Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Default Re: True or False: Brandon Jennings 2010 All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101
    Do you really believe that Jennings' numbers are going to look like that at the end of the season?
    Of course not....they'll be better than that!!!!

Saw a basketball once

True.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    Why? No rookies from other years are going to time travel to the present to compete with Jennings for the 2010 eastern conference backup guard spot. The only important question is who deserves the spot more amongst Jennings, Arenas, Rose, Rondo, Nelson, Carter, Allen, Johnson.

Really doesn't matter what Lebron, or Paul, or Stockton, or Bob Cousy did as rookies.

I bet you the coaches of the Warriors and Nuggets are going to think long and hard about giving him a vote already. Maybe the list will keep growing.
    Do you really think that the only issue at hand here is whether or not he deserves it?

Ever heard of rookies not getting the benefit of calls? Ever heard of rookies being forced to do embarrasing things by the team simply because they are rookies?

If he was a second year player then it would be just a question of merit but he isn't a second year player.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Of course not....they'll be better than that!!!!
    How much better? Give me his stats.

I usually hit open layups

If Jennings continues to play at this level, it would be too hard to ignore, rookie or not. I doubt he would get voted in by the fans though. That would probably go to VC and D-Wade.

When LBJ was a rookie he was putting up good stats but out of the guards that got voted by the coaches(which LBJ was initially), they generally did better than the rookie LBJ. Baron was playing well, it was Michael Redd's career year and don't have to explain J-Kidd. And LBJ struggled initially when he first came into the NBA because Paul Silas played him at PG and he kept getting burnt on defence, especially at PG. e was a mediocre defender back then if you don't know. LBJ did much better after the all star break, particularly since he got moved to SG and hence achieving 20-5-5 by season's end. There was a much bigger fuss though about Kirilenko getting picked over rookie Carmelo.

3-Point Champion

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    You are the only idiot here. Just because you don't have the mental capacity to understand that coaches are highly unlikely to pick a rookie for the All-Star game doesn't mean that isn't the truth.

Lebron averaged 21 ppg, 5.5 rebounds and 6 assists his rookie year and didn't get in.

You probably aren't aware than Jennings hot start also means defense will be paying a little more attention to him after his 55 pt game, making it harder to maintain his average.
    No, you're the idiot. What the hell does LeBron James, Chris Paul or any other star that didn't make the allstar in their rookie season have to with Brandon Jennings? Huh moron? LeBron James wasn't the best SF in the eastern conference during his rookie season. Paul wasn't the best PG in the WC either. Jennings is putting up some of the best numbers in the league, let alone any eastern conference PG. Your point is moot.

3-Point Champion

Do you really think that the only issue at hand here is whether or not he deserves it?

Ever heard of rookies not getting the benefit of calls? Ever heard of rookies being forced to do embarrasing things by the team simply because they are rookies?

If he was a second year player then it would be just a question of merit but he isn't a second year player.
    One of the stupidest posts I've ever read on ISH.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dallaslonghorn
    Keep in mind ... there have been 10-12 games so far this season. So really it's to early to tell. Teams are just getting correct scouting reports on this guy.

Does he DESERVE to make it if we were doing All-Stars for this early in the season? Yes. WILL he end up making it in February? Maybe, that depends a lot on politics and which teams have the most wins, since coaches seem wedded to the idea of rewarding good teams w/absurd picks (see Mo Williams last year).

After watching him play the Mavs last night, he reminds me a lot of Steve Nash. He's a great shooter who can pull-up or shoot a floater in the lane at will, yet he hardly ever forces the action and looks to get his teammates involved. Really at 20 years old the only holes in his game are on defense, some of which will be fixed through experience, some of which will haunt him his whole career (small and slight frame).
    bucks have only played in 8 games

Good High School Starter Rafael Delaget's Avatar

Please name the last rookie to make the All-Star team.
    Please name the last rookie to score 55 points in a game.

Raps, Jazz, and UCONN rosonviyavong's Avatar

At this rate hes playing ..why not? Especially if at the break the Bucks are in playoff contention than he should defenitely be in the ASG

Quote Originally Posted by B-Diddy=2Easy
    One of the stupidest posts I've ever read on ISH.
    you are obviously an idiot. if you don't have the mental capacity to understand that there is a bias against picking rookies for the All-Star team then that is your problem, not mine. Do you really think All-Stars are picked solely on credentials?

Not only is there a bias against rookies there is also a bias against first timers. It is obvious that you need to have much better credentials to make the All-Star team the first time than to be a returning All-Star. Just look at how hard it was for Melo to make it the first time.

However there have been so many cases of underserving returning All-Stars it is a joke. I am a Hawks fan and JJ is my favorite player but i was stunned when he made it last year since he was in a major slump.

I would have no problem with it if Jennings did make it but i think it is far more likely that an underserving veteran would make it over a deserving rookie. I think Mo Williams has a far better chance of making it than Jennings because he has made it before.
    Last edited by tontoz; 11-17-2009 at 08:45 PM.

As far as i can tell the last rookie to make the All-Star team was Tim Duncan.

The closest comparison to Jennings would be Iverson. he averaged 23.5/7.5 in his rookie year and didn't make the All-Star team. However Joe Dumars did averaging 14.7/4.0. And lets not forget the immortal Terrell Brandon.

BDiddy do you think Brandon and Dumars deserved to make it over Iverson?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

wow 8 games and the guy is already talked about as an ALL-STAR great

8 GAMES

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101
    How much better? Give me his stats.
    I was obviously being sarcastic...but as you wish.

28/7/6

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    I was obviously being sarcastic...but as you wish.

28/7/6
    I know that you were being sarcastic. I expected you to say 40/15/13.