Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast
    Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default Re: Scathing Letter from Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    LeBron couldn't bring a ring to Cleveland.

Don't get it twisted. At the end of the day, James failed to deliver on his pact to the city and opted for a short-cut to a title.
    True as that is it seems strange that he should say that when his best player walked out on him because the management wasn't doing it for him.

I think that to say that brings false hope as well. Although it'll be taken less seriously.

Decent playground baller the_chosen_1's Avatar

Never seen an owner this mad. Might be a price on his head.

Learning to shoot layups

So he admits to not trying as hard as possible to get a championship in Cleveland. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
    Cavs owner says Cleveland will win NBA title before LeBron? The man is obviously drunk.
    some people would go far trying to interpret this
    some of the thoughts are lil scary
    Last edited by zizozain; 07-09-2010 at 06:27 AM.

Decent playground baller novocaine's Avatar

This letter is ridiculous.

As a man who one day hopes to be an agent an represent players potentially could sign deals with this man, all I can say is this comment will be remembered long after this LeBron James saga. In the coming seasons if I were to be given identical contracts from Cleveland and another team, the determining factor could very well be the relationship with the owner and front office and who decides they want to go to a team that will blast you like this after choosing to exercise an option the team consented to and sign to another team.

This is a serious public relations mistake from the Cavs organization and if Gilbert knows whats best for him he will start trying to mend fences with players and representatives immediately.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease LbloodOjunkieG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Huh? Riding the Heat's nuts?

When you say 'Cleveland fans are arrogant,' are you talking about LeBron fans from around the country or around the world or true Clevelanders? Because there isn't a more loyal, more passionate fanbase in the country.

We didn't deserve this slap in the face. It was uncalled for and unnecessary.
    Is that right? Where was "the most passionate, loyal" fan base 7-8 years ago? Oh yea, NOT supporting the Cavaliers.

Didn't read through the thread...
    I guess he could wait a few hours to let his blood cool off a bit... before writing such words.
    And to think that probably a team of PRs DID sweeten his actual words!

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

No matter your opinion you almost have to respect the honesty. wow.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    As a man who one day hopes to be an agent an represent players potentially could sign deals with this man, all I can say is this comment will be remembered long after this LeBron James saga. In the coming seasons if I were to be given identical contracts from Cleveland and another team, the determining factor could very well be the relationship with the owner and front office and who decides they want to go to a team that will blast you like this after choosing to exercise an option the team consented to and sign to another team.

This is a serious public relations mistake from the Cavs organization and if Gilbert knows whats best for him he will start trying to mend fences with players and representatives immediately.

Also who is dilbert trying to fool. He got lucky with the ping pong balls. Everyone knew this free agency will reshape NBA teams. Was he sleeping??

All i can say is
    U MAD DILBERT??

Lebron was well entitled to sign elsewhere etc, shouldnt even have to give a reason publicly imo..

Only problem is how he went about it. The one hour special was way too over the top! He should have at least said to the owner or gm or whoever at the cavs that he wouldnt be back though.. Although it was pretty obvious he wanted to go somewhere and win, and the cavs have no chance...

I remember watching the cavs when they had kemp, anderson, knight , big z etc, no way they had all these "loyal" fans then. Asswipes

Will all these loyal fans show up next season to all the home games still?? Lets be honest there crowd was always pretty quiet and shit anyway.

Very unprofessional from gilbert Im sure FA will be lining up to sign there!!! Good luck in the lottery next year loser....

turns illusions for $ ShannonElements's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ_MVP09
    So he admits to not trying as hard as possible to get a championship in Cleveland. Nice.
    True. He's essentially saying "We weren't trying hard enough before, but now we'll try harder."

Quote Originally Posted by Quotable
    No matter your opinion you almost have to respect the honesty. wow.
    Not really. Venting your emotions on a public forum for the world to see is not respectable or applaudable. Its like when you break up with your girlfriend, you have 2 options when your asked about her - 1) speak about the good times and wish her the best and look like a mature adult or 2) tell your true feelings and come out looking like a butt-hurt child.

Gilbert chose the 2nd option.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Steve212's Avatar

Dan Gilbert has a right to be mad. He knows that the Cavs will return to the days of the "Ricky Davis Era", but this rant by him is gonna turn off alot of second tier free agents.

Not airballing my layups anymore Laxlen's Avatar

My question for Mr. Gilbert...why were there never any rumours of what the Cavs were doing to improve the team around LeBron?

I have no problem with LeBron choosing what he feels is the quickest way to an NBA championship...maybe Mr. Gilbert instead of playing the "Home Sweet Home" card you should have listened to what LeBron was clearing saying which is "give me some help".