Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast

Default Re: Mysterious Death of Elisa Lam

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    Honestly i think she was drugged and maybe suicide? As someone posted, how are you gonna take 115lbs climbing up that ladder into the tank? Unless there are other means of getting in there?
    If she climbed up there herself on the ladder.. how come the ladder wasn't left on the water tank? How would she have climbed up there.. get into the water tank.. and then move the ladder back to its original place?

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Honestly i think she was drugged and maybe suicide? As someone posted, how are you gonna take 115lbs climbing up that ladder into the tank? Unless there are other means of getting in there?

if reports are correct that she was naked in the tank, where are her clothes?

shhhhhhh

It's not that much. Firefighters have to carry loads like that up ladders much higher than that. If you're big enough and fit enough it's certainly not an insurmountable challenge

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    The roof was locked, so there would of been no way she could of went there on her own because there was an alarm that needed to be deactivated.

I just don't see how she could pull this off being so wacked out of her mind.

I don't think the body was placed in there by climbing a ladder; there was a platform that a person could stand on and drop the body in there.

Being murdered fits a lot more nicely with the facts.

- the platform ( actually a supply room/elevator repair roof) is only accessed by climbing a 20' vertical ladder..no way an average person could carry a 115lbs body up a vertical 20' ladder.

- not sure if the roof access door was locked or not...not even sure if the alarm was working.

- the roof also has 2 roof hatches..that you could access through most likely the 15 th floor.

- roof also has graffitti in many places...not sure how secure it was?

- I do believe she was placed there by someone else though.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    If she climbed up there herself on the ladder.. how come the ladder wasn't left on the water tank? How would she have climbed up there.. get into the water tank.. and then move the ladder back to its original place?

there was a wooden ladder used by maintenance person that always stayed next to the tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    It's not that much. Firefighters have to carry loads like that up ladders much higher than that. If you're big enough and fit enough it's certainly not an insurmountable challenge

average person could carry 115lbs body up a few steps of a ladder....

no way they could carry a body more then that.

Firefighters carry packs....not bodys( on thier shoulder) up a ladder .....they have ropes and stretchers for that.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    average person could carry 115lbs body up a few steps of a ladder....

no way they could carry a body more then that.

Firefighters carry packs....not bodys( on thier shoulder) up a ladder .....they have ropes and stretchers for that.
    Sounds about right but that's all you need you only need a couple steps up the ladder. The tank is 10 feet tall, toss the person in a fireman's carry and take two or 3 steps up and dump the corpse.

Speaking of firemen they have to carry 110 pounds of equipment up a 35 foot ladder in their tests, that's not including their backpack

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    The roof was locked, so there would of been no way she could of went there on her own because there was an alarm that needed to be deactivated.
    Fire escape

Meh, this is a death that will probably go unsolved.

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    Sounds about right but that's all you need you only need a couple steps up the ladder. The tank is 10 feet tall, toss the person in a fireman's carry and take two or 3 steps up and dump the corpse.

Speaking of firemen they have to carry 110 pounds of equipment up a 35 foot ladder in their tests, that's not including their backpack

you have a link?

also..is the equipment in a pack?..have handles?..strapped to them?..

balancing a 115lbs body on your shoulder...climbing wth 1 arm....is not the same as carrying equipment..with handles or a pack.

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

Any of you guys seen or held a hockey bag before?

I just saw my buddys last night...he had it over one shoulder...but was definitely carrying it with the side of his hip too.

The bag is humungous! I'm not saying it would be easy to carry that with 115lbs in it....but that would definitely make carrying that much weight much less awkward. A small women's body could easily fit into it.

Come to think of it.....months ago I made the very same comment saying "you're girl's so tiny she could probably fit in there"

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

And who is to say all this isn't premeditated? Sooo in that respect, I don't think it's far fetched someone dumped her there....and planned it in a way to make their life easier.

And what if the murder had an accomplice? HUH?

PS - WTF is up with the slow updates on this case? I've heard nothing...
    I really want to hear about this alarm and whether it's functioning properly. Someone suggesting a staff member doing this really hit home with me.

Poor Girl. RIP.

If there aren't really any witnesses or leads, then updates are going to be slow. Toxicology reports take time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    If there aren't really any witnesses or leads, then updates are going to be slow. Toxicology reports take time.
    Probably too many shady people who live in that hotel. No one wants to come forward as a witness.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

any new news on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

My first instinct on the drug front is that she may have been into the ecstacy scene. That will raise your body temp and make you crave water in a way that would make you do something like jump into a water tower.

I've jumped off small bridges into streams of unknown depths on that stuff. The problem is is that that is a social drug, and it doesn't make sense she'd be there on her own if that was the scene she was into. That generally goes for most hallucinagenics. Heroine is an isolation drug, but she doesn't strike me as particularly strung out.

Analysis of the video released soon after Elisa Lam disappeared from the Cecil hotel in Los Angeles suggests the Canadian tourist may have been under the influence of ecstasy when she vanished.

Lam's body was found floating in the hotel's water tank on 19 February, and it is thought the corpse could have been there for up to 19 days.

CCTV footage of Lam in the elevator, released by the Los Angeles Police Department, has now been analysed by club-drug expert Trinka Porrata.

When asked about the possibility of drug use, Porrata told LA Weekly that it is "hard to say." However she said Lam's behavior does show signs of the influence of Ecstasy.

"She's "petting" something and then dancing a bit. Could be an Ecstasy pill that contains MDMA plus some other hallucinogen," Porrata said.

"Getting into the corner of the elevator and looking out repeatedly could seem like paranoia or just part of her hallucination. Hard to say from just that little bit. Even harder of course to guess whether it was something she took voluntarily or was slipped to her.

"Ecstasy IS considered a rape drug but so many pills called Ecstasy [are often] a mixture or something else completely that they don't get the desired effects for a sexual assault," Porrata added.

The analyst also said that people under the influence of MDMA can have hallucinations and there is a possibility of them wandering away to strange places. However, she asserted that Lam's decision to head up to the hotel water tank is not the typical behaviour of a person on Ecstasy.

According to Porrata, the water tank was "a weird place to end up," unless Lam reached the tank involuntarily. However "people under the influence of [the hallucinogen] PCP may like going near water. It does have a "tendency to 'attract' people to water."

After an initial autopsy proved inconclusive, a toxicology result is likely to confirm whetherLam was actually under the influence of any drug. This may take another four to six weeks.

Trinka D. Porrata, after 25 years working with the LAPD, currently works nationwide and internationally as a private drug consultant, providing instruction, legislative support, and expert testimony regarding various drug issues, especially GHB, ketamine, flunitrazepam, LSD and MDMA, and drug facilitated sexual assaults.
    [QUOTE]
    Meanwhile, a BBC report suggests that American actor Robert Conrad gave a couple from Plymouth $500 (