Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Will Dark Knight Rises break Avengers recently set box office record?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    I'm not denying that Bane is formidable.

I'm saying he isn't as good a character as the Joker. And I doubt anyone surpasses Ledger's performance in this film. Those two things made TDK.

Well all of that and the Harvey Dent saga but that got kinda lame at the end too.
    We haven't seen the movie or had any reviews out yet, a bit premature to say that. Everyone who was involved in the project who has spoken out about it is raving about the film, especially Gary Oldman:

"We're going out with a bang"

"Epic story... it has to be to top TDK"

I've had my theory for how it ends for a while and if I'm right, a lot of minds will be blown. But I have patience, I'm sure Nolan and co. won't let us down

Default Re: Will Dark Knight Rises break Avengers recently set box office record?

No, it won't. It probably won't even out do TDK at the box office.

But Dark Knight Rises will be better than both. Watch.

best thing it has going for it is that it's a summer movie and tons of families will be off work/school.

DKR doesn't have the various cast that all types of people can latch onto one way or another. when it comes to the more hardcore comic books types, DKR is catered much more to that group with subject matter. so it will alienate some with the fact it is not as 'mainstream'.

it won't have the same heath ledger buzz behind it but i think after such strong movies to start the series, many will be just as excited. tough to call...i say it's at least close, but probably not

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    We haven't seen the movie or had any reviews out yet, a bit premature to say that. Everyone who was involved in the project who has spoken out about it is raving about the film, especially Gary Oldman:

I've had my theory for how it ends for a while and if I'm right, a lot of minds will be blown. But I have patience, I'm sure Nolan and co. won't let us down
    how do you think this ends?

College star

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59

I think Batman and The Dark Knight have much greater name recognition with the general public, due to decades of Batman Movies and the success of The Dark Knight on video.

I worked in a comic book store in college and I had trouble remembering who was in The Avengers, the first time I heard about the movie.

Prometheus will be better then both

Bump.

I'd like to hear DonDadda's theory for TDKR's conclusion.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    Prometheus will be better then both
    Yep, but not in the box office.

Avengers brings in Hulk fans, Iron Man fans, Thor fans, and Captain America fans. If you are a fan of any one of those, you will go see Avengers. Dark Knight Rises pretty much only brings in Batman fans (and Nolan fans). Batman probably has more fans than any one of those other superheroes, but not collectively, and that is the main reason why it won't bring in as much money (lack of 3D also hurts box office wise)

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Avengers was no where near as good as the DK, who cares about box office? Avengers I believe is for more age groups so therefore naturally more people can see it.

It was a slightly better version then the transformers, not as polished as the DK was. I am hyped as shot for the "return".

Form a ****ing wall DetroitPiston's Avatar

Doubt it and I'm a huge Batman fan. Agree that Bane as a villain won't have the same appeal, unless it's the Bane from the Knightfall saga.

Marvel's been a lot better at marketing their stuff than DC has, too.

Real Men watch CBM

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Bump.

You really want spoilers?

From going through a lot of Nolan/Batman sites and from all the facts and inside info gathered this is likely the ending (again it's speculation but it's as close as how it may really end based on all the facts they gathered).

[COLOR="White"]Batman supposedly perishes during his fight (Bane is either arrested or likely gets killed accidentally or by his own stupidness - how Batman's villains normally kick the bucket). But of course the truth is, Batman never really dies, instead he will make it look like he did (the same way "Bourne Ultimatum" ends with people believing Jason Bourne is dead, but isn't).

From there, John Blake takes up Batman's place as Gotham's new white knight - something Batman wanted from TDK with Harvey Dent. Film ends with Bruce Wayne basically retiring, and Gotham having a new protector no longer needing Batman.

Oh yeah Bane breaks Batman's leg, not his back.[/COLOR]
    Again, that's all their speculation based on what they've gathered.
    Last edited by Jordan-esque; 05-10-2012 at 07:23 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPiston
    Doubt it and I'm a huge Batman fan. Agree that Bane as a villain won't have the same appeal, unless it's the Bane from the Knightfall saga.
    Even Bane from Knightfall isn't enough. Hardcore Batman fans are going whether it is Joker, Bane, or Ventriloquist. The issue is that casual fans know who Joker is but have no idea who Bane is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Bump.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS (Just my personal theory, no insider info whatsoever...)

(More possible spoiler) *Also add the part of the latest trailer where Catwoman says something along the lines of 'You don't owe these people, you've given them everything', Batman responds 'not everything... not yet'

i saw the dark knight movie in theaters about 4 times... just saw avengers tonight and will prob see it again at least once more. that being said, i will likely watch the dark knight returns twice in theaters and i dont see it breaking the last batman movies opening weekend, but its not as if 150 mill opening weekend is bad or anything