Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Obama sets a food stamp record...AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    would you rather live in a country that has welfare and social programs or a country that has slum villages with huge populations? I love the belief that if you take away welfare poor people will magically disappear or they will magically find work.
    LOL, churches and private charities would cover the loss of welfare.
    Last edited by longhornfan1234; 12-11-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    LOL, churches and private charities would cover the lost of welfare.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

That's not what he said, though. I'm 22.
    well, if you want the numbers, just type how many walmart employees receive foodstamps into google. and you will find that walmart employees are the largest group on healthcare assistance and foodstamps in every state with available data.

So, we let these companies operate by paying their employees so little that they all qualify for federal assistance (effectively subsidizing walmarts labor costs) and you have the audacity to call those on assistance the leeches?

SMFH at you. Still planning on staying on your parent's health insurance until age 26 while lambasting the affordable care act? Typical republican hypocrite. The reddest states have the highest federal $ coming back to them and the largest % of citizens on public assistance. Now, the curb federal spending governors of those states are scared shitless that the fiscal cliff will cause them to lose billions in funding. what kind of funding? oh yeah, federal funding.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

LOL, churches and private charities would cover the lost of welfare.
    And I'm sure you've seen studies and statistics that show churches hand out all of this money to feed the hungry. There's nothing funny about your ignorance. Just admit that you don't care about the less fortunate. Lot's of people are callous, don't worry, you aren't alone.
    Last edited by Real Men Wear Green; 12-11-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

LOL, churches and private charities would cover the loss of welfare.

ahh the mind of a child. So full of wonder and hope.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    ahh the mind of a child. So full of wonder and hope.
    Instead of having people choose to give to the poor, Democrats think they should force them too. The mind of a child, hopes that that can be sustained.

Quote Originally Posted by Math2
    Instead of having people choose to give to the poor, Democrats think they should force them too. The mind of a child, hopes that that can be sustained.
    Republicans believe in "forcing people to give to other" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    Its well documented that walmart encourages their employees to get on public assistance, right down to corporate memos in the break room.

Also, I was on food stamps once. As a graduate student with a wife and small child, it was of invaluable help at that time of my life. Honestly, how old are you? You seem to have a very sheltered worldview and limited life experience.
    If by "well documented" you mean "made up by some union person or anti-corporate dickhole with an agenda", I'll believe it. Source this with a photo of a corporate memo in a break room saying this. Eight years I've spent in and out of many different Walmart stores and such a foolish thing has NEVER been on a break room wall in the dozens of stores I've spent time in.
    Last edited by Derka; 12-11-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    If by "well documented" you mean "made up by some union person or anti-corporate dickhole with an agenda", I'll believe it. Source this with a photo of a corporate memo in a break room saying this. Eight years I've spent in and out of many different Walmart stores and such a foolish thing has NEVER been on a break room wall in the dozens of stores I've spent time in.
    Politifact take on this

I didn't see anything about corporate memo's encouraging this and didn't bother to dig for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Math2
    On sustainability it shocks me that any American can make a point about what can be sustained. The entire American economy is built on unsustainable consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    Politifact take on this

I didn't see anything about corporate memo's encouraging this and didn't bother to dig for it.
    That part sounds like complete shit to me.

Walmart's no angel, but they're certainly not the devil that organized labor and the media like to make them out to be. Labor's interest in Walmart has exactly squat to do with helping associates and everything to do with one thing only: 1.4 million people in the US forking up union dues; people who are already underpaid and won't be guaranteed any substantial pay raise due to any union effort.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    On sustainability it shocks me that any American can make a point about what can be sustained. The entire American economy is built on unsustainable consumption.
    this guy right here.... i like this guy

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Regardless of any kind of blame game or fault, this statistic is troubling...

1970's: 1 out of 50 on food stamps

Now: 1 out of 6.5 on food stamps

So... before "Trickle Down" economics were implemented in the early 80's, everyone was better off?

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    That part sounds like complete shit to me.

Walmart's no angel, but they're certainly not the devil that organized labor and the media like to make them out to be. Labor's interest in Walmart has exactly squat to do with helping associates and everything to do with one thing only: 1.4 million people in the US forking up union dues; people who are already underpaid and won't be guaranteed any substantial pay raise due to any union effort.

You don't know what unions actually do, do you?

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    Politifact take on this

the memo may have been an isolated incident (and was from in house management IIRC). Regardless, there is a reason why the largest user of public assistance in every state with data are walmart employees. Biggest money maker in the world, and they are subsidizing their labor costs with govt assistance.