Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

I havent had internet access since mid-june so thats why i havent been around. On the old boards I was posting all the time.

But sure, change your avatar. If its that big a deal to you. Personally I dont see why anyone should care whether someone else in a community of thousands has the same avatar. Seems trivial. But to each his own.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
    Matures? He is mature and just stated what most think.
    He didn't mention that Stephen A. Smith is annoying as ****

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Have we really gotten to the point where you can't even be honest and speak the truth without people getting upset ? He is a better leader than Kobe, everyone knows this including the Kobe fans, so what is the problem ?
    Mainly because he's only 3 years in the league, he shouldn't talk about veterans like that even if it's true. I don't even think anybody should question another's game in the NBA though. It's alright if it's about on the court issues like Kobe and Raja Bell, but it's ridiculous for him to talk like that about his leadership skills and how he's better. I couldn't imagine Wade saying, I'm better than Bron because I have a championship unless they were simply joking with one another. Did he laugh? I don't know. Lebron could get 7 rings and he still shouldn't say he's better than this dude because of this reason.

Saw a basketball once

Yeah right !!!! LeBronze has just led a superstar team of NBA players to 2 consecutive 3rd place finishes. That's the kind of leadership the good ol USA don't need. What an overhyped arrogant twit !!!

stop whining....

Everybody knows kobe is a damn weirdo.....He aint a leader...He gots great skills as a player...

but his head stays up his own ass .......he needs some friends or life trainer like A-rod has

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    stop whining....

Everybody knows kobe is a damn weirdo.....He aint a leader...He gots great skills as a player...

but his head stays up his own ass .......he needs some friends or life trainer like A-rod has

The issue is not Lebron being a better leader than Kobe. The issue is Bron's immaturity, not in comparison to Kobe but as a person in his own right.

Bron is trying to put Kobe down this entire summer. I dont think he wants Kobe on the Olympic team to tell you the truth. Because next 2 summers when they win gold Kobe will get the bulk of the credit and will prob be captain along with maybe billups.

The issue is not Lebron being a better leader than Kobe. The issue is Bron's immaturity, not in comparison to Kobe but as a person in his own right.

Bron is trying to put Kobe down this entire summer. I dont think he wants Kobe on the Olympic team to tell you the truth. Because next 2 summers when they win gold Kobe will get the bulk of the credit and will prob be captain along with maybe billups.
    ^this is what Im talking about^

stop the blood-clot crying

Somebody asked Bron a question, he answered...Nobody cares enough about kobe to spend alot of time trying to keep him off the USA team... bunch of nonsense...

Stop taking everything so damn personal....Kobe is not a leader...this is not new knowledge, nor is it an insult

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    ^this is what Im talking about^

stop the blood-clot crying

Somebody asked Bron a question, he answered...Nobody cares enough about kobe to spend alot of time trying to keep him off the USA team... bunch of nonsense...

Stop taking everything so damn personal....Kobe is not a leader...this is not new knowledge, nor is it an insult
    Than is ok if someone say "Kobe whats you biggest advantage on Lebron"

Kobe says" well i actually play both sides of the ball, he doesnt try to play defense and thats half of the game, also i shoot it a lot better and am better in the clutch"

Its all true but doesnt need to be said.

Everything lebron says is pretty much filtered through a media coach.

Him saying "I dont know if Kobe would fit"= thought out statement

Him saying he is a better leaser = thought out statement

He is trying to shape the media's viewof himself. Just as wade calls himself a team player, humble and unselfish like 4 times an interview.

Than is ok if someone say "Kobe whats you biggest advantage on Lebron"

Kobe says" well i actually play both sides of the ball, he doesnt try to play defense and thats half of the game, also i shoot it a lot better and am better in the clutch"

Its all true but doesnt need to be said.

Everything lebron says is pretty much filtered through a media coach.

Him saying "I dont know if Kobe would fit"= thought out statement

Him saying he is a better leaser = thought out statement

He is trying to shape the media's viewof himself. Just as wade calls himself a team player, humble and unselfish like 4 times an interview.
    You take one man's comments waay too personal.... Who are you to say what Lebron should and shouldnt say?

You have this complex protocol of what players should and shouldnt say..why? Because Bron may hurt kobe's feelings? Hurt his fans feelings?

Mars Blackmon Lives!

if in the early 1990s john stockton had made a comment like that about say tim hardaway, would people flip out about it? stockton was a better leader than timmy, but timmy was a better scorer and clutch city. would timmy be insulted to hear it? i think this is being blown out of proportion. the common (media) perception has been that bron leads his teammates while kobe carries his. whether it's true or not probably doesn't matter, and unless someone has played with the lakers and cavs in the last couple of years, it probably isn't really answerable, but basically all bron did was give the answer that most sportswriters would have delivered (right or wrong - it's perception).

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    I dont see it as Lebron taking a shot at Kobe. But at the same time its not the same thing as saying you have shooting or defending as an advantage over someone. Leadership is a personality trait and speaks to someone's character. Its not saying you can put a ball in a hoop more accurately than someone, which says nothing about the person as a human being, and is trivial. It is claiming somewhat of a superiority in character. Whether its true or not is inconsequential, neither is whether Bron meant it as a jab (which I dont think he did). It was simply unnecessary, and acts as a jab even though it wasnt intended as one.

I also think it says a little about Lebron, that he could denigrate Kobe's character so casually and not think about the implications of it. Which do exist, as otherwise this thread wouldnt have two sides to it. Its a little self-centered imo. So I guess what i'm trying to say is Lebron wasnt trying to cheapshot Kobe but he shouldn't have said it anyway.
    bottom line is, it was unintentional and not malicious but it was a shot nonetheless, and Lebron should have known not to say it. Maybe as he gets older and matures he'll start getting better at knowing what to say and how to say it.

I rule the local playground Rojogaqu11's Avatar

Default ...

Kobe is better so who cares.

Anyways, there was also an article where Kobe talked about how Team USA needs more chemistry, so will Kobe fans pick on that too? I looks like a shot a the leaderships skills of the tri-captains, but who cares, you know what i'm saying?.

Good High School Starter

kobe was a rich black kid growing up in italy, while lebron had a background similar to that of the majority of the nba naturally bron is gonna relate better to his teammates and so be able to be a better leader.

Kobe leads by playing hard every game...I admit though that he's not a very good vocal leader....but come on! do you guys think that lebron is already a good leader??? You want a good leader? how about steve nash or jason kidd? Kobe is not a good leader but so is lebron...carmelo is even a better leader than him...

Facts Are Misleading

Default ..

Attitude reflect leadership.

I don't see either one of those teams playing with the right attitude. I certainly don't wanna see my leader bite his finger nails when ever he gets a chance to do it. That, to me, shows he's nervous.

If my leader is nervous, rest of the team will follow.