View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #13
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: Kobe and Howard apparently got into a "heated exchange"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Lopez isn't a low post center.. He's a high post center that roams in the paint when he sees penetration from his guards. That's what all his paint points come from. Passes from dwill and Joe Johnson when hey attract attention and he sneaks into the cracks of the defense.. Or defenders biting on his jump shot pump fake and him driving. He would actually work well on the Lakers. Brook has absolutely zero ego.. He would take everything as it came and would allow Gasol to sink back down into the post. His rim protection has been great this year too.

Him and Marshon Brooks and maybe a tough rebounder like reggie Evans would make the Lakers better than they are with Howard now whose offense is a liability and who barely protects the rim any better than lopez would.
D'Antoni wants his players to run up and down the court. Lopez has stress problems in his foot and is the slowest human being in the world. I 100% disagree with your assessment of Lopez being a D'Antoni type of player. Note: D'Antoni wants Gasol gone. He doesn't want him on the team much less in the post. (Note: I LOVE Lopez game this year, but it fits on the Nets well, not on the Lakers at all.)

D'Antoni wants Gasol gone, and in his place wants shooters, players who can space the floor, and get down the court and into the offense quickly. You want to send him Lopez, Evans and Brooks (i love Brooks game but he's not a spot up guy). It doesn't make any sense.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote