Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default How to get out of your lease due to bad roommate?

Is there any way to get out of your lease due to roommate issues. My roommate is just extremely noisy and I don't even think he is enrolled in college anymore so he is constantly partying and it can be extremely disruptive at times. Is there anyway I could break my lease? I lived with him in the past for a year and he was fine, but I find him being excessively loud these days I mean he goes downtown 7 times a week it feels like.

Default Re: How to get out of your lease due to bad roommate?

You can probably get someone to take over your part of the lease but I can't imagine your going to get out of it for the reasons you stated.

Puck
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by phelix2000
    Is there any way to get out of your lease due to roommate issues. My roommate is just extremely noisy and I don't even think he is enrolled in college anymore so he is constantly partying and it can be extremely disruptive at times. Is there anyway I could break my lease? I lived with him in the past for a year and he was fine, but I find him being excessively loud these days I mean he goes downtown 7 times a week it feels like.
    What does your lease contract say on rules and lease-break agreement?

3-time NBA All-Star

I really, really, doubt the landlord or property owner would allow you to terminate your lease just because you don't get along with your roommate.

Your only options are to suck it up and make a better decision next time around, or search for someone to sublet.

Where do you live? And how long is your lease?

Where I live (Ontario), you only are required to sign a lease for your first year of tenancy, then you can legally go month to month on your rent. Landlords try and get you to renew the lease, but there's no requirement to do so. After your first year (and the expiration of the initial term of the lease), so long as you provide 60 days notice, you can leave at any time.

bosh gave me my jacket Hibachi!'s Avatar

I read the thread title and assumed it was bballer who posted it LOL

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I feel like I have done everything possible to help accommodate him. I just feel like I am constantly picking up after him, he never does the dishes, only cleans when friends come in town, plays his music at unbearable levels in the middle of the night, I think he is a complete wreck and there is no sense you can talk into this person.

find a soft spot on his head and punch him there

Puck
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Are you going to answer any of the questions or just keep complaining?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I feel like I have done everything possible to help accommodate him. I just feel like I am constantly picking up after him, he never does the dishes, only cleans when friends come in town, plays his music at unbearable levels in the middle of the night, I think he is a complete wreck and there is no sense you can talk into this person.
    Try talking to this person and be a complete asshole to him whenever he wakes you up and what not. It's worked with me and my roommates (somewhat).

I know how hard it is to talk to someone that you think probably won't change but doesn't hurt in trying. And if he AGREES to keep it down, remind him every time he doesn't and be a complete dick.

Go talk to your landlord and see if there's anything you can do. If he's doing anything illegal, call the cops on him (after continuing to do wake you up in the middle of the night). I know that may seem like a real dick move but I could see myself getting to that breaking point with a roommate to just get some damn peace and quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Go talk to your landlord and see if there's anything you can do. If he's doing anything illegal, call the cops on him (after continuing to do wake you up in the middle of the night). I know that may seem like a real dick move but I could see myself getting to that breaking point with a roommate to just get some damn peace and quiet.
    That's why you've always been, and will continue to always be a complete square head pure scum, you rat bastid.

If I was your roommate, I would wipe my ass with your toothbrush

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Show your dick to him and tell him how much you like him and wanna **** him in the ass.....and you tell him you think he's cute..........take a blue pill for your dick hard pretending that your dck hard for him...he would be freaking out and move the out with no question.

Get some ideas from bballer. We need photos, jizz tissue residue and restroom shots of pizza boxes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    That's why you've always been, and will continue to always be a complete square head pure scum, you rat bastid.

If I was your roommate, I would wipe my ass with your toothbrush
    I guess dude. My roommates and I just hosted a huge halloween party that had at least 150+ people come/drop by. But you're right, that's pretty square of me to be apart of that.

I would go crazy if my roommate was waking me up every night and playing music after continually asking him to stfu. People actually have lives to attend to and need sleep. It would push me to the complete edge to where I'd seriously consider calling the cops.