Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Rip Hamilton is a Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    That's definitely gone both ways. Wade torched that Pistons team twice in the playoffs. That was back when Hamilton wasn't in his 30's.

Besides, with Shane Battier they can rotate him, Wade and LeBron on RIP. Battier probably gets the nod the most.
    Shane Battier must be one of the most overrated defenders in a long time. I'm a big fan I really like him as a player, he was one of my favourite players when he was with Houston. But his defense gets constantly overrated, he wasn't even the best defender in Houston, Chuckwagon was..

Back to topic, I like this signing alot for the Bulls, even though Rip ain't in his prime he still can ball.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    3 years sucks but I guess if you didnt give him 3 he would have gone elsewhere and you'd be stuck with Bogans who DOESNT belong in the NBA. Atleast starting.
    3rd year is a team option, partially guaranteed.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    As a Bulls fan, I like that you picked my team, but I'm holding off until I see how they play and gel together.
    They're a good team. It's just that it's going to come down again to Rose having to be the best player in four games out of seven against Miami. The problem is that Miami has two players that are, at the very least, as good as Rose is.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Shane Battier must be one of the most overrated defenders in a long time. I'm a big fan I really like him as a player, he was one of my favourite players when he was with Houston. But his defense gets constantly overrated, he wasn't even the best defender in Houston, Chuckwagon was..
    Me saying that Miami would put Battier on Hamilton is overrating him? Battier figures to be apart of Miami's crunch time lineup and I'd imagine Wade or LeBron would be checking Rose. Makes sense to me that Wade would take Rose, Battier would check Hamilton and LeBron would cover Deng.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Me saying that Miami would put Battier on Hamilton is overrating him? Battier figures to be apart of Miami's crunch time lineup and I'd imagine Wade or LeBron would be checking Rose. Makes sense to me that Wade would take Rose, Battier would check Hamilton and LeBron would cover Deng.
    Rose would have an advatage over Wade in this case. Someone would have to help oout which means someone is going to be open.

They're a good team. It's just that it's going to come down again to Rose having to be the best player in four games out of seven against Miami. The problem is that Miami has two players that are, at the very least, as good as Rose is.
    Are people still holding onto this "star player" slant after the Finals?

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    Rose would have an advatage over Wade in this case. Someone would have to help oout which means someone is going to be open.
    Then you slide LeBron over and let Battier take Deng.

By the way, I wasn't really as sold on the Battier deal as others, but talking about how Miami can match up with other teams does make it look really intriguing.

Take against Boston, now Wade or LeBron can take Rondo and put Battier on either Allen or Pierce. Going to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    After the Finals? 9 times out 10, the team with the best stars wins. That's just NBA history.

Great pickup for the bulls. They officially have no weakness. Maybe you could say they're young. Which is another thing hamilton brings. Championship experience.

But look at the other teams

The heat still need a big, and have no bench and pg.

The knicks need a pg and have no bench

The celtics are old.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Great pickup for the bulls. They officially have no weakness. Maybe you could say they're young. Which is another thing hamilton brings. Championship experience.

But look at the other teams

The knicks need a pg and have no bench

The celtics are old.
    Who did the Heat beat in the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    If Miami starts Chalmers, Wade, LeBron, Bosh and Anthony then they'll have Battier, Jones, Miller and Haslem coming off the bench. That's not great, but it's not horrible like last season. The Bulls will have Korver, Gibson, Brewer and Asik. That's better, but not remarkably so.

Not airballing my layups anymore

RIP sucks and is washed up. Bulls will never win a title with this current team.

Which is why we needed a competant SG. Just think of all those open shots bogans missed. Korvers defense affected his offense. I don't see that being a problem with hamiton.

I just hope thibs utilizes boozer in the post more. As well as in pick and roll situations with rose.

If Miami starts Chalmers, Wade, LeBron, Bosh and Anthony then they'll have Battier, Jones, Miller and Haslem coming off the bench. That's not great, but it's not horrible like last season. The Bulls will have Scals, Korver, Gibson, Brewer and Asik. That's better, and remarkably so.
    fixed.