Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Russell Westbrook-Biggest Draft Bust

[QUOTE=Interminator]Great bump.

Shows everyone how clueless each of us is before the NBA Draft and the season.

no, just you.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore jc23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swyftdahoe
    lol I know this thread was started way long ago so I won't say anything..
    But Westbrook has a chance to be the best player in this draft.. His physical gifts at pg is unmatched in the league.. Best physical tools of any point guard..
    He has great physical tools but better than Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by utahjazzrock
    He's proved so many of us wrong.
    Shouldnt have declared him bust before season even started but-not only is he not a bust, but he is a great ROY candidate this year.
    This could be the closest ROY race in quite a while.
    Its 4-man.
    Mayo, Rose, Westbrook, then dont underrate Brook Lopez.
    There is no way Westbrook has a prayer for ROY with his 40% FG average.

In reality it's a two man race, Rose or Mayo. The other guys are just honorable mentions

I think Westbrook is a really good player, and is definitely a big suprise. Saying he's in the conversation to be ROY is just going too far.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by jc23
    He has great physical tools but better than Rose.
    Actually, I do think so. He's more athletic than Rose. It's just hard to see that 'cuz he's nowhere near as refined as a point guard.

Decent playground baller 76ers4life's Avatar

How can you come up with the biggest draft bust. The guy can play he isn't no deron or Cp3 but the kid can play.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

This dude should insert foot in mouth, Westbrook has proved hes a player

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Undersized SG slasher who will spend the early part of his career trying to be molded into a PG and will struggle because he doesn't possess the instincts and vision to be a successful NBA PG.

You're talking about a 3* prospect out of HS who even in HS was an undersized slashing SG.

Westbrook is a slashing Monta Ellis type of SG but Monta Ellis has a track record of being a big time scorer who can create his own shot but Russell on the other hand never scored more than 22 Pts since the end of his HS career.

Westbrook is not comparable with Randy Foye another undersized SG who was attempted to be molded into a PG because Randy Foye is a stronger and more athletic 2 who enjoys to draw contact but can shoot from the outside and create his own shot.

Westbrook has emerged as a Top 10 pick although he was considered a player who could've gone between 16-25 just 6 weeks ago and him possibly going to New York at #6 or anywhere in the lottery will draw a microscope to his progression.

Russell unlike the other Guards in this draft class doesn't have something he's so good at that it can keep him employed in the NBA,his defense is good sometimes but it's been overlooked that Ben Howland teaches his players great zone defense and Russell is potentially a product of that defensive scheme.

Russell has quick hands and can get a steal or two but how he'll be able to fair in a man to man defense against much stronger PG's such as Baron Davis,Deron Williams,Jason Kidd,Chauncey,etc on the defensive end is in doubt.

I'm sorry but Russell Westbrook will be the 1st player from this draft class who will be out of the league.
    Haha, did Russel shut you up or did he shut you up?

This far he is averaging 16 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds and 1.5 steals, HAHA! BUST?

haha..

Damn dude is a beast

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    haha..

Damn dude is a beast
    How?

If he was actually playing on a team that people watched he'd be considered overrated.

How?

If he was actually playing on a team that people watched he'd be considered overrated.
    You're going from "he'll be the first player of this draft out of the league" to "if he was on a team people watched he'd be considered overrated". You can't save your sorry thread.

Quote Originally Posted by swyftdahoe
    lol I know this thread was started way long ago so I won't say anything..
    But Westbrook has a chance to be the best player in this draft.. His physical gifts at pg is unmatched in the league.. Best physical tools of any point guard..
    whoa he won't be better then Rose or Mayo but this is why Interminator is stupid

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    You're going from "he'll be the first player of this draft out of the league" to "if he was on a team people watched he'd be considered overrated". You can't save your sorry thread.
    You do realize I made this thread before the Draft?

The Draft is a crapshoot, I can accept being wrong because nobody is always right.

Westbrook is the worst starting PG in the NBA in terms of running an offense.

He's an undersized slashing 2 in the body and role of a PG.

Quote Originally Posted by eprizzle14
    This dude should insert foot in mouth, Westbrook has proved hes a player
    Mike Taylor also beasted after he said Gabe Pruitt(who is nothing more than a benchwarmer, 11th-15th guy) . Goes to show who knows what they are talking about and who is clueless.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Mike Taylor also beasted after he said Gabe Pruitt(who is nothing more than a benchwarmer, 11th-15th guy) . Goes to show who knows what they are talking about and who is clueless.
    You're still marinating over that.

I know what I'm talking about, you don't have to believe it.

Whats funny is that I agree with you or you agree with me on most things regarding basketball but because I don't view Taylor as highly as you do I now have no clue what I'm talking about.

You do realize I made this thread before the Draft?

The Draft is a crapshoot, I can accept being wrong because nobody is always right.

Westbrook is the worst starting PG in the NBA in terms of running an offense.

He's an undersized slashing 2 in the body and role of a PG.
    Saying he'll be a bust is one thing. Saying he'll be the first player out of the league is just stupid.