer.
    he is a unrestricted free agent, most teams wont give up much to get him

You can count the centers in the L playing better than him on one hand. He really does a lot of the dirty work for LMA and he's a scoring option as well.

You also know this isn't a contract year special since he did it on the big stage with LeBron as well

I usually hit open layups

Dude, who do you think would trade a lottery pick for hickson? No team would bite on that. At his value, 4 mill, you cant find a better deal. Even if you find someone to bite on the lottery pick, you desperately need a center, look what this years centers. You have lottery picks with unibrow, which you arent getting a number one pick for, drummond, leonard, tyler zeller? he's a undersized center, which generally wont start on most teams so you are cutting a huge chunk of teams. He works great next to LA since LA plays more along the perimeter. hes shooting 57% from the field, he may sometimes throws up iffy shots but Ill take him easily at 4mill. I see what you are getting at but realistically, you have to look at his value and what you need. Portland desperately needs that body in the center position, without him, portland would be a terrible terrible on the boards. Move him and youre stuck with leonard starting. ^ the guy above is right, you can count better centers on one hand.
    Last edited by Djsonny; 12-18-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Portland should trade him...just as Cleveland should have traded him (Thompson is young, has character, plays defense).

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    You can count the centers in the L playing better than him on one hand.

The center who's playing like ass on your team is playing much much better than Hickson. There are 15 centers playing better than he is. 5, lol.

Also, if you actually watch the Blazers, he's not really playing C as much as people say. LMA plays a decent amount of C. Hickson is not a capable starting center on a playoff team.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Too early to tell right now. Thompson isn't even halfway through his second season. Thompson is just as good of a rebounder as Hickson, a much better defender for his second season. Hickson is a little more athletic, much better offensively, but Hickson was just as raw almost as Thompson is now when he came into the league and developed a little jumper and some post moves.
    I wonder if you couldn't have done something like the 2010 #4 and JJ Hickson to Golden State for David Lee and the #11. Golden State would never give up David Lee for that now, but at the time? Hmm...

You could've taken Klay Thompson and then probably been bad enough to still have a top 8 pick in this last draft.

Imagine this:

Kyrie Irving
    Klay Thompson
    Harrison Barnes
    David Lee
    Anderson Varejao

That'd probably win the Central right now.

18 and 15 with 3 blocks for JJ so far

Good college starter AznTacoLover's Avatar

Make that 18 rebounds!

Quote Originally Posted by KDthunderup
    he is a unrestricted free agent, most teams wont give up much to get him
    Yeah I thought we had him on a 2 year deal after last season. It turns out that contract was for 2 seasons including last year. Either way, I hope Portland could sign him for a decent deal rather than losing him for nothing.

If Hickson could play with this effort and stop forcing up bad shots I think he would be a great player. He plays hero ball sometimes and I just can't stand that.

19 and 15 tonight with 4 mins left

I agree with this, but I truly believe he can be a starting go-to level PF. Not a superstar, but a guy that gets buckets. I really liked him on the Cavs.

HATERS GON HATE.

-Smak

I'm so undecided on what I want the Blazers to do with him after this season

I'll enjoy him playing while it lasts though, great player

17 and 14 in 3qtrs tonight.

He's on fire recently. He's gonna break a franchise record for most consecutive double doubles.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    underrated bad move that Cleveland basically gave him up for Tristan Thompson.
    I know very few people have noticed and/or care, but Tristan has been playing very good basketball as of late. He's averaging 12.4 points on 52.3% from the field, 12 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks in his last five games. The Cavs' defense when he is on the floor is noticeably better than when he's on the bench.

Cavs are also 2-2 since Varejao got injured, largely because Tristan stepped into his position and performed so well. Not to mention he's 21.

It amazes me how quickly people pull the trigger on judging these young guys. He is way ahead of where Hickson was at the same age or at the same point in his career... WAY ahead.

Also, the Cavs getting Tristan had nothing to do with moving Hickson, unless you are saying that the team drafted Tristan and, soon after, traded Hickson.

Hickson was traded for a protected Sacramento pick which has not been received yet and Omri Casspi. I will also note the Hickson move had very little to do with his performance on the floor, from what I've heard, and everything to do with his attitude in the locker room. Scott did not want him to poison the young talent during this rebuild, so he was moved.