Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Ricky Rubio just said that he wont go to the nba if grizziles draft him

Quote Originally Posted by STelfair31
    watched him play..nothing spectacular about him. and his attitude about wanting to play pisses me off.

He was spectacular in the 2008 Olympics, and he's a solid player in the Euroleague.

If I am Rubio i stay with the Grizzlies because they have a very bright future with Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol and OJ Mayo playing on his team.

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

Default Re: Ricky Rubio just said that he wont go to the nba if grizziles draft him

Quote Originally Posted by Durant35
    He was spectacular in the 2008 Olympics, and he's a solid player in the Euroleague.

If I am Rubio i stay with the Grizzlies because they have a very bright future with Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol and OJ Mayo playing on his team.
    Can you tell me how he was SPECTACULAR in the Olympics?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
    He made some great plays in the Gold Medal Round. He might not be as impressive as Patrick Mills, but he held his own againts the best players in the NBA.

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

He made some great plays in the Gold Medal Round. He might not be as impressive as Patrick Mills, but he held his own againts the best players in the NBA.
    SOLID not SPECTACULAR....shot 28% from field.....

Quote Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
    He was in some games. The China one for example, his D on that match was incredible.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    He was in some games. The China one for example, his D on that match was incredible.
    I've seen Rubio and he seems like a solid player, but shutting down some scrub guard on the Chinese national team isn't really that impressive. (Note China has good big men, but crap guards. )

Quote Originally Posted by C-Webb4
    If I was Griffin I would do the same thing in regards to the Clippers.
    The difference is, that Rubio is already playing professionally, and getting paid well. Griffin isn't making a cripple crab cent right now

I'd love for him to come over here, and get a taste of what a real league is.

I gaurantee he'd be tossed around.

I am Chris Wilcox

Great, more reasons to hate on the Grizzlies. Like this sh!t isn't getting old already.

I'd rather have Conley anyway. Having Rubio, Mayo and Gay on the same team wouldn't work too well. Let me have Conley as the PG and and use the 2nd pick to get a solid PF and I'll be happy.

This whole Rubio hysteria is funny to me. Nobody is even talking about Johny Flynn, who will be a better point guard on the NBA level than Rubio ever would be. In any head-to-head, Flynn would own him.

Rubio better get smart and stay over in Spain.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Great, more reasons to hate on the Grizzlies. Like this sh!t isn't getting old already.

I'd rather have Conley anyway. Having Rubio, Mayo and Gay on the same team wouldn't work too well. Let me have Conley as the PG and and use the 2nd pick to get a solid PF and I'll be happy.

I hope the Grizzlies draft Jordan Hill. He's a very hardworking guy, and solid rebounder in College.

C- Marc Gasol
    F- Jordan Hill
    F- Rudy Gay
    G- OJ Mayo
    G- Mike Conley Jr.

That's a 38 win team in the Western Conference, and a future playoffs contender.

I am Chris Wilcox

I hope the Grizzlies draft Jordan Hill. He's a very hardworking guy, and solid rebounder in College.

C- Marc Gasol
    F- Jordan Hill
    F- Rudy Gay
    G- OJ Mayo
    G- Mike Conley Jr.

That's a 38 win team in the Western Conference, and a future playoffs contender.
    If the Grizz keep the 2nd pick, then it's going to be Thabeet or Rubio and then trade him. Heisley wants Thabeet more than anyone and considering he is the biggest cry baby of them all, I expect to see that lumbering tower in a Grizz uni next season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jinsanity
    I've seen Rubio and he seems like a solid player, but shutting down some scrub guard on the Chinese national team isn't really that impressive. (Note China has good big men, but crap guards. )
    What the hell does that mean?

Chris Paul & Deron Williams didnt look like All Stars in Beiging either.

Banned

C- Marc Gasol
    F- Jordan Hill
    F- Rudy Gay
    G- OJ Mayo
    G- Mike Conley Jr.

Nah Jordan Hill isnt that much of an impact player, hes not going to come in and change our team.

He just fills a need at the 4 of a good rebounder, and a capable low post scorer.

Banned

There is no reason he has to play for the Grizzlies, This Franchise has been around for almost 15 years and there has never been a good reason for anyone to think they are going into a good situation for their careers.

We have a good young nucles currently of Mayo-Gay-Gasol-Conley but until we have an owner willing to spend money to add other necessary pieces to make us a contendor then we cant be sure how far they can go.