View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 03:27 AM   #153
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: The hypocrisy of hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt
If I based my world perspective off what gets said on this board or by sports writers then that would be stupid. Lol.

Are Doc Rivers and KJ looked at as thugs to the general public? What about Barkley and Shaq? Not every player who fights in the nba is considered a thug. Bottom line. In fact when was the last time fights broke out in the NBA and people started playing the thug card?

If we are basing our perspectives off of message board trolls, and dipshit sports writers paid to ruffle feathers, then you can find ignorant comments on almost about anything.

no.. its more of an amalgamation of people I know and media and websites like this one right here

another thing I have learned (especially regarding the NBA) is that perceptions change with time...

I can remember when Scottie Pippen was hated because he refused to go into a play that was designed for toni Kuoc.. People swore he would never live it down, but he did..

Kobe? rape charges? he lived those down.. So Im saying that opinions change and I am mostly speaking of visceral reactions than long lasting opinions of players

people love shaq and Barkley now.. they are hall of famers... But barkley was pariah at times in his career (he deserved some of it, but he lived it down)

Im just saying that society is pretty quick to make a mountain out of a molehill when it comes to fighting in some sports, but not others
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote