Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    im a superhero

Default Re: Is Skyrim the greatest game of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    lol wtf are you smoking? Demons souls and Dark souls are nothing like skyrim. The souls games are action adventure game with a few RPG elements and Skyrim is a full blown open world RPG. Batman and Uncharted are also adventure games. Uncharted is incredibly linear and Batman is not even close to the same level of "open world" as seen in this game.

Disagree about the importance of core fighting mechanics too. I played the crap out of oblivion and the fight mechanics were absolute garbage in that game.
    i never mentioned that batman and uncharted were the same type of thing, i said they were better. batman is an open world game, and it does it better than skyrim.

yes, demons souls and dark souls aren't open world games though when it comes to core mechanics and combat they are extremely similar, apart from one thing. the gameplay in demons/dark souls is far better.

won't bother to touch on the subject any further seeing as some of you are going to die protecting a game you haven't played yet.

im a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    What reviews are u talkin about? There's not one review that gave it under 9 online...and this game is absolutely nothing like dark souls, so you're pretty misinformed on all counts there buddy
    not really.

the two biggest online review sites in ign and gamespot rated it the same as dark souls, with one rating it worse than dark souls. as well as rating uncharted better, and batman better.

i dont think it has a shot for game of the year.

Made that high school varsity squad JaskoX1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crosso√er
    Add GTA, Zelda and ME2.
    I seen the trailer, the character animations look horrible.
    Mass Effect 2 LOL

im a superhero

and lol the person who negged me over a video game.

not to mention one you haven't played yet.

let that sink in. your feelings got hurt over a video game. one you haven't played. you're defending an inanimate object.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    and lol the person who negged me over a video game.

not to mention one you haven't played yet.

let that sink in. your feelings got hurt over a video game. one you haven't played. you're defending an inanimate object.
    I received some nasty comments from anonymous people myself, over what exactly? Was I rude in any way? If so I apologize. I was just having a discussion with people and apparently if you prefer a particular game over their favorite games, they can't handle it.

I received so much negative feedback for this. Even after the fact I was honest with everyone and said I thought Batman was a better game then Uncharted 3, after finishing both games for myself. I have no problem with admitting that a particular game is better then my favorite trilogy. I think some people would never admit that, the maturity level from some posters on here is pretty low.

I agree, I like Dark Souls way more then Skyrim. I just played it for a couple of hours today at my buddies house, since he pre-ordered it. I didn't enjoy it at all to be honest, I really really tried to like it though.

The environment is absolutely stunning, and it is extremely vast. However, I had a big issue with the game-play and its character design. This looks like a damn PS2 game in regards to character design. I seen a lot of lagging going on as my friend was showing me the environment. I can see why so many people enjoy these type of games because the amount of content in this game made me a little dizzy. It's definitely a game you invest a lot of time in, but like I've stated already; RPG's don't suit my personal preference.

I will definitely not be getting this game; fighting dragons, collecting spells and interacting with non-playable characters isn't something I value in a game.

I guess I'll be receiving more negative feedback for expressing my honest opinion.

By the way, this game is obviously a masterpiece by the reception it is getting. Maybe I'm being too closed minded. Too many people enjoy role-playing games and all the critics (and gamers) have nothing but positive things to say about Skyrim.

Hope you guys enjoy it immensely.
    By the way, I am looking forward to Hitman: Absolution, that game looks phenomenal. Also, I am anticipating Max Payne 3 as it is one of my all-time favorite trilogies. The lack of hype about this game kind of makes me worried, but hopefully it doesn't disappoint. Not sure I like what they did to Max's appearance (being bald headed now) and choosing Brazil as their destination. Uhm, we'll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Well there goes your Dark Souls playing.....
    No, it wont sway me from dark souls. i wont be playing skyrim that long because everything will take a backseat once skyward is released. If it makes you feel better i will at least finish dark souls before skyrim.

Yes.

I dont know about greatest game of all time since that has to be ranked contextually for the time that the game actually came out. I would say goldeneye or ff7 or a few others are my greatest games of all time but with about 15 hours played so far Skyrim is my game of the year by a landslide. The amount of content and detail in this game is just staggering, the graphics and sound are amazing, aside from bugs and glitches its the best RPG I have played in a while.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    I dont know about greatest game of all time since that has to be ranked contextually for the time that the game actually came out. I would say goldeneye or ff7 or a few others are my greatest games of all time but with about 15 hours played so far Skyrim is my game of the year by a landslide. The amount of content and detail in this game is just staggering, the graphics and sound are amazing, aside from bugs and glitches its the best RPG I have played in a while.
    Same. Didn't quite surpass Mass Effect 1&2 as my fav games ever but it's right there with them and Dragon Age: Origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Same. Didn't quite surpass Mass Effect 1&2 as my fav games ever but it's right there with them and Dragon Age: Origins.
    GTA San Andreas and GTA 4 are another 2 that are among my all time favorites. I still think GTA 5 is a figment of my imagination from heaven and i will awake from this dream and it wont exist.

Skyrim is just insane though. The amount of content really is just absurd.
    Last edited by KeylessEntry; 11-14-2011 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/mass-effect-2

I know you're not a fan of the direction of Bioware but both Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Origins are RPG classics at least when it comes to modern WRPG's. Both incredibly epic and high quality games. Dragon Age Origins is still like 17 bucks used at Gamestop after nearly 3 years to give you an idea of the demand people have for it.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-14-2011 at 01:40 AM.

goat game

for me its the greatest game ever
    im only in about 3 hours and its really starting to get good wont be playing nothing else until witcher 2 comes out
    my top 5 games
    skyrim
    oblivion
    dragon age origins
    darks souls
    dragon age 2
    dont hate i just really like playing only rpg games

Quote Originally Posted by Miserio

goat game

Hell yes this game was amazing as well, definitely one of my goats. I probably could still do all sabins blitzes if someone handed me a controller right now. I gotta add fallout 3 to my list also, it does lack in a lot of ways but I love it too much.