Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Default Re: Analysis and reactions to Deron Williams signing with team in Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

Now shut up you fukcing inbred Arkansas piece of shit.
    Moving screens are legal in Euroleague. The Euroleague has nothing to do with FIBA.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-11-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Default Re: Analysis and reactions to Deron Williams signing with team in Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Moving screens are legal in Euroleague. The Euroleague has nothing to do with FIBA, genius.
    You can't have a game of basketball if moving screens are all perfectly legal. It would be a scrum. Think about it for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Wow you know nothing about fundamental basketball. You can say they are lax on calling moving screens but clearly they are illegal, it would be like rugby if they were not. You'd have lead blockers.
    The Euroleague has never considered a moving screen to be illegal. Ever since it started 10 years ago this has been the case.

Like I have said over and over, the Euroleague is way more physical than the NBA is.

You can't have a game of basketball if moving screens are all perfectly legal. It would be a scrum. Think about it for a second.
    Like I said, you have never seen a Euroleague game. Moving screens are legal, and perfectly common place in every Euroleague game. It is a much more physical league than the NBA is.

The Euroleague has never considered a moving screen to be illegal. Ever since it started 10 years ago this has been the case.

Like I have said over and over, the Euroleague is way more physical than the NBA is.
    it would be football, not basketball. You've never played ball have you. Again, you might say they are lax calling it but saying they are legal is stupid. It's just illogical.

it would be football, not basketball. You've never played ball have you. Again, you might say they are lax calling it but saying they are legal is stupid. It's just illogical.
    Once again, they are legal in the Euroleague and every single game has them. The rules of enforcement dictate that they are legal in Euroleague.

Just like the rules of enforcement do not allow them in NBA, or that the rules of enforcement in FIBA allow Team USA to travel, but not the other teams.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

So what makes FIBA different than Euroleague in terms of rules?

New game rules for the 2010-11 season

VIDEO: BC Khimki coach Sergio Scariolo analyzes new rules
    Beginning with the 2010-11 Turkish Airlines Euroleague Qualifying Rounds on Tuesday, Euroleague Basketball joins the international basketball community in observing and instituting several important new rules. The changes to the Official Basketball Rules were originally voted on by the FIBA Central Board in April 2008, with most targeted to take effect now, following the 2010 World Championships. The changes are meant to move basketball closer to a single set of rules governing how the game is played everywhere in the world. Among the major changes being enacted, three-point shots will be longer and the trapezoid-shaped zone between the free throw line and the basket will become rectangular.

The new three-point arc is situated 6.75 meters away from the basket, one-half meter further away than the 6.25-meter line that has been in use until now in Euroleague Basketball competitions. (The three-point shot distance will be shorter in the corners to accomodate a minimum separation space of .90 meters from the sideline). Another new marking on the playing surface indicates throw-in areas on the sidelines, from where a team may inbound the ball following a timeout in the last two minutes of a game or in an overtime period. Another feature of the rule changes, no-charge semicircles under each basket, were implemented by Euroleague Basketball previously.

Another new rule states that on non-shooting fouls or violations by a defensive team that is not yet in the foul bonus, and when the attacking team has already crossed the halfcourt line, the 24-second clock will not be reset to 24 seconds. Rather, if 14 or more seconds remain, the clock will not be adjusted. If 13 or fewer seconds remain, the clock will be reset to 14 seconds.

OFFICIAL BASKETBALL RULES 2010:

Art. 2.2.3 Free-throw lines and restricted areas

The restricted areas shall be the floor rectangle areas marked on the playing court.

The restricted (three-second) area shall be a rectangle (not anymore a trapezoid) as per Diagram 1 below.

Art. 2.2.4 Three-point field goal area

The distance of the three-point line shall be 6.75 m (and not 6.25 m as present).

Art. 2.2.6 Throw-in side lines

The two (2) small lines shall be marked outside the court, on the opposite side of the scorer's table and the team bench areas, with the outer edge at the distance of 8,325 m from the inside edge of the end lines; in other words, level to the top of the three-point line.

During the last two (2) minutes of the game and of the extra period, following the time-out granted to the team that has been entitled to the possession of the ball from its backcourt, the subsequent throw-in will be taken on the opposite side of the scorer's table from the "throw-in side line" and not as presently from the centre line extended.

Art. 2.2.7 No-charge semicircles

The no-charge semicircles shall be marked on the playing court, under the baskets. The distance of the inner edge of the semicircles shall be 1,25 m from the centre of the basket (on the floor).

A charging (offensive) foul should never be called if the contact by the offensive player is with the defensive player standing within the no-charge semicircle.

Art. 29 Twenty-four seconds

If the throw-in is to be administered in the backcourt, if required by the respective rules, the 24 second device shall be reset to 24 seconds.

If the throw-in is to be administered in the frontcourt, if required by the respective rules, the 24-second device shall be reset as follows:

- If 14 seconds or more are displayed on the 24-second device at the time the game was stopped, the 24-second device shall not be reset and shall remain the same.

- If 13 seconds or less are displayed on the 24-second device at the time the game was stopped, the 24-second device shall be reset to 14 seconds.

For a clearer visualization of the first four changes above, please refer to the Diagram 1.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

http://www.euroleague.net/features/v...attle-of-wills

the very same Batista was called for an offensive foul caused by a moving screen 10 meters from the basket.
    I guess this is a different Euroleague? **shrugs shoulders**

The Euroleague is NOT FIBA. That is what makes it different. Anyone saying that moving screens are illegal in Euroleague has proven here that they have never in their entire life ever seen a single Euroleague game.

niko has regularly said in this forum that he watches Euroleague games, but he proves here that he has not. Because if he had seen even one Euroleague game, he would know that the refs will not call you for a moving screen.

Will they call it in a FIBA tournament? Not always, but usually. They will not call it in a Euroleague game and never has it been called as long as I can remember since the league formed.

Once again, they are legal in the Euroleague and every single game has them. The rules of enforcement dictate that they are legal in Euroleague.

Just like the rules of enforcement do not allow them in NBA, or that the rules of enforcement in FIBA allow Team USA to travel, but not the other teams.
    We are not talking about team usa and your fantasy of olympic cheating. Do that on your own time. We are talking about moving screens. You are full of shit if you say they are legal in the rule book. They definitely have to call some moving screens, if not there would be no flow, it would not be physical, it would be a scrum. I always knew you were making shit up but i never realized before you weren't someone who ever played. You're a stat nerd. I'm ashamed to have spoke to you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight

You obviously don't understand what is being talked about here. A "moving screen" in NBA or FIBA is not the same as a "moving screen" in Euroleague. I am going to start placing people on ignore if they keep arguing about something that is such common basic basketball knowledge and such known basic basketball fact.

The Euroleague is NOT FIBA. That is what makes it different. Anyone saying that moving screens are illegal in Euroleague has proven here that they have never in their entire life ever seen a single Euroleague game.

niko has regularly said in this forum that he watches Euroleague games, but he proves here that he has not. Because if he had seen even one Euroleague game, he would know that the refs will not call you for a moving screen.

Will they call it in a FIBA tournament? Not always, but usually. They will not call it in a Euroleague game and never has it been called as long as I can remember since the league formed.
    i've seen them, i do not regularly watch them and i'm sure i've never said that, because i haven't. i kind of recall asking maga lots of questions in a thread that you kept derailing. As always, i ask that you do not confuse me with others you argue with.

Moving screens are legal in Euroleague. The Euroleague has nothing to do with FIBA.
    Euroleague uses FIBA rules. The only difference is that they still use the older FIBA rules, not the newest FIBA rules.

But moving screens have been illegal forever.

We are not talking about team usa and your fantasy of olympic cheating. Do that on your own time. We are talking about moving screens. You are full of shit if you say they are legal in the rule book. They definitely have to call some moving screens, if not there would be no flow, it would not be physical, it would be a scrum. I always knew you were making shit up but i never realized before you weren't someone who ever played. You're a stat nerd. I'm ashamed to have spoke to you so much.
    Ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight

he's a retard. if they never called a moving screen everyone would just send screeners and dribble drive all day. There would be massive collisions all over and it would quickly turn into a rugby game. It's a ludicrous concept. I've seen games where they are lax (remember the D'Antoni run and gun suns? They did illegal screens all the time. But they were subtle. No game/league allows moving screens).